British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Pirates Vs Roobins, Ela, 25 Mar 2016, 12 Noon

i apologise it's just that the guy winds me up with his daft comments. Please accept though that I have not once slagged off Ford or Poole , I just feel that it's the worst elite league ever

Are you for real? How old are you 7? You be careful, Starman might just post something else in the near future....hold on tightly to your toys....

• Like 2

So it's fact that every promoter had access to Rick Frost's asset Buczkowski? Yeah right. :lol:

I actually said, every promoter had access to every available rider. If Buzz isn't included within that then my statement \s written is correct :t:

i agree with 99% of what you write and nothing wrong with enjoying winning, however the gloating needs to be toned down a bit. The sport is on its knees and one team thrashing the others doesnt help the sport. The elite league looks like being the most boring it has ever been and the sport as a whole is suffering. The other teams look like a premier league side from about 5 years ago, not the standard of a so called elite league.

As i say Ipswich , my team, thrashed everyone in 1998. The racing on the most part was dull with 5-1 after 5-1 and i was one of many who simply didnt bother going to the meetings against much weaker sides when i knew i was going to watch processional racing. The sport itself suffers if one or even 2 teams are so much further ahead than the others.

Poole get decent crowds, i know that, but how many are going to bother going to watch Poole rack up 60 points against the majority of sides?

I pick and choose my meetings now due to cost and i wont bother watching Ipswich against say Redcar or Rye House , but when Glasgow are in town with that strong top 4 i will be there. Must be the same for Poole if Leicester or Lakeside are there the crowd wont be as big for when Belle Vue are in town

No gloating here fella, but there is no reason why we shouldn't celebrate a convincing win - be it against a 'top' team or a 'weaker' team. Every sport has stronger and weaker teams, riders, drivers or individuals. The fact that Poole are strong this season when some other teams are not is not Poole's problem. The BSPA and all teams as a collective have made the league weaker year on year, not Poole. And you know I don't stand for some of the strokes Matt Ford has pulled, however this season he's pulled a cracking team out of the bag when others haven't.

Oh and your comments regarding Newman are so very wide of the mark and Garrity will NEVER ride for Team GB as he's not or will ever be good enough.

Unfortunately Swindon have a premier league and Jason Doyle. Take Doyle out and they wouldn't win the premier league.

We were informed that Swindon would use their own assets so why not use Mads instead of Tungate ?, Would have made the team look stronger.

Swindon will struggle this year unless changes are made. People have been saying it's a team of Racers well that wasn't evident yesterday.

Like a lot of supporters I will pick and choose when I go this season and you may say that is not a true supporter well the team is not a true elite league team. It cost me a lot of money with my wife and 3 boys going. Rant over !

Well done to Poole yesterday and well done to Matt for again producing a league winning side. If only we could do the same.

An honest assessment, well done that man (I assume!).

Buzz was as good as a Poole asset with Frost on board so it's highly unlikely he would have signed for anyone else.

Plus I haven't heard one promoter saying they tried to sign him but were denied .

I believe Poole were the only team that wanted him despite him being near enough a Poole asset.

Good point :t:

I don't think Garrity will ride for GB either but at that level he is way ahead of Newman for selection. Higher Elite league average, Higher Premier league average. British Final record far superior and possibly should have made a rostrum. Was reserve and had a ride in a GP. Now Garrity wants to make the next step up and race in a 1-5 and put himself against better riders. Newman currently is racing against EDR riders that he is superior to. No GB manager would select a rider who is happy to beat the likes of Sargeant and Bates , basically premier league second strings, over a rider who wants to better himself. What sort of experience is Newman gaining? None! Kyle is the more stylish of the 2 but he is not even close to ever being taken seriously as a rider for the national side. He will though riding in the Poole team win another title but its not doing much for his own career

• Like 2

Winning a load of trophies is not doing much for his career??! Ha. Will any of them get a trophy for team GB, not bloomin' likely.

I don't think Garrity will ride for GB either but at that level he is way ahead of Newman for selection. Higher Elite league average, Higher Premier league average. British Final record far superior and possibly should have made a rostrum. Was reserve and had a ride in a GP. Now Garrity wants to make the next step up and race in a 1-5 and put himself against better riders. Newman currently is racing against EDR riders that he is superior to. No GB manager would select a rider who is happy to beat the likes of Sargeant and Bates , basically premier league second strings, over a rider who wants to better himself. What sort of experience is Newman gaining? None! Kyle is the more stylish of the 2 but he is not even close to ever being taken seriously as a rider for the national side. He will though riding in the Poole team win another title but its not doing much for his own career

Isn't Newman currently in Poland at the moment and riding tomorrow for Pila in their fist league meeting of the season?

