British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
June01

Past Swedish Championship Results

I didn't have any luck posting this in the years gone by section so thought I'd try here. I'm looking for the following if anyone can help from a filled in programme or news report please?

1952 Swedish Final - Stig Pramberg and Einar Lindqvist's final scores.

1956 Swedish Final - Reserves Arne Carlsson and Olle Andersson (I) replaced who, and in which heats (3 rides between them)?

1959 Swedish Final - who did reserve Joel Jansson replace and in which heats (3 rides)?

1960 Swedish Final - who did reserve Leif Larsson replace and in which heat (1 ride)?

2003 Swedish Final riding order.

Would also like to know what colour underwear Tony Rickardssons mrs was wearing at the 2002 swedish final.

speedway.org/history has SOMEthing.

Think the best way is to start and learn Swedish and get connected with swedish riders of that period. It's amazing (in Finland anyway) how good records some people have kept of their doings... It's just that I cant give you any names...

Would also like to know what colour underwear Tony Rickardssons mrs was wearing at the 2002 swedish final.

Being sponsored by Swedish Match at the time they were snus/zhhit brown.

1960 (from completed programme)

Larsson rode in heat 1 replacing excluded (tapes or two mins I guess) Bernt Nilsson

• Like 1

1952 - Pramberg 11, Lindqvist 7.

1956 - Arne Carlsson scored 1 point, replacing Thorsten Karlsson in heat 12. He did in fact beat Olle Nygren in that race, resulting in Nygren missing out of a run-off for silver.

Olle Andersson I had an engine failure while replacing Rune Claesson in heat 14 and finished last in heat 18, again replacing Rune Claesson.

1959 - From what I can find, Joel Jansson had just two outings, scoring 1 and 0. Not sure about who he replaced.

1960 - Leif Larsson fell while replacing Bernt Nilsson.

2003 - Not sure, but the meeing was held according to a knockout formula with 21 riders taking part.

• Like 2

1952 - Pramberg 11, Lindqvist 7.

This is what I thought, but if you take those scores and work out the heat details it doesn't work. Heat 18 would have no rider in 1st place, and both E Lindqvist and Olsson in 2nd place, and heat 20 would have both Nygren and Pramberg sharing 1st place, which can't be right. It doesn't work out mathematically. Given that Olsson won the meeting and only dropped one point, which came in that heat 18, I'm assuming E Lindqvist won that heat, but that would make him finish on 8 points, not 7.

Similarly I think Nygren won heat 20, which would mean Pramberg only scored 2 in that heat, giving him a total of 10, not 11.

This is what I have for the last 3 heats. Everything else works out correctly apart from heats 18 and 20.

Ht 18..E Lindqvist, Olsson, G Andersson, Zanderholm

Ht 19..Lindarw, Jansson, Carlsson, Br Nilsson

Ht 20..Nygren, Pramberg, Bn Nilsson, Fundin

Thank you for the other results - that is really helpful. :)

18 Nygren, Lindqvist, G.Andersson, Zanderholm

19 Lindarw, Jansson, Carlsson, Bernt Nilsson

20 Pramberg, Olsson, Bengt Nilsson, Fundin

If you want, I can e-mail you the complete score chart.

• Like 1

18 Nygren, Lindqvist, G.Andersson, Zanderholm

19 Lindarw, Jansson, Carlsson, Bernt Nilsson

20 Pramberg, Olsson, Bengt Nilsson, Fundin

If you want, I can e-mail you the complete score chart.

put it on media fire/google drive/drop box instead in case other (not me) are interested as well.