British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

Just now, Icicle said:

All 4-wheel divers....

Lol do you need 4 wheels to dive?:lol:

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

OH MY GOD, next year not one but two series of love island :sad:

Never watched it ever , never read anything about it , there's very rarely anything worth watching on ITV2 anyways , that's gonna give me two more reasons not watch 

• Like 1

Just now, DSC67 said:

Never watched it ever , never read anything about it , there's very rarely anything worth watching on ITV2 anyways , that's gonna give me two more reasons not watch 

I've never watched it either tbh, but my news feed keeps on about it.

Just now, Badge said:

Lol do you need 4 wheels to dive?:lol:

was just about to edit that to drivers!!!! (esp those with personal no., plates)

5 minutes ago, Icicle said:

was just about to edit that to drivers!!!! (esp those with personal no., plates)

Oh yes, personal number plates :rolleyes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Icicle said:

All 4-wheel divers....

Sometimes essential when you live out in the country. School run 4 wheel drive Mums a big yes.

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

Sometimes essential when you live out in the country. School run 4 wheel drive Mums a big yes.

Absolutely agree...we are over run by mums driving their 4x4's where I live parking them anywhere they please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Badge said:

OH MY GOD, next year not one but two series of love island :sad:

I was hoping it was going to be a cross between love island and the jump......all those nails and veneers chipping as they face plant the snow....now thats good viewing

10 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Absolutely agree...we are over run by mums driving their 4x4's where I live parking them anywhere they please.

Vast majority are not 4 wheel drive anyway and those that have got the ability are useless off road anyway due to the big alloys and low profile tyres. Bigger car means more blinking stuff that gets carried around in it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Vast majority are not 4 wheel drive anyway and those that have got the ability are useless off road anyway due to the big alloys and low profile tyres. Bigger car means more blinking stuff that gets carried around in it.

...and the inability to park the blinking things without taking up two car parking spaces or poor lane discipline around roundabouts and the 'bullish' attitude they adopt!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

My ex neighbour used to have one of those massive 4×4s, I asked her why she had one of them things living round here. She said it made her feel like a footballers wife. Lol . She's obviously divorced now living in a small house driving an old car about. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...and the inability to park the blinking things without taking up two car parking spaces or poor lane discipline around roundabouts and the 'bullish' attitude they adopt!

Oh, no , you’ve got me going now about those awful air heads who think that being a “Mum” means they can park anywhere they like, parking restrictions or not, including on the double yellow lines opposite the school, safe in the knowledge that the traffic wardens only come out this way once a year. They don’t think there’s anything wrong with parking across my drive in the mornings and don’t give a toss about the fact I need to get out in the mornings, while they stand yattering to all the other airheads at the school gates for twenty minutes.Twice they’ve knocked my front wall down because they can’t handle their clumsy vehicles, trying to turn round in the road. Then they just drive off without saying anything, apparently because being a “ Mum “ means you can damage other peoples property at will and no apology is required.

Why they need a BMW or Range Rover to bring there kids on a trip that could be walked in under 20 min, I have no idea , but surely it must dawn on them that a bit of exercise is not going to do the little brats any harm, and it will keep them healthy. 

• Like 6

Supermarket 'set-down' points.

An excuse for lazy people not to have to walk far while they do their shopping, not attracting quite the same amount of guilt as parking in a disabled/child spot.  

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, Rico said:

Supermarket 'set-down' points.

An excuse for lazy people not to have to walk far while they do their shopping, not attracting quite the same amount of guilt as parking in a disabled/child spot.  

Never fails to amaze (anger) me how many planks park in disabled and child spaces and just don’t give a s***. I see so many parents with teenagers use child spaces and on many occasions they leave ‘Kevin’ in the car while they shop :angry:

• Like 3

I’ll join the car ranters (except for personalised number plates , :blush: they were a gift for my 40th honest lol).

Driving school mums in general get me although 4x4 ‘drivers’ (I use the term loosely) in particular. I live beside a secondary school (I was here first!) and could sell tickets for their antics. I know I’ll have my drive blocked twice a day despite the yellow lines and dropped kerb but that’s not an issue to me as long as they let me in/out if I absolutely need to at that time of day.. it’s only 15 mins or so each time

Its the wacky races driving and attempted parking though. I’m on a main road (a Scottish village main road), it frequently gets blocked with their double parking, parents do u turns - sometimes at speed - without bothering to look and see if anything is coming. Twice I’ve seen someone do that in front of emergency vehicles on blues and twos. Don’t know how many bumps I’ve witnessed, not sure how many kids I’ve seen hit (mostly minor but one fatality and attempted hit and run. The run part failed as the road was blocked with parents picking up their little darlings). Every now and then you even get a wee fisticuffs which is normally Benny Hill-esque.What is it with teenagers now anyway that makes them dissolvable? One speck of rain and mummy has to run wee boyonce the 500yards to school. As for when we have ice and snow....now THATS worth watching! Amazing how many folk haven’t a clue how to use 4x4 properly or understand the importance of decent tyres! Final word for drivers in general though.......if you can’t park it, don’t drive it!

And breathe.....lol

Edited to add, I’ve also had school mums park IN my drive and when I’ve gone to tell them to go forth been asked where else could they park cos there was no space on the road! One who kept doing it was really unfortunate when I was doing work in the house and had dropped a small wooden spar with nails on it in my drive and not noticed. Oh dear, how sad, what a shame

• Like 3
  • Haha 2