British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZODIAK

Peterborough V Ipswich 28th March 2pm

Risager having a special boot fitted and "should" be available.

one with a bit of soul in it .

with regards to simon lambert , when he had his spell at workington, he was an absolute hero . great gater, steady and fitted in with everyone. good guy to have in any team . i think he has reached his peak. but at worky was very consistent with his form .. anyone who doubts his riding ability has hot really seen him on a good day . have him back at worky any day . except this season, cos we have adam . good luck to him for this season ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

More electrical problems at the Showground I see.

Hmmm.

Couldn't do it before Monday then?

This East of England Showground Contractors nothing to do with The Club. Expect they need to get the work completed asap due to their own busy schedule due at this time of year. Noticed at Ulrich's meeting there were trenches and bits marked for digging up all over the site which is huge for anyone who has not been. Lost count of how many portable generators I saw throughout the Showground as I walked from the car park to the grandstand so not surprised by this at all.

5 riders

Covatti,

Porsing,

Grondal,

Busk Jakobsen,

King

all have their polish league clubs riding on Mon. Wonder if this is the real reason Peterborough is off?

But of course they were available after today's news...

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

This East of England Showground Contractors nothing to do with The Club. Expect they need to get the work completed asap due to their own busy schedule due at this time of year. Noticed at Ulrich's meeting there were trenches and bits marked for digging up all over the site which is huge for anyone who has not been. Lost count of how many portable generators I saw throughout the Showground as I walked from the car park to the grandstand so not surprised by this at all.

But the huge 2 day Antiques Fayre goes ahead as planned on Friday and Saturday.

Edited by timetoturnleftagain

Antique fayres are far bigger than speedway. Although the average age range is probably about the same

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

But the huge 2 day Antiques Fayre goes ahead as planned on Friday and Saturday.

Think they usually use the large animal sheds and the new Arena Centre plus grounds on that side of the Showground - doubt they need the speedway track or the grandstand but it is a very large event that would be much more difficult to cancel if there are problems. Hate afternoon meetings myself so hopefully this will be rearranged for a much more suitable time and date.

Quite possibly the case, I haven't been to the showground yet this year but just read your post about trenches and bits marked for digging all over the site which would, I assume include the cattle sheds and Arena Centre area. Health and Safety is the reason given on the press realise and many more people attend these fayres than the average crowd even for a local derby, shame for the promotion and no doubt out of their hands as Bank Holiday fixtures usually generate a nice income for the club.

Could they not reverse the fixture ?

• Like 1

Quite possibly the case, I haven't been to the showground yet this year but just read your post about trenches and bits marked for digging all over the site which would, I assume include the cattle sheds and Arena Centre area. Health and Safety is the reason given on the press realise and many more people attend these fayres than the average crowd even for a local derby, shame for the promotion and no doubt out of their hands as Bank Holiday fixtures usually generate a nice income for the club.

My daughters company were at The Showground 2 weeks ago and should have been in the building situated on the 4th bend, but due to no electricity getting to it they all had to move to the arena building instead.

I was actually surprised that Ulric's meeting wasn't effected.

The electrics have needed upgrading for a few years now, with a bit of luck it may cut out the starting gate/lights problems we have witnessed over the last few years