British Speedway Forum

Starman is correct the work has been done but with the weather forecast being for heavy rain to move in this afternoon and over the rest of the weekend the track is being left to take what the elements are going to throw at it and allow more time to settle. After waiting for years to bring the stadium to fruition it would have been better to perhaps wait a few weeks longer as regards the track thus possibly avoiding the shambles of last week. It really has to be ready next time.

• Like 2

Starman is correct the work has been done but with the weather forecast being for heavy rain to move in this afternoon and over the rest of the weekend the track is being left to take what the elements are going to throw at it and allow more time to settle. After waiting for years to bring the stadium to fruition it would have been better to perhaps wait a few weeks longer as regards the track thus possibly avoiding the shambles of last week. It really has to be ready next time.

Definately agree. You need some lengthy decent weather after this for it to bed down. And thank you...

Edited by Starman2006

Don't know whether the track covers have arrived yet, but if they have, you could possibly have used the covers on the 3rd and 4th bends to protect it, and allow the track to settle.

Don't know whether the track covers have arrived yet, but if they have, you could possibly have used the covers on the 3rd and 4th bends to protect it, and allow the track to settle.

Mate there's no point in putting covers over that as it will just sweat. It needs fresh air. It ideally could do with another two weeks for it all to bed in, as apparantly they did a lot of invasive work.on the base then the top. You might as well get it right than have to bugger about with it later.

Mate there's no point in putting covers over that as it will just sweat. It needs fresh air. It ideally could do with another two weeks for it all to bed in, as apparantly they did a lot of invasive work.on the base then the top. You might as well get it right than have to bugger about with it later.

I was suggesting the covers on before any heavy rains this last weekend to protect the track, not prior to the failed meeting.

I was suggesting the covers on before any heavy rains this last weekend to protect the track, not prior to the failed meeting.

I realise that. Your better off just leaving it. Its not going to rain forever so it will dry up. it needs to bed in naturally.

I realise that. Your better off just leaving it. Its not going to rain forever so it will dry up. it needs to bed in naturally.

A pity they didn't do that before letting 5,000 people in.

• Like 3

A pity they didn't do that before letting 5,000 people in.

There you go mate.. But what i failed to mention earlier, if the base had been done right from the get go there may not have been the problem.

Edited by Starman2006

Trackman could tell you how to dry damp spots out. Dig a hole put methanol in and light it.

I did hear a tale from Spiegal regarding a meeting at Rybnik where they got loads of straw and poured methanol over it and lit it to dry the track out. The riders reckoned the track was corking for the meeting.

Trackman could tell you how to dry damp spots out. Dig a hole put methanol in and light it.

I did hear a tale from Spiegal regarding a meeting at Rybnik where they got loads of straw and poured methanol over it and lit it to dry the track out. The riders reckoned the track was corking for the meeting.

I've heard Ole advocate this.

Hi, has anyone received a refund yet? I have tried a number of times to email Belle Vue regarding the matter with no luck - no response or acknowledgement that they have received my email and even less luck on the phone.

I've heard Ole advocate this.

I have heard of the Poles using on of those road making machines with the big flame across the back to dry the track out ,

We have finally announced this meeting won't be re run THIS YEAR. but will be rerun in 2017

No s**t shirlock

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2