British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

If you speak to Wolves then the Spoons will know about it. If you speak to the Spoons then Wolves will know about it. We all know where CVS's loyalties lie :P

It's quite simple, if the 3 promotions were wrong the BV promotion will be suing them as they could have cost them a fortune had the rain not intervened. At the very least they'll be asking the BSPA for an investigation.

You can mislead fans by knowing that match won't be on and then leave it till Monday 6pm to tell us!

Same the way the track wasn't ready on Friday but 6000 fans turned up on Saturday! Hmmm

And tell me anywhere where cradley promotion told us the fixture was not on! It was one man on Facebook who announced it!

As I said before he could have misheard or made it up! The announcement the match was off was by a fan not by the promotion of cradley!

It's quite simple, if the 3 promotions were wrong the BV promotion will be suing them as they could have cost them a fortune had the rain not intervened. At the very least they'll be asking the BSPA for an investigation.

One man and Facebook! There investigation over! Sort the track out and give people their money back!

One man and Facebook! There investigation over! Sort the track out and give people their money back!

It wasn't one man and facebook.

CVS stated the meeting was off prior to the Belle Vue statement as did the official Edinburgh website.

• Like 2

The fact is they should'nt have said it was until BV said it was off. No defence for them at all

The fact is they should'nt have said it was until BV said it was off. No defence for them at all

Correct, nor is it right to say a meeting may or may not be on!

Belle Vue supplied the clarity on Monday by explaining the cause of the problem and that an inspection would take place on Wednesday. Far more risable is to think this was some sort of charade which they followed through on Wednesday having already decided to cancel and presumably told at least one other club.

As I said before, why would anyone do that. If the decision to cancel was made previously then far easier to announce it. Nobody would have been surprised and brownie points would be gained for an early decision.

We know this rumour was started by a fan on Twitter on Monday, far more believable that Wolves and Edinburgh were taken in by it and didn't bother to check.

Belle Vue supplied the clarity on Monday by explaining the cause of the problem and that an inspection would take place on Wednesday. Far more risable is to think this was some sort of charade which they followed through on Wednesday having already decided to cancel and presumably told at least one other club.

As I said before, why would anyone do that. If the decision to cancel was made previously then far easier to announce it. Nobody would have been surprised and brownie points would be gained for an early decision.

We know this rumour was started by a fan on Twitter on Monday, far more believable that Wolves and Edinburgh were taken in by it and didn't bother to check.

Why would anyone believe Belle Vue after sat as well being convicted cheats aas well as liars ...hardly people to trust are they .

• Like 1

Yes, I can see CVS talking on the record to the Express & Star, basing his comments on a post by an unnamed fan on Twitter...

To address your point, and speaking hypothetically, an organisation that cancels an event with the stadium full surely risks opprobrium rather than plaudits by then acting early in knocking the second show on the head -- by inference it is conceding that the problems are far greater than it has yet acknowledged.

We can talk round and round the issue ad infinitum. The outcome, however, remains the same: Wolves and Edinburgh said the match was off. It's off. Belle Vue, for good or ill a club which right now shouldn't be trying to find itself connected with ill feeling, has somehow managed it.

• Like 4

In reply to Orion.

Maybe because they held their hands up and admitted it when they did wrong, more than can be said of some promotions. That, coupled with the fact that anyone looking objectively at what has happened this week can see that it is far more logical to believe that what Belle Vue have done was not a pointless charade that had no benefit to the club.

However, I accept that those with an agenda and those who have shown they are over a long period that they are anti Belle Vue will grasp whatever straws they can to try to harm the club.

Edited by Aces51

In reply to Orion.

Maybe because they held their hands up and admitted it when they did wrong, more than can be said of some promotions. That, coupled with the fact that anyone looking objectively at what has happened this week can see that it is far more logical to believe that what Belle Vue have done was not a pointless charade that had no benefit to the club.

However, I accept that those with an agenda and those who have shown they are over a long period that they are anti Belle Vue will grasp whatever straws they can to try to harm the club.

And you have not got an agenda ,,no matter what you stick up for them because they are your mates ....your grasping at thin air let alone straws .

• Like 2

Good start for Kyle with 10 for Sheffield tonight.

And you have not got an agenda ,,no matter what you stick up for them because they are your mates ....your grasping at thin air let alone straws .

I may be a Belle Vue supporter but at least I can be objective. You may recall that at the time of the hosepipe affair I condemned their actions and said they deserved what they got

Yes, I can see CVS talking on the record to the Express & Star, basing his comments on a post by an unnamed fan on Twitter...

To address your point, and speaking hypothetically, an organisation that cancels an event with the stadium full surely risks opprobrium rather than plaudits by then acting early in knocking the second show on the head -- by inference it is conceding that the problems are far greater than it has yet acknowledged.

We can talk round and round the issue ad infinitum. The outcome, however, remains the same: Wolves and Edinburgh said the match was off. It's off. Belle Vue, for good or ill a club which right now shouldn't be trying to find itself connected with ill feeling, has somehow managed it.

For what it's worth I don't think CVS did think the information had come from a fan on Twitter, I give him more credit than that. I think it more likely he thought it had come from a credible source, maybe at the Cradley forum as reported on here.

Your theory that Belle Vue's supposed charade was to avoid fans thinking the problem was more serious than first thought doesn't hold up. The reality is that many on here were expecting tomorrow's match to be cancelled,so had already decided it wasn't a problem with a quick fix. A cancellation announced on Monday would have matched their expectations.

Also, consider that from reading David Gordon's press release it seems that legal proceedings were a possibility, no doubt relating to whoever was responsible for the problems on Saturday and any future losses from cancelled meetings. It would in those circumstances harm his case to say or do anything which wasn't true or which showed that he hasn't done everything he could to minimise any losses, ie by doing everything possible to get Fridays match on. Anything which indicates that Belle Vue said the match was cancelled before the inspections and eventual decision to cancel on Wednesday can only be harmful if proceedings are necessary and makes it even more improbable that Belle Vue were consulted or had anything to do with the statements by Wolverhampton and Edinburgh.