British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZODIAK

Peterborough V Ipswich 28th March 2pm

My daughters company were at The Showground 2 weeks ago and should have been in the building situated on the 4th bend, but due to no electricity getting to it they all had to move to the arena building instead.

I was actually surprised that Ulric's meeting wasn't effected.

The electrics have needed upgrading for a few years now, with a bit of luck it may cut out the starting gate/lights problems we have witnessed over the last few years

More electrical problems at the Showground I see.

Hmmm.

And you were incinuating what ?

That the wiring is old and in need of replacing ?????

Haha. It was not aimed at you DB, but at someone trying to insinuate something else in his usual manner. Pleased to see Blupanther has further explained the situation. :P

• Like 2

Looking at the weather forecast for Monday, this may be a blessing in disguise.

Electrical issue impacts Stand, Northampton and Huntingdon Suites. Total power failure couple of weeks back with EoS unable to repair. Nothing sinister re Polish meetings but if it keeps some people happy, sad *******, then so be it!

• Like 1

Could they not reverse the fixture ?

think the issues below may stop that

5 riders

Covatti,

Porsing,

Grondal,

Busk Jakobsen,

King

all have their polish league clubs riding on Mon. Wonder if this is the real reason Peterborough is off?

But of course they were available after today's news...

It would most probably be postponed looking at the weather forecast for the Easter break.

Hopefully it will all get sorted ready for our next home meeting...

5 riders

Covatti,

Porsing,

Grondal,

Busk Jakobsen,

King

all have their polish league clubs riding on Mon. Wonder if this is the real reason Peterborough is off?

But of course they were available after today's news...

Got to love a conspiracy ! I was called by Lisa to say Ged was meeting the Showground management at 11am this morning. Heard soon after that the Monday home meeting was off due to Health & Safety. I called Nicklas, who was leaving Denmark tomorrow to drive back to UK for the first three Panthers meetings. On hearing Monday was off, we contacted Stal Rzeszow to inform them he was now free for their home meeting on Monday against Lodz. He will now drive back to UK next week in time for the away meeting at Sheffield. So no conspiracy, that he or other riders would prefer to ride for their Polish clubs rather than be at Peterborough. Peterborough meeting was postponed and he wants to ride, so possible to go to Poland instead. Thank you David Wootton

• Like 5

That the wiring is old and in need of replacing ?????

And it's going to cost six figures to do it

Weather looks terrible for Monday, doubt this would of gone ahead anyway.

If the weather is that bad I certainly wouldn't want to be mucking around with electrics

I would hope they are trained professionals Baldy.

I cant see it being like Doc Brown with his connection to the clocktower in Back to the Future!!