British Speedway Forum

Rosco's excuse is even worse 😂😂😂

"Last year Tai had one bike & used fiancee's brother's bike as a second - there are logistics as he's not based here." @AJROSCO on TW.

It's hardly the other side of the world. He was only year a couple of weeks ago for Belle Vue opener. It's the same distance as when he comes for Cardiff or SWC.

Nicki Pedersen managed to come over for meetings recently. Logistics didn't stop him & he's not British or based here.

I thought Nicki P lived in Stevenage or has he now moved back to Denmark.

• Like 2

Well done Tai, excellent decision.

Tai has one goal, to be World Champion again. He will make tough decisions to fulfil that goal.

Racing in a British semi-final the night before a GP is pointless.

if he chose to take world cup week off would that be a good tough choice?

I thought Nicki P lived in Stevenage or has he now moved back to Denmark.

Apparently moved back to Denmark a while back.

Let's find another reason to moan about Tai.

why not ?

2 words spring to mind Prima and Donna.

hope the pathetic once a year speedway attendees don't go all weak knees come Cardiff in July - alas it won't happen.

maybe tee-shirts "anyone but tai" might be be a success to the British fans. I would buy one !

• Like 2

If he did that he would be letting down his country a la Scott Nicholls.

Instead, he's not riding in an individual event. The only person missing out is himself at a chance of a 4th consecutive British Title. More adulation. More Praise... doesn't quite fit in with it's the 'all about the ego' comments.

why not ?

2 words spring to mind Prima and Donna.

hope the pathetic once a year speedway attendees don't go all weak knees come Cardiff in July - alas it won't happen.

maybe tee-shirts "anyone but tai" might be be a success to the British fans. I would buy one !

Peter Collins a prima donna?

How about Mark Loram?

What about Scott Nicholls?

. He doesn't have to choose, no top flight speedway in Europe for him that week just the final on the Saturday so plenty of rest

Apparently moved back to Denmark a while back.

I should think not only logistical but better for his children's education. A house in Stevenage if he hasn't sold it would also be a handy little income in the future.

Instead, he's not riding in an individual event. The only person missing out is himself at a chance of a 4th consecutive British Title. More adulation. More Praise... doesn't quite fit in with it's the 'all about the ego' comments.

How about Mark Loram?

before today, you would never find any negative comment from me towards Tai. I think hes put british speedway back on the map,

and without him in the world cup, we may as well not bother turning up..BUT, can anybody suggest putting himself out a little,

for just one day of the speedway calendar would damage his title bid?..speedway riders are renowned for their travel.

Whilst I admit its not his problem, most speedway world champions would promote their sport in their countries "larger" events.

I also don't buy into sportsmen being role models, as hes an individual and out for himself, i just don't think this episode is doing

himself many favours.

• Like 1

How about Mark Loram?

Yeap - all reckon they think they better than the supporters that feed their wages (not PC)

they just nobody's and will be dis-respectful in being mentioned in the REAL greats in history. Ivan, Ole, Peter, Barry, Anders, Bruce, Billy, Kenny, Dave, John, Eric, and not forgetting Nigel etc - far too many greats to mention plus many before my days of attending speedway - (reckon so many now are clueless who I talking about - so sad !)

it just a cash cow for the riders of today - no loyalty whatsoever.

happy days - I don't think so !

Yeap - all reckon they think they better than the supporters that feed their wages (not PC)

they just nobody's and will be dis-respectful in being mentioned in the REAL greats in history. Ivan, Ole, Peter, Barry, Anders, Bruce, Billy, Kenny, Dave, John, Eric, and not forgetting Nigel etc - far too many greats to mention plus many before my days of attending speedway - (reckon so many now are clueless who I talking about - so sad !)

it just a cash cow for the riders of today - no loyalty whatsoever.

happy days - I don't think so !

Greats are remembered through history of the ones you named only a couple are

Rosco's excuse is even worse

"Last year Tai had one bike & used fiancee's brother's bike as a second - there are logistics as he's not based here." @AJROSCO on TW.

It's hardly the other side of the world. He was only year a couple of weeks ago for Belle Vue opener. It's the same distance as when he comes for Cardiff or SWC.

Nicki Pedersen managed to come over for meetings recently. Logistics didn't stop him & he's not British or based here.

Doesn't Pedersen live in Hertfordshire?? And Woffinden lives in the uk too!!!!!

Edited to say anwser above for Pedersen...many thanks.

Edited by scottyfan

Greats are remembered through history of the ones you named only a couple are

being born in 1985 you ain't got any experience of what REAL speedway is all about. You too brain washed with the drivel you have come to expect and put up with.

Question - how many surnames are you able to put to the first names I wrote about - clue - Minogue or Donovan don't feature !

being born in 1985 you ain't got any experience of what REAL speedway is all about. You too brain washed with the drivel you have come to expect and put up with.

Question - how many surnames are you able to put to the first names I wrote about - clue - Minogue or Donovan don't feature !

Edit - just read the piece on speedwaygp.com, where Tai mentions his achievements in heaps at Scunthorpe, Rye House and Wolverhampton.

Sorry, take it all back what I written, didn't appreciate he had done so much at those great homes and scenes of victory of British Speedway !!!

Edited by markyb

Edit - just read the piece on speedwaygp.com, where Tai mentions his achievements in heaps at Scunthorpe, Rye House and Wolverhampton.

Sorry, take it all back what I written, didn't appreciate he had done so much at those great homes and scenes of victory of British Speedway !!!

He's already done more than half the 'greats' you listed and well on his way to surpassing most of the others.

Jealousy is a very poor trait.

just seen woffy selling loads of medals on ebay british and aussie ones..surprised medals mean so little to a sportsman

• Like 1

I was born in 1984 and could name them all. But I'd argue if someone can't name all your greats they're not that great are they?!

And for the record, if you're going to bitch about Tai, you can't include Bruce.

Edited by SCB