Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Cool, took time off work, travelled 200+ miles, hotel overnight stay, rail fare etc. All the recompense entitled to is the face value of the ticket! Even, prior to Saturday when I tried to contact Belle Vue (twice) regarding what would happen in the case of a rain-off - guess what - no reply!

Now it seems like the problem with the track was known about and in evidence way before the start of the meeting.

No wonder Speedway is ridiculed by outsiders.

Speedway once was and could still be a great sport but I for one am total disillusioned by Speedway at present.

Edited by a4poster

I would suggest that any person who is going to return a ticket for a refund keeps a copy of it in case it is either lost or it comes to light that further legal actions are being taken. They should also keep any proof of any other bills relating to the trip.

• Like 1

Why can't we scan the the tickets with the email proof of purchase and return? Otherwise it could be a case of there word against ours that they have received them.

Also, I would expect Belle Vue to be compensated by the developers for this cock-up so should we the Supporters be additionally compensated?

Edited by a4poster
  • Like 1

Cool, took time off work, travelled 200+ miles, hotel overnight stay, rail fare etc. All the recompense entitled to is the face value of the ticket! Even, prior to Saturday when I tried to contact Belle Vue (twice) regarding what would happen in the case of a rain-off - guess what - no reply!

Now it seems like the problem with the track was known about and in evidence way before the start of the meeting.

No wonder Speedway is ridiculed by outsiders.

Speedway once was and could still be a great sport but I for one am total disillusioned by Speedway at present.

If we can get some case studies off these outsiders then it may help in the pursuit of compensation from speedway clubs.

I've been to concerts, theatre performances, a comedian that didn't show, trains that didn't run meaning I missed a London show the list goes on but unlike most on here I've only ever had at best a ticket refund. I'm feeling a bit foolish now I know it's the norm to get associated cost reimbursed but like I say if we can use your success stories to put pressure on speedway clubs then fill this thread guys.

If we can get some case studies off these outsiders then it may help in the pursuit of compensation from speedway clubs.

I've been to concerts, theatre performances, a comedian that didn't show, trains that didn't run meaning I missed a London show the list goes on but unlike most on here I've only ever had at best a ticket refund. I'm feeling a bit foolish now I know it's the norm to get associated cost reimbursed but like I say if we can use your success stories to put pressure on speedway clubs then fill this thread guys.

On this point we agree.

As far as I understand it (and believe someone has already pointed out earlier in the thread), the SCB track inspector passes the track only for the dimensions, safety fence etc., not the actual condition of the track.

The track condition did look okay from the terraces until the riders had a practice on it and the big rut formed on the third/fourth bends.

Option 2 - Exchange: Ticket(s) from March 19th can be exchanged at the box office for any 2016 Belle Vue Speedway domestic league match ticket(s) of equal value, or used as credit towards a domestic league match ticket(s) of greater value. Please contact the office for more information.

But the admission cost of domestic league matches is less than the tickets for 19th March. Will there also be a refund?

Come to the restaging for free ... (if we host it). Absolute shambles.

So that's £2 booking fee plus £1 postage lost. Will that be refunded?

you booked up knowing the quality of the field, no way will the re-staging be anywhere near that quality

superstars turned up .

Don't you get it, Craig Cook said there was a problem with the the track,the Belle Vue captain Scott Nicholls said there was a problem with the track,the World Champion said the track was unraceable ,Dave Gordon has said he did not blame the riders for not riding. Will it not sink in ?

What went wrong over night?

Thats the leading question that no one has the answer to but then all questions are being avoided i see this one being swept under the carpet

Option 2 - Exchange: Ticket(s) from March 19th can be exchanged at the box office for any 2016 Belle Vue Speedway domestic league match ticket(s) of equal value, or used as credit towards a domestic league match ticket(s) of greater value. Please contact the office for more information.

But the admission cost of domestic league matches is less than the tickets for 19th March. Will there also be a refund?

My thoughts, probably not because they have offered full ticket value to the re-run of the Peter Craven memorial Trophy meeting - option 1. If they had not done option 1 then the situation may have been different.

Don't you get it, Craig Cook said there was a problem with the the track,the Belle Vue captain Scott Nicholls said there was a problem with the track,the World Champion said the track was unraceable ,Dave Gordon has said he did not blame the riders for not riding. Will it not sink in ?

No I'm too old and too thick to adapt to the new style of speedway rider , and too old to adapt to arrogant and self righteous forum members as well ,

Can i just point out to you all. Apparantly the problem has now been resolved on the track. So hopefully for BV things will start to improve.