Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow V Coventry (challenge) 27th March 2016

Thanks for the appreciation mate.

A coupe of hours each Sunday goes into taking, editing, uploading ... so appreciation is much needed encouragement!

Fine photos! Could I try doing the same, or do you need permission from the club or BSPA these days?

Fine photos! Could I try doing the same, or do you need permission from the club or BSPA these days?

you know the answer :nono: anyway thought you wer busy on a sunday afternoon and were more comfortable with a mike than camera?

It's not really a proper Coventry team though is it. Plus it's a challenge match so means nothing in effect.

Mr Blobby, just heard Belle Vue are objecting as it turns out you are not fielding a Proper Edinburgh team on Friday night.

Poor show Blobby

Mr Blobby, just heard Belle Vue are objecting as it turns out you are not fielding a Proper Edinburgh team on Friday night.

Poor show Blobby

It's fine, plenty of league winners on show though. Just the 7 actually.

Thoroughly enjoyed it , though we deserved to nick it . Grand Monarch lets Serjeant start a race after being beaten by the 2 mins , but excludes both Tigers when it looked to me that the red light came on just as Barker hit the deck . But thankfully it was only a challenge so the result doesn't really matter .

But lots of positives to be taken from the meeting . Danny Ayres was positively buzzing in the bar after the meeting , here we have a guy who looks really happy to be given this chance at PL level , he deserves every success .

• Like 2

It's fine, plenty of league winners on show though. Just the 7 actually.

Of course, thats more important than anything else.

That'll keep the majority of the home support happy then ... glory hunters.

Never mind if you bought your meeting ticket early, for the promotion to tell you today Masters and Clegg are on Elite League duty elsewhere.

The Embra PR team must be working overtime on the "How can we blame someone else i.e. Glasgow" angle.

• Like 1

Of course, thats more important than anything else.

That'll keep the majority of the home support happy then ... glory hunters.

Never mind if you bought your meeting ticket early, for the promotion to tell you today Masters and Clegg are on Elite League duty elsewhere.

The Embra PR team must be working overtime on the "How can we blame someone else i.e. Glasgow" angle.

In the interests of British speedway.

• Like 2

Let's hope our friends in Edinburgh can bring a full team on Sunday, at least enough to make a meeting of it.

• Like 1

Let's hope our friends in Edinburgh can bring a full team on Sunday, at least enough to make a meeting of it.

I like this except the friends bit.

Thanks for the compliment!

I'd check with the club first.

You say doubled the ONS says increased about 1.3% a year for the last 10 years. That's 13% and is a historical 10 year low.

Still you clearly know better than the ONS.

As for the "know all" - I don't know all I just commen on things I know. I assume from that you're admitted you comment on things you don't know?! Maybe like wage inflation and.....

REALLY?! I have the recipt for my car when new in 2005 that says it cost £52,000 and the price today is £72,000. That's not a 100% increase.

A Ford Focus in 2007 cost 12k and today costs 14k. And actually, with finance it costs less these days due to interest rates dropping. Certainly nowhere near 100% increase.

So a prestige sports car and a run of the mill family car both disprove your doubling of price. Feel free to find an example that shows your 100% increase in price. Same with wages.

Hang on a minute. You say you've bought a car 10 years ago for £52,000 - and your arguing about admission to a speedway match being £17.50 !!!

And you say your car purchase price has increased by £20,000 - but you're arguing about a rise in admission to a speedway match of about two quid !!!

You're right about not being exactly double, but the rise in prices of wages and all sorts (not Bassetts) has definitely substantially increased, while speedway admission prices seem to have been mid-teens for ever and pretty flat. In the 21st century, in the year 2016, £17.50 to see a speedway match aint a lot.

To be fair I should mention that you usually seem very well informed and there's many a time I've seen your posts clarify something and very informative - don't want to be overly complimentary y'know but credit where credit's due. I guess I didn't make cleat that I was joking and tongue in cheek about the know it all thing - I'm probably just jealous, so apologies.

Wages and costs - sadly I do deal with those, and yes I've seen them substantially increase over the last 10 years, wages in the industry I work in have definitely (virtually) doubled.... ok substantially increased.... ok they increased quiet a bit.

Cheers and have a great 2016 season, its all ahead of us so loads to look forward to, thrills and hopefully not too many spills.

I am certainly not Anti- Glasgow was just pointing out a fact ,going by your reply you have just joined me in talking drivel if that is you opinion of the situation regarding admission pricing and average wages doubling

Think I was a bit hastie there, sorry mate.

Incidentally, on the other thing the wife says I do talk drivel so you have at least one backer there.

Prices and cost and all that - I guess it depends on each person and what they are happy with.

Have a great 2016 season, its all to look forward to.

Cheers

I would guess Kevin Wolbert, Sam Masters, Ryan Fisher, Craig Cook, Derek Sneddon, The Pope, for starters. :P

Classic!! :t:

To be honest I didn't want to make another post, but this was just too good not to acknowledge.

This cheered me up. Thanks Mr Cyclone (or CSI ??)