Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I'm struggling with who the "great" John is. Assuming it's Davis he'd hardly rank as one of the greats of the 70s or 80s let alone all time. He wouldn't rank in the top 10 brits even in either decade.

• Like 1

John Louis I would imagine

• Like 1

John Louis I would imagine

Of course. Pushing it to call he and dj "greats" though both obviously excellent riders.

And the you could say the same about sanders and boocock. All in that category of very good riders, but not quite good enough to be world champ (to be fair Jessup could have been with a bit of luck, or under a go system in 80).

• Like 1

being born in 1985 you ain't got any experience of what REAL speedway is all about. You too brain washed with the drivel you have come to expect and put up with.

Question - how many surnames are you able to put to the first names I wrote about - clue - Minogue or Donovan don't feature !

Edit - just read the piece on speedwaygp.com, where Tai mentions his achievements in heaps at Scunthorpe, Rye House and Wolverhampton.

Sorry, take it all back what I written, didn't appreciate he had done so much at those great homes and scenes of victory of British Speedway !!!

Ah the old I know better because I've been alive longer, brilliant argument. As others have said greats are remembered and known despite age. I know lots of older riders... the ones whose names transcends time as they truly were great riders,

How many world titles did he win :)

3 x World Team Cups and 1 x World Pairs, representing his country. (Only Rider to with the 1st and 2nd Division British Riders Titles?)

Bringing the Thread back on track, Wonder if Sky will bother to televise this season's British Final now that the main draw-card and Britain's only world class rider is not participating?

Only have the BSPA "to blame" for the situation having seemingly overlooked to include the British Semi-Finals in the Fixture List, then scheduling them either side of a SGP and then not offering the reigning World Champion a direct seeding to the Final.

If Woffinden wins another couple of World Titles, can see him moving away from speedway into another form of motor sport.

If Woffinden wins another couple of World Titles, can see him moving away from speedway into another form of motor sport.

I guess it's possible at some point, although he has stated a couple of times that he wants to win 7 World titles.

All the best

Rob

3 x World Team Cups and 1 x World Pairs, representing his country. (Only Rider to with the 1st and 2nd Division British Riders Titles?)

Bringing the Thread back on track, Wonder if Sky will bother to televise this season's British Final now that the main draw-card and Britain's only world class rider is not participating?

Only have the BSPA "to blame" for the situation having seemingly overlooked to include the British Semi-Finals in the Fixture List, then scheduling them either side of a SGP and then not offering the reigning World Champion a direct seeding to the Final.

I meant individual titles obviously :) but I take your point.

Agree with your comments on the BSPA.

why not ?

2 words spring to mind Prima and Donna.

hope the pathetic once a year speedway attendees don't go all weak knees come Cardiff in July - alas it won't happen.

maybe tee-shirts "anyone but tai" might be be a success to the British fans. I would buy one !

pathetic response from an uneducated fool. Guess you were ok with Peter Collins and Mark Loram missing finals as well then???? Or Scott Nicholls refusing to pull on the GB suit???? Mark wasn't even born in this country, missed a British Final yet somehow that is different!!!! The reasons for your comments are either you support a team that are direct rivals to Wolves so therefore have never liked him, or your simply not intelligent enough to realise he is British and are jumping on the bandwagon of some other morons who call him an Aussie Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

This years final could be more interesting, there are some good lads moving through the ranks now, so I think it should be a closely contested affair.

How many world titles did he win :)

3 I believe. 1 pairs 2 world team cups

oops, someone beat me to it

He's already done more than half the 'greats' you listed and well on his way to surpassing most of the others.

Jealousy is a very poor trait.

Your mantra is the guys a 2 time world champion thus beyond any criticism

Good to read Nigel Pearson's view in the local paper saying its not a disaster as we have got a great crop of youngsters coming through such as Ashley Morris ?

This would be the same Nigel Pearson who is listed on Tai Woffinden's website as head of PR so what did you really expect.,so much for being an independent speedway journalist ! I'm narked by Woffinden feeling its too much trouble to make 3 visits to the country of your birth in a 7 month speedway season but 2 World Championships do tend to make you bombproof in the eyes of some on here,

• Like 4

pathetic response from an uneducated fool. Guess you were ok with Peter Collins and Mark Loram missing finals as well then???? Or Scott Nicholls refusing to pull on the GB suit???? Mark wasn't even born in this country, missed a British Final yet somehow that is different!!!! The reasons for your comments are either you support a team that are direct rivals to Wolves so therefore have never liked him, or your simply not intelligent enough to realise he is British and are jumping on the bandwagon of some other morons who call him an Aussie

What were the reasons for Mark Loram and Peter Collins missing the final? Genuine question, I am old enough that I should remember, I just can't.

What were the reasons for Mark Loram and Peter Collins missing the final? Genuine question, I am old enough that I should remember, I just can't.

Mark Loram messed up filling in a form so wasn't entered. Nobody at the BSPA/SCB thought to contact him and see why he had not filled it in!