Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Somerset Vs Rye House 25/03/16 League Cup

Shootout now between two sides unless plymouth (hopefully) find new successors. I think all sides have been put on 3 points so Rye keep the points from the Plymouth match.

Allen may miss for Rebels with swelling and pain.

Rye i believe are full strength.

Grajczonek, Allen(R/R), Wright, Starke, Tungate, Wilson Dean, Wajtknecht

Kennett, Nielsen, Heeps, Lanham, Robson, Karger, Morley

Edited by Brummie Rebel

May as well delete this thread now. 😦

Rye House now at Somerset on Friday

Big thanks to my local team Rye House for ensuring a Good Friday fixture for the Rebels. Would have been a massive loss on a holiday for us had there been no fixture. I was reading there was a bit of argy bargy over the original fixture with the Devils which ultimately ended with Somerset changing a challenge to a lc fixture. Bit annoying tbh if they already new there would be a no show, thus potentially snookering us on a holiday weekend. Thanks again to Rye( and also P/biro) who have helped out.

I will say I'm sorry to see the closure of another Sw venue, hopefully a saviour can be found.

• Like 1

Tough opener for the Rebs I think, the lads from Herts have struggled in recent times at the OTA but with Kennett and Robbo ( a good friend of the Rebels )going well at the moment could be close. Another ex Rebel in Leigh Lanham who goes well at our place in the side, as well.

On hols myself so will miss this one and the one on Monday, hope they are both good scraps and cheer Speedway up a bit after a dreadful week.

I think this should be a safe home win. Kennett, Lanham & Robson should all fare well but i can't see much assistance and think the Rebels reserves will run riot on their home track.

I hope for a full 15 heats and a safe night of entertainment for all but Rebels to hit 50+

Better hope Karger and Kasper turn up or Ben Morley's going to be a busy boy.

Not expecting anything from this meeting in terms of points.

Better hope Karger and Kasper turn up or Ben Morley's going to be a busy boy.

Not expecting anything from this meeting in terms of points.

For his progress i hope Ben does get extra rides as its the bigger away tracks that he needs to conquer if his career is to kick on.

If Somerset isn't to Karger's liking you may have a problem.

For his progress i hope Ben does get extra rides as its the bigger away tracks that he needs to conquer if his career is to kick on.

If Somerset isn't to Karger's liking you may have a problem.

Hopefully Karger's debut was just a one off, because if we've signed a duff then there's going to be a whole lot of pressure on Ben to carry his shortfall points wise, as well as anyone in the 1-5 who's having an off night.

Hopefully Karger's debut was just a one off, because if we've signed a duff then there's going to be a whole lot of pressure on Ben to carry his shortfall points wise, as well as anyone in the 1-5 who's having an off night.

Can only see Kennett & Lanham troubling the Rebels. Don't see many significant contributions from Robbo & Heeps over the last couple of years. I think we'll do well to reach 35 points

Edited by Shads

Can only see Kennett & Lanham troubling the Rebels. Don't see many significant contributions from Robbo & Heeps over the last couple of years. I think we'll do well to reach 35 points

You going Shads? I think it will be close maybe only 5 or 6 in it. If Josh, Charles and Paul are on the money , we should be ok. Prob r/r for us for poor old Jake, reserves and Starke I think. I shall be following on the updates.

You going Shads? I think it will be close maybe only 5 or 6 in it. If Josh, Charles and Paul are on the money , we should be ok. Prob r/r for us for poor old Jake, reserves and Starke I think. I shall be following on the updates.

Was thinking about it, but my head ruled my heart.