British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

On 6/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, steve roberts said:

Just having to re-apply for a Blue Badge for my elderly mother...every three years as if her condition is likely to improve!

Reminds me of an incident with my dad. He had a motorbike accident in 1971, which smashed his right leg. It was badly scarred and deformed, he had to use crutches, and had a disabled badge since.

A few years ago, we went to Blackpool Tower, and tried to get him in as disabled. They demanded to see his disabled badge - which of course, has to be kept in the car! So, she asked what was wrong with him, and we said he had a bad leg. She said, "So? It might be better tomorrow!"

I bent down, pulled his trouser leg up, showed them his leg, and said, "It's been like this for thirty years! Does that really f***ing look like it will be better tomorrow??? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Badge said:

For 3 days running my heating has come on in the morning,  and for the last 2 days it's been shorts and tee shirt weather. 

Stupid British weather :rolleyes:

Unfortunately our present weather patterns are being determined by what is happenning across the channel in France and beyond...the EU getting its own back again!

• Haha 1

Folk whinging about the weather.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Folk whinging about the weather.

...better than whinging about covid! ;)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...better than whinging about covid! ;)

or cake eateries. ;)

or traffic, bad drivers, England's football team, water-based gloss, queue jumping,,, whinging in general a suppose. 

Edited by ruffdiamond

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

or cake eateries. ;)

or traffic, bad drivers, England's football team, water-based gloss, queue jumping,,, whinging in general a suppose. 

...or conspiracy theories!

• Haha 1

Brilliant to see it rain tonight first time for about eight weeks and the birds are absolutely loving it. Hopefully the grass won't be quite so brown tomorrow.

• Like 1

News channels be they television or radio trying to carry out an interview with someone using piss poor internet connections and both medium having dumbed down the quality of live interview presentations so much that you would be better off using a good old land line if they had not all be dropped by the major broadcasters .

Secondly the dictatorship of Boris and his cohorts telling us what we can and cannot do as well as when and how but ignoring the rules themselves, be this travel, shopping, meetings or gatherings unless it is a benefit to the conservatives. They allow spectators in at Wembley but ban parents from a sports day, allow UEFA vips free access but expect holiday makers to through quarantine procedures.

Add to this the fact that we are probably the most monitored individuals on earth through CC tv cameras, mobile tracing technology including every time you use your card to make a payments etc and then all these smart speakers. One could almost get the feeling that those that govern us feel threatened.

Go back many years and the life we now live would have sat well with the Russians and other paranoid communist states/leaders. Freedom of speech and movement no longer exists and those in charge continue to eat away at our rights.

• Like 2

My sister is popping into GAME tomorrow as apparently they are hoping to have 'walk in' stock of the Playstation 5 , they have been as rare as hens teeth since before Christmas.

Our well known local smack dealer has had his launch day, when I walk past his house it does sound impressive paired with his KEF Meta speakers, always worth remembering crime doesnt pay.

Following an ar*e*ole in my car who had an 'L' plate on his/her car driving erratically continually with the breaks on and who eventually overtook a tractor at speed on a dangerous bend!

Bloody twonks that say.."Yeah No"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Getting rid of Uncle Ben on the rice and then finding Tesco’s selling ‘black farmers’ brand of sausages. Has the world gone completely mad. Should they also be selling white farmers sausages as well? 

• Like 2

Letter from BT, you are out of cotract for unlimited minutes/anytime and are paying £38.66 /month

Options available braodband package and unlimited minutes £44.86, or unlimited minutes anytime £15.67 ? Looks like a £23 saving , thinks "I will have some of that !"

took ages to get through, all the usual inane questions, do I want their Broadband ?NO! who is my mobile phone provider ? DO NO WANT YOUR MOBILE !

Told them I just want to sign up to the £15.67 deal, then he tells me it is not including the £23 line rental so the total will be £38.67/month wasted 20 minutes of my time to make no savings whatsoever, just a BT scam to sell you their Broadband and Mobile network

u

• Sad 1

How is it I can have face to face with the podiatrist , go to the dentist, go to the hospital for a routine procedure buf cannot get a face to face appointment with the GP

13 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

How is it I can have face to face with the podiatrist , go to the dentist, go to the hospital for a routine procedure buf cannot get a face to face appointment with the GP

This has been my biggest question about all of this during this pandemic :mad:, however I'm now gp less, as my surgery shut on June 30th and the practice I've applied to haven't responded yet, and it's nearly a month ago I applied :(