British Speedway Forum

There's going to be a lot of blame being issued over the next few weeks. I imagine it will be the lawyers who get rich as usual.

The BSPA coming out with such a defamatory statement without being in possession of the full facts was unprofessional at best - and I'd venture to say that THEY have put the sport back because of their actions.

• Like 1

Blimey whoever is at fault for the shambles,please step forward.This is going from bad to worse,you watch the buck is going to be passed from one sub contractor to another sub contractor,all the way down to the cleaner who hasnt started work yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the plus side..

There has been great national publicity...

Even tonight on local MCR TV it beat the City/Utd derby as lead story...

No publicity is bad publicity and all that...

Even my staff at work mentioned it today!!!

Wonder if the Contractors have measured the white lines on the centre green correctly . Think someone should give who ever will be playing on the pitch a caution call. ;)

Wonder if the Contractors have measured the white lines on the centre green correctly . Think someone should give who ever will be playing on the pitch a caution call. ;)

that pitch looks lovely in the pics, just wonder what it looks like when riders go across it?

• Like 1

So according to the BSPA / SGB the event on Saturday night was nothing to do with them because it was a domestic meeting and not a shared event. There dealings with the track stopped when they issued a licence to say the track met the required standards (I assume that means its oval shape not square, got a bit of shale on it and not totally tarmac or concrete and has a regulation safety fence / air fence and not a selection of balloons tied to the wire mesh and posts, ohh and its the right width) and with everything in place hand over your bond and we will give you a bit of numbered paper to say its ok.

They have also stated that the whole problem lies at the feet of the the Belle Vue promotion, something that I'm sure the promotion have realised and understood.

But what I don't understand is on one hand "its nothing to do with us" says the statement but on the other hand "A thorough investigation has already started". If its nothing to do with them why do they need a investigation into something that don't concern them / nothing to do with them?

• Like 4

And they have apologised for something that wasn't their fault...?

And something they had nothing to do with?

Very strange indeed...

• Like 1

But what I don't understand is on one hand "its nothing to do with us" says the statement but on the other hand "A thorough investigation has already started". If its nothing to do with them why do they need a investigation into something that don't concern them / nothing to do with them?

That would be because nowhere in the statement does it say "nothing to do with us" and in fact highlights the possible negative connections with rest of the sport a couple of times. The statement even makes an apology for the situation, something the Belle Vue promotion haven't yet had the decency to do.

• Like 7

Travelled up from Cornwall for this. Hotels, Rails fare etc.. Leaves a very sour taste in the mouth!

Lifelong fan, severely disillusioned with the sport right now.

Travelled up from Cornwall for this. Hotels, Rails fare etc.. Leaves a very sour taste in the mouth!

Lifelong fan, severely disillusioned with the sport right now.

Feel for you mate, I turned down some late night fun with my girlfriend to travel to this.

• Like 2

Feel for you mate, I turned down some late night fun with my girlfriend to travel to this.

you"l just have to blow her up again later!

• Like 6

I'll bet she was a bit deflated!
  • Like 6

Is she STILL helping you with your homework then?

• Like 1

I clicked on this thread with a certain trepidation having read the statement (and many comments - including some from past promoters!) on Facebook.

As far as the statement goes, I feel it could have been much better worded and thought-through. For any association to totally blame one of its members and not offer its support and assistance in attempting to sort things out is not on - wherever the faults lay.

As Phil the Ace says above, if the event had gone ahead without any problems, the BSPA would have been applauding one of their member clubs and be standing alongside them for all the congrats.

As sorry as I feel for everyone that was there, I feel particularly sad for all the Aces fans.

Yes, but that is not contradictory. Belle Vue would have got the kudos for the venture. It would then be hypocrisy to applaud Belle Vue's efforts, given what happened on Saturday and the days leading up to Saturday. BSPA or SCB seem like easy targets for some, when the mistakes were actually made elsewhere.

that pitch looks lovely in the pics, just wonder what it looks like when riders go across it?

Now outlawed that Colin. No short cuts for anyone to the tapes now, punishable by the meeting referee..

Regarding the pre-meeting practice by the riders, Bomber reared violently on the 4th bend and the Newcastle manager was diving for cover as he thought he was about to catch him. That was the last of the 4 practice sessions and the track had obviously deteriorated markedly from Nikki's ride which was in the first one.