British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Now stripped of their titles...good riddance to the pair of them but no doubt we will still be reading about them as they continue to court their non-publicity lifestyles.

The offspring should no longer be on the list for succession either....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The offspring should no longer be on the list for succession either....

Sadly they've still got the titles, it's just their patronages they've been stripped of. It's pretty obvious without their Duke, Duchess, Prince status, they wouldn't have been quite so appealing to the yanks.

Harry remains 6th in line to the throne - bloodlines do not change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Harry remains 6th in line to the throne - bloodlines do not change.

But he has rejected the institution of the Monarchy and as such no longer should have the rights atrached

I say rights where it could say privileges as Harry sees it all as a burden rather than privilege 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But he has rejected the institution of the Monarchy and as such no longer should have the rights atrached

I say rights where it could say privileges as Harry sees it all as a burden rather than privilege 

He hasn’t rejected the institution he just doesn’t want to be part of it.

I don’t think we can judge Harry as we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. He lost his mother when he was 12, his father seems incapable of showing affection in the way his mother did, he finished up with a stepmother that doesn’t seem to want much to do with him . His uncle Andrew is at best aloof, with a few skeletons in his cupboard. His Auntie Anne seems to quietly get on with her Royal Duties keeping a low profile and not having much to do with the rest of them and his other Uncle who has become so anonymous his name escapes me , and he has fallen out with his brother for reasons we don’t know. Easy to see why he feels a bit isolated. 

They are by any standards a bit of an odd family but Harry has done two tours of duty in Afghanistan and is well thought of by the Army charities he is linked to. 

The Royal family probably give the nation a bit more stability than the horrendous prospect of President Blair , but it’s difficult to see how long it will command the respect or support of the nation once the queen passes on 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

In which case he should relinquish his right to succession

57 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

In which case he should relinquish his right to succession

Fair enough, but as I understand it , it’s not in his power to do so, in fact I can’t think of a precedent for anybody doing it.  He is about sixth in line so the situation is unlikely to arise but I suppose if it did he could abdicate, as his predecessor the Duke of Windsor did , coincidently when he married a divorced American woman. 

• Like 1

Well...Mr Potato Head has had his chips. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:47 PM, E I Addio said:

Fair enough, but as I understand it , it’s not in his power to do so, in fact I can’t think of a precedent for anybody doing it.  He is about sixth in line so the situation is unlikely to arise but I suppose if it did he could abdicate, as his predecessor the Duke of Windsor did , coincidently when he married a divorced American woman. 

There is another route - perhaps we could insist on a paternity test ;):P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I fail to understand why Harry and Megain, plus Archie,  haven't flown over and quarantined yet. It's pretty obvious poor old Philip is ailing,  surely Harry would want to be near at this time wouldn't he:unsure:

• Like 2

Now they want to cancel Dr Seuss - 'The Cat in the Hat' ....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

To be fair the Cat in the Hat books mean bugger all to GB kids. Plus they're really rather sh@t books. Nothing to see here

On 2/20/2021 at 2:19 PM, E I Addio said:

I don’t think we can judge Harry as we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. He lost his mother when he was 12, his father seems incapable of showing affection in the way his mother did, he finished up with a stepmother that doesn’t seem to want much to do with him . His uncle Andrew is at best aloof, with a few skeletons in his cupboard. His Auntie Anne seems to quietly get on with her Royal Duties keeping a low profile and not having much to do with the rest of them and his other Uncle who has become so anonymous his name escapes me , and he has fallen out with his brother for reasons we don’t know. Easy to see why he feels a bit isolated. 

They are by any standards a bit of an odd family but Harry has done two tours of duty in Afghanistan and is well thought of by the Army charities he is linked to. 

The Royal family probably give the nation a bit more stability than the horrendous prospect of President Blair , but it’s difficult to see how long it will command the respect or support of the nation once the queen passes on 

one thing people shouldn't forget is that the Queen has to give permission for a government to be formed. At some time in the future we may find ourselves with a non Christian religious party with enough support to form a government. Only the Queen, as head of the country and the C of E could stop that. 

Don't throw out the devil you know

Tbh I can understand Blu's ire at the Cat in the Hat and Mr Potato Head. They are his level.......:D

Young Hewitt wants his cake etc but doesn't want to pay the bill.