British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coldace

Cradley Vs Colts 28/03

What's the weather like in the Black Country? What are the chances of this going ahead?

It's on! It's loverly at the moment but expect it to be very very chilly!

Ommer Um Cradley!

It's on! It's loverly at the moment but expect it to be very very chilly!

Ommer Um Cradley!

First NL meeting, away from home at a track like Cradley and Daniel Bewdley top scores. I'm going to suggest he might be a little bit good :D

That young lad will go far...really was a pleasure to watch him ride! At just 16 and putting up against the big boys was brilliant!

He had an eventful 3rd ride where he nearly skittled everyone else on track after storming into the lead from the gate.

This is why I love this league, I'm watching future British champions and I do belive a possible world champion in Max Clegg but that's just my opinion!

• Like 2

Bewdley was a surprise package, a bit early to be talking about world beater, 3rd ride did show have much further he has to go, could ave finished everybodys season there & then. Do look forward to seeing him again.

There were several good features of this meeting. A well prepared track following poor weather. Very good use of home track knowledge by Max Clegg and Ashley Morris, which allowed them to make up a considerable amount of ground to pass opposition riders. Encouraging glimpses from home team debutants - not everyone is a world beater on their home debut, as Bruce Penhall (1 point from 4 rides) and Greg Hancock (0 points from 2 rides) will confirm. An excellent performance by Luke Chessell. Matt Williamson unlucky not to have scored more, but showing that he will do well this season. Rob Shuttleworth and Lee Payne both inconsistent but showing that they are capable of scoring well. Daniel Bewley ticked several boxes and showed great potential - inconsistent starts, some very good, others indifferent; forceful first bends; plenty of speed and some controlled manoeuvres, others less so, but this was his first outing on a tricky track; great resilience, carrying on after a heavy fall and top scoring for his team.on his debut. Good presentation and the meeting completed in good time on a cold night. Well done to all concerned.

• Like 4

Good presentation and the meeting completed in good time on a cold night. Well done to all concerned.

Agreed :approve:

Good racing, good presentation and finished in good time (pity about the absolutely unnecessary interval) is precisely what speedway fans want.

Agreed :approve:

Good racing, good presentation and finished in good time (pity about the absolutely unnecessary interval) is precisely what speedway fans want.

And spoiled as usual by an excessively loud PA system.The interval was needed to repair the fence.

First NL meeting, away from home at a track like Cradley and Daniel Bewdley top scores. I'm going to suggest he might be a little bit good :D

He looked very special to me, obviously a little raw and impatient, however I'm predicting big things from him, based on this one meeting.

Fact is, he had the beating of Max Clegg until he gifted him a pass in one heat, and had plenty of speed throughout.

Great to get back on track. Max and Ash did exactly what was expected of them and luke proved just how effective he can be at this level as long as he stays attached to the bike. I was very impressed by him. He can gate and he's quick. Carry on the good work Luke!

James did well after such a long lay off and Ben looked far better than i thought he would be. I'm sure both will improve as the season progresses.

Bradley and Jack both had troubled nights with the latter having a particularly nasty fall. Forget that one lads and look ahead to the next. Best of luck.

Undoubted star of the show was Daniel Bewley. He was brilliant and with more experience should make a lot of progress in the sport. Reminded me very much of a young Chris Morton.

A good night out and I echo the earlier comments about the well prepared track (after some lousy weather overnight). Well done to the track staff.

• Like 1

He looked very special to me, obviously a little raw and impatient, however I'm predicting big things from him, based on this one meeting.

Fact is, he had the beating of Max Clegg until he gifted him a pass in one heat, and had plenty of speed throughout.

I watched the heat vs Clegg on periscope and got mocked for saying if I had any criticism it was that 3rd bend. I only saw him on a small screen but was impressed immensely otherwise. Gated, passed when he had to, looked comfortable on a bike - in fact down the straights he reminded me of Alan Mogridge because of the way he just slumped and looked so relaxed.