British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

31 minutes ago, ch958 said:

one thing people shouldn't forget is that the Queen has to give permission for a government to be formed. At some time in the future we may find ourselves with a non Christian religious party with enough support to form a government. Only the Queen, as head of the country and the C of E could stop that. 

Don't throw out the devil you know

Good points. The Monarch whether one approves or not is a very integral part of our constitution and legal system.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Tbh I can understand Blu's ire at the Cat in the Hat and Mr Potato Head. They are his level.......:D

Here comes the book burner...

10 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Here comes the book burner...

Coming from someone who wanted a democratic election overturned because of a few dodgy twitter posts and now gets triggered because some book that is pretty irrelevant to the world at large stops being produced. Irony overdose ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Coming from someone who wanted a democratic election overturned because of a few dodgy twitter posts and now gets triggered because some book that is pretty irrelevant to the world at large stops being produced. Irony overdose ? :rolleyes:

It was stolen, and the whole world knows it, you are only kidding yourself and all the other left wing loons...

12 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It was stolen, and the whole world knows it, you are only kidding yourself and all the other left wing loons...

Say's the person who probably believes Mr Potato Head is a real person........well he might well be looking back at you in the mirror :D

• Haha 2

People who park their vehicles next to recycle containers instead of the parking bays .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blupanther said:

It was stolen

Proof?

22 hours ago, Blupanther said:

and the whole world knows it

Um, no it doesn't...

• Like 1

Banal music played in shops...why do shops think playing loud music adds to the experience? I was shopping in Boots on behalf of my mum and could hardly make myself heard over the din (especially having to wear a mask) and was finding it difficult trying to concentrate. No wonder people shop on line.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 5:35 PM, iris123 said:

Say's the person who probably believes Mr Potato Head is a real person........well he might well be looking back at you in the mirror :D

Watch your language please. Mr Potato Head is now officially gender neutral. Any more of this “”Mr “ lark and the PC brigade will be on your tail

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Banal music played in shops...why do shops think playing loud music adds to the experience? I was shopping in Boots on behalf of my mum and could hardly make myself heard over the din (especially having to wear a mask) and was finding it difficult trying to concentrate. No wonder people shop on line.

That's what they want man Steve and, you can listen to whatever you want. ;)

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That's what they want man Steve and, you can listen to whatever you want. ;)

Yep! Don't blame me when the High Street shops close...I can't be having music blasted at me when I'm wishing to do my shopping!

• Haha 1

Capitalism:

a constant cycle of boom and bust

disguised feudalism that gives the ordinary man an illusion of democracy

a pyramid of obscene wealth for the few down to millions who die of starvation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Well Steve, at my local MandS Food hall last week and whilst sanitizing in the lobby, the meeter and greeter was gently singing a selection of songs from Evita. Because i didn't see her lips move i assumed it was a recording, but when she said good morning the music stopped. It's amazing what goes on behind a face mask. It was a  very pleasant interlude just like those onTV in the 50s. Turned out she normally works in the West End, but has been working at Marks due to covid-19.  :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jrs said:

Well Steve, at my local MandS Food hall last week and whilst sanitizing in the lobby, the meeter and greeter was gently singing a selection of songs from Evita. Because i didn't see her lips move i assumed it was a recording, but when she said good morning the music stopped. It's amazing what goes on behind a face mask. It was a  very pleasant interlude just like those onTV in the 50s. Turned out she normally works in the West End, but has been working at Marks due to covid-19.  :)

That I could cope with...sounds good. What I can't cope with is damn music blaring out of the tannoy system and there's no escape. I'm a great movie fan and when some years ago I decided to replace my entire video collection with DVD's I grew tired visiting HMV and having to put up with loud music which was basically for the benefit of the  people who worked there. I therefore went online and via play.com bought most of what I wished and at a fraction of the price. My view on music is that it is often a very personal preference and I object to being subjected to banal music to which I can't even hear the lyrics...don't get me started on background music on TV documentaries especially of the Natural History variety!

6 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

That I could cope with...sounds good. What I can't cope with is damn music blaring out of the tannoy system and there's no escape. I'm a great movie fan and when some years ago I decided to replace my entire video collection with DVD's I grew tired visiting HMV and having to put up with loud music which was basically for the benefit of the  people who worked there. I therefore went online and via play.com bought most of what I wished and at a fraction of the price. My view on music is that it is often a very personal preference and I object to being subjected to banal music to which I can't even hear the lyrics...don't get me started on background music on TV documentaries especially of the Natural History variety!

I totally agree with you there.  Luckily where I live there are very few places that have any musac playing. At Sainsburys we get endless messages about masks etc, but the rest are generally peaceful .Talking with the lass it brought back memories of working in London in the sixties and seventies and getting to the theatre at least a couple of times a month if I could afford it. 

• Like 1