British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow V Coventry (challenge) 27th March 2016

See in SS that admission price on the day for PL matches is £17.50 good luck to them.

they had a good product and now they have ruined it . cant see people paying that sort of money out, especially the away fans . all down hill for glasgow now .

the bottom of the bottomless pit has been found . good product but severely overpriced I.M.O.

when the crowds disappear, they will never return. poor decision from the facus .

Admission prices have been at about £15 or thereby for about 10 years or more. Wages have doubled in that time so to be still only in the teens at £17.50 is hardly any change at all in the last 10 years. Admission prices in speedway are way behind inflation, wages, and prices generally over the last 10 years.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 1

Admission prices have been at about £15 or thereby for about 10 years or more. Wages have doubled in that time so to be still only in the teens at £17.50 is hardly any change at all in the last 10 years. Admission prices in speedway are way behind inflation, wages, and prices generally over the last 10 years.

thats what's wrong, riders wages have doubled crowds have declined and clubs are in trouble.They have upgraded their Stadium and spent a lot of money but it will be interesting to see how crowds hold up especially away support which is very sparse these days.
  • Like 1

Always worked well against the weegies.

Too well.

Is Barker still on £1300 a meeting?

More than likely Panthers wouldn't match it anything like Glasgow offered him but then again Peterborough's admission price is only £15

True but since 2008 the general population has experienced an precedented drop in living standards where wage inflation has been non existent. The only growth seems to be in zero hours contracts and semi skilled jobs being driven to minimum wage by a never ending stream of very cheap labour from eastern Europe.

Pricing is a difficult issue, Glasgow look to have priced themselves between the Rocks basketball and Braehead Clan. The proof is in the pudding, we may attract fans particularly families who attend the hockey during winter but alienate a minority of long term speedway fans who cant afford to attend every meeting especially in a 5 week month.

I think we should be calling this one now rather than try to get it on for the sake of it.

• Like 3

Unless Glasgow has its own mini economy that's wrong. Wage inflation in the last ten years has been almost zero. So any ride at all in speedway prices the last ten years has been ahead of wage inflation.

thats what's wrong, riders wages have doubled crowds have declined and clubs are in trouble.They have upgraded their Stadium and spent a lot of money but it will be interesting to see how crowds hold up especially away support which is very sparse these days.

What a load of drivel you talk! You know fine well that I was referring to average income of the public at large. In real terms speedway prices - as a percentage of income - has actually fallen over the last 10 years, that's a fact, you may choose to disagree cos you always seem to have a go at Glasgow and you are clearly anti-Glasgow. Time to take that huge chip off your shoulder and get a life mate.

Unless Glasgow has its own mini economy that's wrong. Wage inflation in the last ten years has been almost zero. So any ride at all in speedway prices the last ten years has been ahead of wage inflation.

That's just plain wrong. Prices have generally doubled and I deal with company costs, they have definitely doubled. Average wages have also virtually doubled. Speedway admission prices have fallen in real terms. You may choose to disagree as the resident know-it-all as you always claim to be on anything and everything.

True but since 2008 the general population has experienced an precedented drop in living standards where wage inflation has been non existent. The only growth seems to be in zero hours contracts and semi skilled jobs being driven to minimum wage by a never ending stream of very cheap labour from eastern Europe.

Pricing is a difficult issue, Glasgow look to have priced themselves between the Rocks basketball and Braehead Clan. The proof is in the pudding, we may attract fans particularly families who attend the hockey during winter but alienate a minority of long term speedway fans who cant afford to attend every meeting especially in a 5 week month.

I think we should be calling this one now rather than try to get it on for the sake of it.

"True" - thanks mate.

But its a myth that wages have fallen. Average wages have actually substantially risen, if you mean so have costs (accommodation, electricity, food, etc) then yes that's right, so no reason why speedway should be any different. Check out car prices over the last 10 years for example, they have virtually doubled. Same for a lot of stuff, and wages are definitely virtually double what they were 10 years ago while speedway admission prices have remained flat so in real terms they have fallen as a percentage of wages of the paying public, for Mr Average that is (no pun intended).

• Like 1

What a load of drivel you talk! You know fine well that I was referring to average income of the public at large. In real terms speedway prices - as a percentage of income - has actually fallen over the last 10 years, that's a fact, you may choose to disagree cos you always seem to have a go at Glasgow and you are clearly anti-Glasgow. Time to take that huge chip off your shoulder and get a life mate.

That's just plain wrong. Prices have generally doubled and I deal with company costs, they have definitely doubled. Average wages have also virtually doubled. Speedway admission prices have fallen in real terms. You may choose to disagree as the resident know-it-all as you always claim to be on anything and everything.

I have never put Fromafar down as anti-Glasgow in fact he tends to be complimentary off Glasgow the majority off the time and has been very complimentary off the work our new owners have carried out.

• Like 1

can't forget the rocket fuel as well.

or the natural talent of the guy. now thats a nailed on winning combination .

"True" - thanks mate.

But its a myth that wages have fallen. Average wages have actually substantially risen, if you mean so have costs (accommodation, electricity, food, etc) then yes that's right, so no reason why speedway should be any different. Check out car prices over the last 10 years for example, they have virtually doubled. Same for a lot of stuff, and wages are definitely virtually double what they were 10 years ago while speedway admission prices have remained flat so in real terms they have fallen as a percentage of wages of the paying public, for Mr Average that is (no pun intended).

I am certainly not Anti- Glasgow was just pointing out a fact ,going by your reply you have just joined me in talking drivel if that is you opinion of the situation regarding admission pricing and average wages doubling
  • Like 1

they had a good product and now they have ruined it . cant see people paying that sort of money out, especially the away fans . all down hill for glasgow now .

the bottom of the bottomless pit has been found . good product but severely overpriced I.M.O.

when the crowds disappear, they will never return. poor decision from the facus .

A bit like football only this is catch of the day, but that's ok if tigers supporters are prepared to pay £17.50 good luck to them if they feel it's the right way to go then it's there choice but the product has got to be good , wouldn't want them to be in the same plight as Plymouth come the start of next season . For the 2016 season 8 premier league clubs are charging £15 3 are charging £16 and then Glasgow are charging £17.50. It really doesn't matter what other fans think about it, If Tigers fans are happy with it all well and good

You say doubled the ONS says increased about 1.3% a year for the last 10 years. That's 13% and is a historical 10 year low.

Still you clearly know better than the ONS.

As for the "know all" - I don't know all I just commen on things I know. I assume from that you're admitted you comment on things you don't know?! Maybe like wage inflation and.....

Check out car prices over the last 10 years for example, they have virtually doubled.

REALLY?! I have the recipt for my car when new in 2005 that says it cost £52,000 and the price today is £72,000. That's not a 100% increase.

A Ford Focus in 2007 cost 12k and today costs 14k. And actually, with finance it costs less these days due to interest rates dropping. Certainly nowhere near 100% increase.

So a prestige sports car and a run of the mill family car both disprove your doubling of price. Feel free to find an example that shows your 100% increase in price. Same with wages.

Edited by SCB

£17.50?

To watch the Glasgow Tigers I would ...

Walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more,

Just to see the Tigers pump the Smugs

Right up their ba ba ba ba backdoor!

Tara, rumda, tara rumda,

Tara rumda, Tara rumda

Tara rum dara, dara, dara,

OK that's me banned for a month now.

Well it is Zaturday night and I'm p!555ed.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 6

I wonder what percentage of bsf members are pi55ed at the minute.then again I wonder how many in the country are pi55ed right now

We really haven't come that far from the gin drinking culture of hundreds of years ago