British Speedway Forum

So Tai has announced on Twitter hecwont be taking part... Reasons to follow

May be he thinks he is to good for us now.

States he want to concentrate on winning a third world championship and doesn't want to burn himself out physically & mentally like in 2014. It's one meeting!! is that really going to make a difference, he could miss the qualifier as they could give him a wildcard to the final. It's like a few of the gp stars they don't give a toss about their national championship anymore.

I'm sure if he was polish the PZM would be ok with that. (not) event devalued i think so.

Let's find another reason to moan about Tai.

• Like 2

Let's find another reason to moan about Tai.

On this occasion quite justifiably. His excuse is flimsy - one meeting doesn't cause burn-out! Just because he's had unfair comments made about him in the past it doesn't make him immune from deserved criticism.

If he really wants to avoid burn-out he could take Sundays off ;-)

• Like 7

Rosco's excuse is even worse 😂😂😂

"Last year Tai had one bike & used fiancee's brother's bike as a second - there are logistics as he's not based here." @AJROSCO on TW.

It's hardly the other side of the world. He was only year a couple of weeks ago for Belle Vue opener. It's the same distance as when he comes for Cardiff or SWC.

Nicki Pedersen managed to come over for meetings recently. Logistics didn't stop him & he's not British or based here.

• Like 1

No sad loss maybe he's saving himself for the Aussie championships in the new year
  • Like 4

I don't dislike tai, I just think its a bit of a slap in the face to british fans who don't get to see him any more & maybe can't go to cardiff.It also gives somebody else a chance of being british champion? (That will be the champion the year tai didn't enter). I'm sure the winner will thank him for that.

Yet another dis-respectful act of the rider who is British when he wants to be ! Perhaps come the GP series he should where a breast plate bearing the flag of the United Nations !

Well done Tai, excellent decision.

Tai has one goal, to be World Champion again. He will make tough decisions to fulfil that goal.

Racing in a British semi-final the night before a GP is pointless.

• Like 3

There is also a semi final after the gp I believe but I'm sure he has one eye on Poland v Rest of the World meeting the same day. As captain and figurehead of GB speedway he should do the national championships, would he even do one meeting if he was seeded? I'm doubtful. His excuses are flimsy at best with logistics being an issue giving me a chuckle. He also commented that GB has no chance of winning the World Cup, what an inspiring captain he is.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 4

Rosco's excuse is even worse

"Last year Tai had one bike & used fiancee's brother's bike as a second - there are logistics as he's not based here." @AJROSCO on TW.

It's hardly the other side of the world. He was only year a couple of weeks ago for Belle Vue opener. It's the same distance as when he comes for Cardiff or SWC.

Nicki Pedersen managed to come over for meetings recently. Logistics didn't stop him & he's not British or based here.

Nicki has certainly earned himself some brownie points in the uk after moving all to get to the aborted belle vue meeting.

Good for him. If we can get HMQ to award him a 'K' in the Birthday honours maybe rosco can get him ride for Team UK or whatever we are called

One meeting doesn't cause burn out, however Tai has made the announcement in plenty of time and the reasoning behind it being that he wants to commit fully to being World Champion again is fine by me. Every time he rides in a GP he is representing Britain, he's not turning his back on his nation. Plenty of Aussies haven't raced in their national championships over the years, their fans haven't cried over it though, they accept the reasoning these riders have for not participating.

Not riding in the EL and riding in Poland is a no brainer, he has to go where the money is, a Speedway rider's career is short and can be ended at any moment.

Give the guy a break, he's made a decision for what he believes is a reason that can help him continue as the best rider in the world and do so as a British rider, it's sad that he won't be in the British final as a fan but when all's said and done I'd rather him be World Champion in 2016 than turn up to an individual meeting he'd probably walk anyway.

• Like 4