British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Lakeside V King's Lynn

Nilsson was very impressive. Chased and PASSED NKI.

Only one performance at home so without wanting to get carried away, looked a number 1 in the making.

AJ will have better meetings whilst the two Lewis' will continue to improve so looking good for the Hammers!

• Like 1

Lakeside built for home fortress so no surprise on the result.

Solid performance, Nilsson was superb but always is at the raceway. It was good to see Mear perform so well after a long time away. The track didn't suit AJ or Bridger with nothing on the outside, that's the only problem with the early meetings when the suns out. Kerr seemed a bit all over the place but will improve.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn nor as bad as some of their pessimistic fans are saying. The weak links were Robert Lambert and surprisingly Rory who usually goes so well at Lakeside.

The scoreline looks bad but, apart from the aforementioned heat leaders I some of the lesser lights were really prepared to get stuck in and have a go so I think the Stars have potential. In particular I was impressed by Lewis Rose who was pretty good from the gate and pretty fearless and overall rode well considering he is not particularly familiar with the track. Huckenback also did well considering had has never seen the place before. On the pace most of the time. Mads was probably the best I have seen him ride at Lakeside. Pity it unravelled for him a bit in heat 15 but he did well for a second string without much heatleader support.

Neils was pure class. No other way to describe it.

For Lakeside, good performances from Lawson and Nilsson, especially Kim coming from the back to beat the seemingly invincible Iverson, and Rob Mear seemed like he had never been away. He managed a couple of cut backs that were straight out of the Peter Karlsson text book . Swiderski didn't put a wheel wrong.

The two Lewis from Team Revolution were both trying a big to hard and getting into a tangle at times but once they settle down they will be fine

So comiserations to the Stars who were better than the scoreline, and a solid start for the Hammers.

Edited by E I Addio

I was impressed with Kim, Richard and Robert in particular. Lakeside fans always knew Piotr was way better than the silly sub 4 average he came in on. Given time I believe the two Lewis's will come good. For AJ, it was a bit of an off-day but we all know what he can do.

For Lynn, a couple of surprisingly poor performances and I thought Lambert should have been excluded way before he eventually was. I thought Kai did OK for his first visit to Arena. NKI looked class as always but seemed to have no answer when Kim passed him.

I didn't think Lewis Rose would have been eligible for Heat 15 but what do I know?

I didn't think reserves could ride in heat 15? I think a huge worry for King's Lynn will be what happens when NKI leaves & Troy is back

I didn't think Lewis Rose would have been eligible for Heat 15 but what do I know?

I didn't think reserves could ride in heat 15?

Can't see anything in the Regs that excludes Reserves from participating in Heat 15. Qualification is basically Top 3 Points Scorers or Top 3 by Match Average.

I didn't think reserves could ride in heat 15? I think a huge worry for King's Lynn will be what happens when NKI leaves & Troy is back

There's no restriction on reserves in heat 15. It's the team's top 3 by average and the 3 top scorers from programmed rides.

There's no restriction on reserves in heat 15. It's the team's top 3 by average and the 3 top scorers from programmed rides.

Thanks 👍🏻

Rory has been going well.If he and Lambo chipped in 6 or 7 each it would of been pretty tight.I think the team as it is now have a chance of making the play offs.But when Batch replaces Puk.It the difference between maybe top 4 and bottom 2.Long way to go yet and changes may come,who knows.

A reserve cannot take a t/r but is fine to take a heat 15 ride, providing he qualifies. In this instance, he was the 3rd highest point scorer.

Usual good quality meeting, especially given the weather conditions :approve: Two mates who haven't been to Arena Essex for a while commented on the standard and I'd maintain that those who criticise the track are simply living on a reputation it built up before the present promotion took over.

Very impressed with Nilsson. There won't be many who can pass NKI and hold on to win in the EL or, for that matter, anywhere else. Mear, too, rode very well for a rider 2 years out of the saddle.

Thought Lambert was unlucky to be excluded. As far as I could see, Swiderski locked up so hard he had nowhere to go.

• Like 1

Usual good quality meeting, especially given the weather conditions :approve: Two mates who haven't been to Arena Essex for a while commented on the standard and I'd maintain that those who criticise the track are simply living on a reputation it built up before the present promotion took over.

Very impressed with Nilsson. There won't be many who can pass NKI and hold on to win in the EL or, for that matter, anywhere else. Mear, too, rode very well for a rider 2 years out of the saddle.

Thought Lambert was unlucky to be excluded. As far as I could see, Swiderski locked up so hard he had nowhere to go.

I couldn't see the Lambert\Swiderski incident for dust but someone else has told me that Swiderski locked up, stupid ref!!

I couldn't see the Lambert\Swiderski incident for dust but someone else has told me that Swiderski locked up, stupid ref!!

Nor could I for the dust cloud!

Lambert was fortunate to be in that particular re-run as, in my opinion, he should have gone in the preceding attempt.

• Like 1

Nor could I for the dust cloud!

Lambert was fortunate to be in that particular re-run as, in my opinion, he should have gone in the preceding attempt.

I don't agree there I thought swidders left him no option twice in almost identical incidents but its all about opinions and everyone near me thought the same as you