British Speedway Forum

One thing for sure, Poole will never be regarded in the same way as Belle-Vue, they will be remembered for something different altogether.

May tonight's meeting be a huge success, with much more to come.

So how's that working out for you BritPete?

I can't believe this has happened tonight, can we assume that no one has put in any serious laps on the track before tonight? If that's the case then it really is a shambles. I'm not one for slagging of anything speedway but the sport really does not help itself sometimes.

Unfortunately, you are right.

They were, Max Fricke and Richie Worrall rode on it yesterday.

Sorry, I had only seen it on here that there would be no riders on it till tonight, so assumed that there had been nobody on it :)

If anyone sees Terry Russell, can you ask him to send the box of eggs that have been all over his face since the Abbey Farewell up to Manchester please?

Speechless, but not surprised. Unfortunately thIs is British Speedway in a nutshell :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think there will need to be a bit more than appologies here. Fans have travelled a long way and spent a hell of a lot of money.

• Like 4

Such a great shame and a situation that simply should not have been allowed to happen.

Just had a text from a mate at Rye House. Meeting delayed by 30 minutes due to starting gate malfunction, programme is in EL format and the riders are complaining about the track.

I think there will need to be a bit more than appologies here. Fans have travelled a long way and spent a hell of a lot of money.

I wonder if any fan is a solicitor, as cancellation possibly down to incompetence and not something unforeseen.

Another nail in the coffin and all that.........I guess at least no-one was on the first and second bends or there would be even more p'd off punters

British Speedway shoots itself in the foot again.

It must have been a centipede over the last 20 years then, the numerous times things like this have happened

• Like 5

I wonder if any fan is a solicitor, as cancellation possibly down to incompetence and not something unforeseen.

Many of the riders present tonight can stand it. Many of the fans who travelled all over the country cannot. I would suggest they keep every reciept and entry ticket. Somebody has to take the can for this. And appart from the track curator whoever he is, the buck stops with the promotion.

To quote someone else on Twitter tonight. He most believeable unbelievable thing ever.

Gutted for everyone - except those idiots who allowed this to happen. Ruined all the good work they had done, they'd almost been in a position to shove two fingers up at the doubters. Then at the final hurdle hey have ruined everything. What a crying shame.

I fell sorry for the organisers , they have been let down by the riders , 16 national league boys would just have got on with it and made the best of it , apparently there was a meeting and a riders vote , I would like to know the names of those who refused to ride , they have let british speedway down , not that the likes of Woffinden and pedersen care about British speedway

• Like 1