British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Plymouth Remain Open!

Very sad news this. And im sure there will be others looking over there shoulder..

terrible news for plymouth speedway and all other fans of the sport .

So sad I feel for all the devils fans, I know what your going through as a Brummies fan.

I hope you find someone to take it on.

This is simply awful.

Any speedway track closing is a disaster, but Plymouth have some fantastic fans and a superb track.

I have a lot of time for Ashley Taylor, but you have to question why they chose to say they were going to compete this season with such financial difficulties.

I really hope that they can be resurrected at some stage, perhaps in the NL.

• Like 2

This is simply awful.

Any speedway track closing is a disaster, but Plymouth have some fantastic fans and a superb track.

I have a lot of time for Ashley Taylor, but you have to question why they chose to say they were going to compete this season with such financial difficulties.

I really hope that they can be resurrected at some stage, perhaps in the NL.

I wouldn't go as far as a superb track, but the place has a lot of potential and is not a bad little set up but needs a lot of money spent on it. but in this financial climate its very hard for a lot of clubs to break even, nevermind make a profit.

Edited by Starman2006

Awful news! Did Devils fans know this was imminent and that they had to turn up last week?

I wonder if they'll be back in the NL next season.

Fingers crossed for all Devils supporters and riders that it can be saved at the last minute...

Sad times:(

Awful news! Did Devils fans know this was imminent and that they had to turn up last week?

I wonder if they'll be back in the NL next season.

Not even the riders knew, so would have thought it was unlikely.

Rotten news for everyone involved. :(

What an absolutely dreadful week for British Speedway

• Like 8

Horrendous times. Now is not the time for any finger pointing etc but it does make you question who does the budgets?

I mean if you are only getting 450 people a week then don't pay wages based upon 700-800 attendee's.

Either way i hope all the riders get fixed up soon and hope they can recoup some of the expense they will have undoubtedly laid out.

Perhaps this opens the door for an Exeter revival?

awful news for riders and fans alike , I know how we felt at Glasgow a couple of years back... hopefully the riders can get fixed up somewhere.. I was hoping to make my first visit to plymouth this year, feel bad for their fans

Sorry to hear this and I have asked for friday matches thread to be taken down out of respect. You are more than welcome at the Rebels.

• Like 1