British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

Having to "bodge" bodge jobs...can't believe the standard of workmanship of the previous owner of the house that I've just moved to! I'm forever having to make the best of a bad job. It's got to the stage that I always expect a job that needs doing I'm going to encounter issues due to the cretin that lived here previously.

• Like 1

Popped in to the local petrol station to fill my little plastic container with unleaded fuel . £9.92!! . Don't know about running a car, I soon won't be able to run my mower.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

UK greens wants to ban street parking. "The UK Government’s target is for half of all journeys in towns and cities to be cycled or walked by 2030." Green hell is on the way...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/18/pavement-parking-should-scrapped-net-zero-drive-will-fail-charity/

I can't read that article because it's blocked unless I take out a subscription but the link clearly states 'pavement' not 'street'.

Imo, pavement parking is inconvenient at least for pedestrians, often downright dangerous for wheelchair users and people pushing prams and pushchairs and should be banned. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

UK greens wants to ban street parking. "The UK Government’s target is for half of all journeys in towns and cities to be cycled or walked by 2030." Green hell is on the way...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/18/pavement-parking-should-scrapped-net-zero-drive-will-fail-charity/

Have to make your mind up. Keep telling us the climate agenda has been cancelled and in the next breath that it is marching on double quick

Another case of not knowing what is going on , or having all bases covered

14 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I can't read that article because it's blocked unless I take out a subscription but the link clearly states 'pavement' not 'street'.

Imo, pavement parking is inconvenient at least for pedestrians, often downright dangerous for wheelchair users and people pushing prams and pushchairs and should be banned. 

A street consists of the pavement and the road, that's why i never said on-road parking. I don't disagree that pavement parking should be banned, but it's going to be a big headache for people who live in very narrow streets...

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

A street consists of the pavement and the road, that's why i never said on-road parking. I don't disagree that pavement parking should be banned, but it's going to be a big headache for people who live in very narrow streets...

Back and pedal right there

Nothing to see here, yet again :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Full State pension is £179.60 a week.

The House of Lords attendance allowance is £323 a day.

It's not hard to see where we are going wrong...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Full State pension is £179.60 a week.

The House of Lords attendance allowance is £323 a day.

It's not hard to see where we are going wrong...

As a senior citizen reliant on state pension I have to agree.

• Like 2

It's easy to understand why, now i have seen this pic...

Elites who commute by private jet, and lecture the rest of us on the need to reduce our climate footprints...

• Like 1

:lol:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

"A woman of colour"  complains that when at work she has to alter the way she speaks and dresses.  Would not have thought that this is something exclusive to" those of colour."

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

After Sandy Hook it was shown how to armour up schools, but no one could find the budget for this. However $40,000,000,000 for the war machine was printed out in a day. Solutions are there, but successive US Governments just don't care...