Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

If the meeting is on, can tickets be bought on the day? Or is there a provision for a cash turnstile?

You can go to the ticket office on the day and buy your ticket. You can pay on card also. But I would bring cash with you just in case

• Like 1

Am I the only one interpreting CVS remarks in the express and star as suggesting that Wolves may refuse to ride on Friday if Belle Vue can get the track sorted?

"We won't be going on Friday" is the comment in the report.

Has he said on what basis "we wont be going"

Was Colin Meredith happy with the track last Saturday?

• Like 2

Good point

Exactly what I was thinking!

More appropriately it should have been friday or thursday.

Surely any meeting scheduled is 'on' right up till 'tapes up time' unless called off previously?

If the weather was poor leading up to an event, and a track was unfit, as a fan you would expect the club to try everything within their power to get the match on with track work taking place right up to start time (seen it loads of times)..

Therefore as the track is unfit at BV, the management team are doing everything they can to correct it and get it fit for racing...

Just the same as any other track would....

(Subject I presume to permission from Cradley, Edinburgh and Wolves being granted)....

the difference is that no other club had a high profile postponement only 4 days ago.

3 clubs making similar statements can't be wrong either.

Unless of course you play the Poole line that some take that it's just 'anti Aces'.

Given as I class Belle Vue my 2nd favourite team that would be silly of course. :t:

You do talk a load of tosh ! everybody knows any meeting can be called off right upto starting time and Wolves are no exception...get real.

Nobody has had a high profile call off 4 days ago , like you say get real.

Assurances should be given by the hosting club AND the BSPA that we won't have the same fiasco as Saturday.

Am I the only one interpreting CVS remarks in the express and star as suggesting that Wolves may refuse to ride on Friday if Belle Vue can get the track sorted?

"We won't be going on Friday" is the comment in the report.

Has he said on what basis "we wont be going"

They've now changed the story to say it MAY be one. But the comment was "We won't be going on Friday, but they are still coming to us on Tuesday".

You can go to the ticket office on the day and buy your ticket. You can pay on card also. But I would bring cash with you just in case

But no refund of it goes ** up

If the meeting is on, can tickets be bought on the day? Or is there a provision for a cash turnstile?

But no refund of it goes ** up

I would offer to pay at the end of the meeting providing it got to heat 15. :wink:

• Like 1

Are the Aces management really saying that a practise session will take place on Thursday and if OK will still run the match on Friday??

I mean, do they really think it's fair to other team and fans to expect such leniency with matches running to suit? ??

By all means have a rigorous testing on Thursday. It most certainly needs it.

But why should Wolves and their fans be expected to wait on this being successful.

No lessons appear to have been learned.

There is no way the Aces should be allowed to run a day before a match is due to take place. You are either ready or you ain't.

Wolves have every right to expect news within a suitable time frame. 48 hrs before? A push. 24 hrs a possibility ?? No way.

I can't wait to visit the new place but have no intention of having my bank holiday ruined by incompetencies in Manchester.

What are you going on about? This isn't a new meeting suddenly being arranged for Friday, it has always been is the fixtures.

It has never been called off so until it is, it is still on like every other meeting is.

If the practise doesn't go well tomorrow and it is called off, 24 hours notice is plenty of notice for Wolves fans, more notice then most fans get for rain offs!

Exactly what I was thinking!

I DON'T think anybody was totally happy with it but, presumably, didn't fully appreciate how bad the problem on the third and fourth corners would evolve.

As I understand it, the base of the track on the third and fourth corners was the problem which were the last to be completed because heavy machinery was still required access to the back straight until quite recently. There is a suggestion, as yet unconfirmed and unanswered by the contractors, that different materials were used for the base of that part of the track and, as we now know, were flawed.

Worked carried out since early Monday has, I'm told, resolved the problem with the base which is now as good as the rest of the track. This has allowed Meredith to lay the surface to the required standard and, by all accounts, he is confident it is as good as the other 90 per cent of the racing surface.

Of course, we won't know for sure until it has undergone some rigorous testing by speedway bikes which unearth flaws which might otherwise remain hidden. And this is supposed to take place tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we told that Meredith was only allowed to advise, not "lay the surface"?

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we told that Meredith was only allowed to advise, not "lay the surface"?

I think you are correct but wasn't that just until the project was handed over by the contractors, perhaps this has now taken place, or maybe special dispensation has been granted, which would seem sensible in light of the last week's problems.

Roll on Friday and a decent meeting...

• Like 1