British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

9 hours ago, steve roberts said:

York Races. In a couple of weeks the next round of events is due  to take place which ultimately ends up as a drunken orgy with crowds descending upon York on the pretext of being horse racing enthusiasts. As I sit on York Station before commenceing work at 9am some are already drinking as they get off the train!

If they were football fans they would be classed as yobs.

That sounds like the ideal week to go away on holiday Steve

30 minutes ago, jrs said:

That sounds like the ideal week to go away on holiday Steve

Yes I certainly shall be avoiding York during that week...perhaps some fishing somewhere!

The Royal family , their hangers on , and their ever increasing brood of multicultural little brats

Racists

Moronic snowflakes

racists, xenophobes, homophobes, islamophobes. snowflakes who get defensive when called out on their bigoted views. 

extremists of any denomination. 

• Like 1

Parents who drag their children around an attraction that clearly bores them and it quickly resembles a creche whereby said parents take no responsibility allowing them to annoy other members of the public...and when members of staff have the audacity to pass comment are rebuked by same parents.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Parents who drag their children around an attraction that clearly bores them and it quickly resembles a creche whereby said parents take no responsibility allowing them to annoy other members of the public...and when members of staff have the audacity to pass comment are rebuked by same parents.

Guilty of dragging my two round various Speedway tracks when they were little and even basing our holidays on areas where we could see at least one match during the week.:D Not guilty of them being a nuisance though as they would probably be playing with dirt and building something from stones.  I'm sure the old Scunthorpe stadium was built on a burial ground as they found some interesting bones there. :o

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, waiheke1 said:

racists, xenophobes, homophobes, islamophobes. snowflakes who get defensive when called out on their bigoted views. 

extremists of any denomination. 

seems like quite a bit of self loathing there . perhaps you should seek help

On 5/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, Star Lady said:

Intolerance

My generation .didn't tolerate anything . there was nothing to tolerate , we simply all rubbed along together and had all the same wants and gripes, regardless of any skin colour ,and religion what ever shade . intolerance is a label created by PC libtards , simply applied to any opinion they don't agree with , sadly they are ,to a man ,too thick to see that it is them creating intolernace and division .. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, adonis said:

My generation .didn't tolerate anything . there was nothing to tolerate , we simply all rubbed along together and had all the same wants and gripes, regardless of any skin colour ,and religion what ever shade . intolerance is a label created by PC libtards , simply applied to any opinion they don't agree with , sadly they are ,to a man ,too thick to see that it is them creating intolernace and division .. 

Can't disagree with that. 

5 hours ago, adonis said:

I grew up literally a stones throw from a speedway track ( West Ham) which was I centre of a busy housing area. Nobody ever complained about the noise. It was all part of the community . Everyone could see that fans coming from other areas were bringing money in and spending it it in the local shops and pub.  It was all part of the economy . The stadium provided jobs and my aunt was one who worked there. It always had been part of East End Culture. 

Then when Romford opened up, it took one bloke, one intolerant know- all, to get the place closed down. One person took away the pleasure of thousands. Since then I hear of all kinds of complaints about noise at speedway tracks even with silencers. The world has changed. The “human rights” of the few trump the pleasure of the many . Speedway is just one of many examples, of the way the world has changed. Those who complain of intolerance are often the most intolerant.

• Like 8

On 5/8/2019 at 7:03 AM, steve roberts said:

York Races. In a couple of weeks the next round of events is due  to take place which ultimately ends up as a drunken orgy with crowds descending upon York on the pretext of being horse racing enthusiasts. As I sit on York Station before commenceing work at 9am some are already drinking as they get off the train!

If they were football fans they would be classed as yobs.

The main reason i stopped going racing, especially on Saturdays.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I grew up literally a stones throw from a speedway track ( West Ham) which was I centre of a busy housing area. Nobody ever complained about the noise. It was all part of the community . Everyone could see that fans coming from other areas were bringing money in and spending it it in the local shops and pub.  It was all part of the economy . The stadium provided jobs and my aunt was one who worked there. It always had been part of East End Culture. 

Then when Romford opened up, it took one bloke, one intolerant know- all, to get the place closed down. One person took away the pleasure of thousands. Since then I hear of all kinds of complaints about noise at speedway tracks even with silencers. The world has changed. The “human rights” of the few trump the pleasure of the many . Speedway is just one of many examples, of the way the world has changed. Those who complain of intolerance are often the most intolerant.

Whose son apparently used to attend!