British Speedway Forum

A slight concern with the picture above and the weather at the moment is will the stadium and track be ready by the 19th?.

Was told by many the track would be ok.

I bet many from Wolves will not be going to their away meeting there.

Absolutely disgusted that this hasn't been done in time. I am fuming. 92 on 2 hotel rooms. 60 quid on tickets 65 quid in fuel 15 quid on food/drink here for what?

Edited by Morrissey Fan

What a great big balls up & for all the riders & fans who've travelled to this meeting it involves alot of cost.

British speedway shoots itself in the foot once more.

I have heard that they knew about the problems as early as Thursday, but why were there not some riders invited to test it out after they thought that they had sorted the problems out??

Mate why the hell should there be problems. They've had no rain, who the hell has been playing with the track. It should be pretty hard all the way round, and able to take a tractor blade and a grader.

This is the last thing we needed, lets hope the track is fixed asap, makes the decision not to have full practice sessions going on a bit daft now.

We were told at Brandon last night it was likely to be off. Can't believe they let everyone get there. Disgrace.

Rideable but not raceable is Bombers quote apparently.

I went over two weeks ago (5th March) and put these comments on face book:

Short (very short) inspection this morning. Not surprised they are working today, given that it opens in 2 weeks and two bends do not exist, the back straight terracing is not finished and one end is a mud heap.

While safety is paramount and the track should have been ready, to my mind it would have been better for the riders to go through the motions than abandon the meeting.

• Like 3

Mate why the hell should there be problems. They've had no rain, who the hell has been playing with the track. It should be pretty hard all the way round, and able to take a tractor blade and a grader.

Your enjoying this. It's as if you actually wanted it to fail.

• Like 4

I dont get this. Lots of people with years of experience in this sport work there, how could they ever believe that race was on tonight?

If Bend 3 and 4 hadnt been there 2 weeks ago, how would that shale lay down and bind together so quickly?

It is too cold in this time of the year. Just like Warszawa, it was just too cold. That doesnt work.

They should of finished the track month ago.

i dont know what the timeline was for finishing the stadium. But as soon as they found out it will take longer, they should of called the race off for today and restage it later!

How can they risk all the hard work and everything for a situation like that tonight???? It is the worst case scenario, definitaly!

We were told at Brandon last night it was likely to be off. Can't believe they let everyone get there. Disgrace.

If that's true, someone wants their private parts chopping off for not postponing it - whatever the cost. Better to look fools for postponement than to look clowns for abandonment.

Rideable but not raceable is Bombers quote apparently.

If that's true, in the circumstances the meeting should have gone ahead and the riders are to blame for the abandonment.

• Like 3

Your enjoying this. It's as if you actually wanted it to fail.

No im not enjoying it. I think its a bloody farce.

The way it was told to me was that the track had actually failed its licensing inspection, so had to be fixed yesterday, but I don't know how true that actually is.....

• Like 1

I have heard that they knew about the problems as early as Thursday, but why were there not some riders invited to test it out after they thought that they had sorted the problems out??

Feel sorry for those who paid huge amounts to be there, I'm certainly glad I decided not to go in the end....

They were, Max Fricke and Richie Worrall rode on it yesterday.

Havelock tweeted: Oh dear. I heard rumours the new track was not gonna be ready🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hans had also mentioned the track wasn't great.

There were rumours last night that the new track had problems & the meeting was a huge doubt but I took it with a pinch of salt.

If it was suspected last night that there were big problems with the track then why we're fans let in & left sitting without any updates until 7pm?

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 4