Which Polish team is Garrity riding for this season? He must have one as in your opinion he is way better than Newman. The Polish clubs must have been ringing his phone off the hook.

Your assesmentnof Garrity over Newman is absolutely miles off target. Kyle will be up in the team in the next rew weeks and gaining further experience. A team rider who put his local club first even though he wanted to be in the 1-5. Can the same be said of Garrity, who I hold no grudge and want to succeed? His determination to be in the Coventry 1-5 has cost his club any chance of trophies this season.

Or is Newman much more

• Like 2

Isn't Newman currently in Poland at the moment and riding tomorrow for Pila in their fist league meeting of the season?

Which Polish team is Garrity riding for this season? He must have one as in your opinion he is way better than Newman. The Polish clubs must have been ringing his phone off the hook.

Your assesmentnof Garrity over Newman is absolutely miles off target. Kyle will be up in the team in the next rew weeks and gaining further experience. A team rider who put his local club first even though he wanted to be in the 1-5. Can the same be said of Garrity, who I hold no grudge and want to succeed? His determination to be in the Coventry 1-5 has cost his club any chance of trophies this season.

Or is Newman much more

Got to agree with that. Surely someone explained to Garrity that he would probably be in the 1-5 after a handful of meetings anyway :o

Or is Newman much more

yes he got a shot in poland , and well done ......but if he dont deliver over there they arent slow to give you the push

newman has had 2 yrs more experience than garrity, as newman 24 and garritys 22, so time is on garritys side

• Like 1

Got to agree with that. Surely someone explained to Garrity that he would probably be in the 1-5 after a handful of meetings anyway :o

I personally admire Jason's tenacity to start in the 1-5. Shows passion and will to progress and let's face it he can demand more money. Respect to him for that.

With the way he is scoring tho so far he could end up back in the reserve berth which will be a big pill to swallow for the lad.

Don't buy that he has messed Coventry's team plans up tho. They didn't have to sign Jason in the 1-5 unless they believed he was ready for the job.

The argument over who is better is silly at best. Poole fans think Newman is better and likewise Bees fans think Garrity is.

Jason has a much higher PL average and very little in it in the draft averages the past 2 seasons.

Good on Kyle for getting a team place in Poland, that's what we need all our promising Brits to do.

Can't say that landing a contract in Poland means he is already better, let's see how he does first folks?!

Garrity needs to stop being so reckless in his riding before he can be considered for team GB............Newman was like Garrity invited to take part in the Croatian training sessions as well..............Newman has as much chance as Garrity as being selected for the final Team GB squad............Remember as well that Newman is only riding EL (unless Plymouth get sorted out..........) at the moment............

Having seen Garrity try and take Newman out deliberately on a number of occasions and take other riders out I know I would rather have Newman than Garrity in Team GB

RP

• Like 1

ive seen newman do similar too, sometimes going for gaps that dont exist

seen riders deliberately knock garrity off too......

• Like 1

Very true, he was avaliable to any club, but not one club went in for him. That tells you the state of the rest. Sad really. Its called ambition, but clearly many others don't seem to have that.

chris4gillian..............I actually said, every promoter had access to every available rider. If Buzz isn't included within that then my statement \s written is correct. :t:

According to Starman he was available and not one club went for him. He knows everything doesn't he so he must be right. :lol: Anyway, apologies because I keep forgetting there are two or three unbiased sensible Poole fans.

Edited by Gemini

According to Starman he was available and not one club went for him. He knows everything doesn't he so he must be right. :lol: Anyway, apologies because I keep forgetting there are two or three unbiased sensible Poole fans.

As I've said on numerous occasions, ignore Matt Ford's laccy....us sensible Poole supporters do :t:

Or is Newman much more

Is there an echo in here? :D:lol:

So remind me, what country is Garrity riding in outside of GB? Out of the two Newman is the more consistent EL rider. Let's see where they're both at in a month or two...

Oh and I invite you to come to Poole to watch us and in particular Newman, you may change your opinion once you do. Newman is 100% Poole and wants only what's best for Poole. Garrity is all about Garrity and that is detriment to himself and Coventry which is reflected in their poor team. Garrity is nothing better than a reserve even in the weak EL.

It was but he still didn't want to be in it. If the rumours were true that a few clubs wanted him then I wouldn't want to be in the draft either. Why would a rider restrict where he could go when he can probably get a far better deal knowing that more than one club are after him? Its a short career and id have done the same and I suspect most others us would have too.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Genuine question - why did Swindon let Zengota go?

Good Question. We were told they couldn't fit him in within the points limit and that they think he was on a high average. His average is not high it is a reflection of his riding ability. Love to have him in the side. At least we would have two heat leaders instead of the premier league riders we have.

• Like 1