British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZODIAK

Peterborough V Ipswich 28th March 2pm

Looking forward to the Easter Monday trip to the showground. TBH I've changed my mind about the Panthers. When they first declared their team I thought it looked average at best but the more I look at it the more I like it.

Just about all of them go very well around the showground and they'll be a tough nut to crack at home all season.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go unbeaten at home.

Grondal at reserve should have a field day in this one and that will be the difference IMO.

Hopefully we put on a good show and keep it close and maybe pinch a point. (Snat ch didn't make it through the filter LOL)

We know King loves the place but I'm unsure how the likes of Kerr and Sargeant have gone here in the past?

Any Idea of the Panthers riding order?

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

Be interesting how Kerr goes after his last ride around the EOES led to his horror smash. Sarj average and reserve who knows. You'll need Nico and King to score loads!

Think will take NBJ a bit to get dialled in but reckon we will get a win.

Be interesting how Kerr goes after his last ride around the EOES led to his horror smash. Sarj average and reserve who knows. You'll need Nico and King to score loads!

Think will take NBJ a bit to get dialled in but reckon we will get a win.

Risager isn't too shabby here either so I'd expect a reasonable amount from him, King and Covatti.

As you say Kerr's first return I wonder if that will play on his mind. He seems a very strong character so hopefully not.

I actually think we generally have a stronger top 5 than Peterborough, just not at the showground!

As I said, Grondal should rack up the points at reserve here and that will be the deciding factor in my opinion.

Will probably see him taking one of Lamberts programmed rides too if things are tight.

All depends how they ride on the day, let's face it, our first competitive meeting, so take a bit to get into the groove.

I say heatleaders your stronger, but second strings and reserve we have the advantage.

Let's hope for a great meeting and good weather.

Nearly always a great meeting at Peterborough so no worries there. Always value for money.

I mentioned Risager in my earlier post but of course he's injured at the moment, but I did read somewhere that he's flying out to Denmark for treatment and there's an outside chance he could make next Monday's meeting.

If he doesn't then that will hurt us further. We missed him badly yesterday at Scunny where his rides accumulated just three points.

That's the problem when you build the team the way we have with a strong top four and then a tail.

We need to keep our top four fit as much as possible if we're to have any success this season.

• Like 1

Love going to the showground, when right it's an awsome track for men with the biggest plumbs. Agree with hong kong, don't see the panthers losing at home all season, which includes this one. We may be a bit sharper in the first few races but panthers will pull it back and some. Perry is probably one of the best 3 pointers and emil should score plenty. Luckily we have Danny and nico to to keep us entertained and the racing will be tough and close.

Panthers to win by 12

We know King loves the place but I'm unsure how the likes of Kerr and Sargeant have gone here in the past?

Risager isn't too shabby here either so I'd expect a reasonable amount from him, King and Covatti.

Both Lewi and Sarj didn't ride at the EoES in the PL last season, but Lewi was riding well in the Fours before his accident, though his previous visit in 2014 with Newcastle promised a lot but ended with 4 x retirements with Engine Failures after being well placed in each heat. I'd expect him to go well on his Revolution Jawas this time.

Risager probably would be good for 7/8 points against his Danish compatriots, but must be a doubt with his broken metatarsal. Witches will struggle operating R/R here.

Until King sorts his machinery out, I can't see him going as well here as in the past. (Just hope Hawkins doesn't think he has to put him in Heat 15 every match and goes with the form riders, as imo this cost Ipswich the win at the EWR yesterday.)

Despite this being the Panthers first competitive outing, can only see a home win unless Paco turns up on a rocket ship rather than his pizza delivery scooter. That is a very solid looking 1-6 that Peterborough have put together and you'd expect Tom Perry to outscore Darryl Ritchings here.

Always enjoyed my visits to Alwalton over the past 40 years. Good weather, a close scoreline and injury free racing would do nicely, thank you.

As you say Kerr's first return I wonder if that will play on his mind. He seems a very strong character so hopefully not.

I actually think we generally have a stronger top 5 than Peterborough, just not at the showground!

As I said, Grondal should rack up the points at reserve here and that will be the deciding factor in my opinion.

Will probably see him taking one of Lamberts programmed rides too if things are tight.

Just wondering if you have actually seen Simon Lambert racing at the Eoes - the only way Grondal will be taking one of Simon's rides is going to need a unique set of circumstances:

1). Simon to have a nightmare meeting with machinery problems

2). Simon to withdraw injured

3). Emil to have an absolute stormer of a meeting (can see him having one for Perry if it's tight but as for the rest of the team only where necessary due to E/F or withdrawals.

• Like 3

Just wondering if you have actually seen Simon Lambert racing at the Eoes - the only way Grondal will be taking one of Simon's rides is going to need a unique set of circumstances:

1). Simon to have a nightmare meeting with machinery problems

2). Simon to withdraw injured

3). Emil to have an absolute stormer of a meeting (can see him having one for Perry if it's tight but as for the rest of the team only where necessary due to E/F or withdrawals.

I've never rated Simon Lambert, sorry. Fair play to him as he had a good season by his standards last year, but I'm unconvinced he'll continue that improvement.

I'll now await his match winning paid maximum next Monday and all the Panthers fans ramming those words back down my throat! ;)

• Like 1

Can't wait for this next Monday . Will be making the trip from Ipswich , can't see us winning the Panthers will be a very tough nut to crack at home this season.

Would be happy to come away from this with a point but with Morten out and King not up to speed gonna be a big ask.

I'll settle for a battling performance from the Witches , some good weather and great racing .

Will be worth the trip to watch Nico winding it up on the outside !

If r/r for Morten can only muster 3 like at Scunny then getting anything out of this will be some effort.

A losing point is the very best I can see. Expect the Panthers to win by 12-16.

May be popping over to see this one depending on how timings work out after a few days away.

I've never rated Simon Lambert, sorry. Fair play to him as he had a good season by his standards last year, but I'm unconvinced he'll continue that improvement.

I'll now await his match winning paid maximum next Monday and all the Panthers fans ramming those words back down my throat! ;)

No I never rated him either but he totally won me (and many others) over with his racing, effort, dedication to Panthers and won Rider of the Year for a very good reason. Whether there is any improvement in him remains to be seen but he looked good at P & P and at Ulrich's Testimonial so far this season.

As for your throat I very much doubt you will be troubled by soreness but probably best to pack a pack of Strepsils just in case 😉

Edited by maneacat
  • Like 2

BBC weather forecast rain for most of the easter break . Still a few days away hopefully it will change