British Speedway Forum

Of course Cook is a better ride than Watt today. But he has so far not come close to the level Watt was riding at several years ago. A number one, a heat leader in Polands top flight. A much higher average in a tougher league.

Cook cant even get a ride in Poland and has dropped down to the PL. Polish clubs dont rate him, even second division.

I am not anti Cook. But he isn't or ever will be a top rider.

I agree with this unfortunately Cook is where he is and that's pretty much where he will stay, Watt is terrible now but was a better rider a few years back than Cook will be

Cook is better than Watt ever was

Hes not like. Not a fan of either but Cook has been a big fish in a small puddle... The PL and thats it....

The last time I saw Lambert he was phenomenal when he gated (once). Really looked different class, but didn't achieve a great deal in the rest of the meeting. Tend to agree that there's plenty of time and at the mo he is maybe not quite consistant enough for a full place.

Are you watching the same Lambert as I am, the one that is putting in good scores in PL or EL alike. He is good enough to be in the team proper both for the now, where he will gain experience and for the future.

Probably not

Are you watching the same Lambert as I am.

Probably not tbh I saw him at Glasgow this season and he didn't ride in the Necastle fixture. At Glasgow he scored:

1. Robert Lambert - 1', 3, 2, 0, 0 = 6+1

When he didn't gate he couldn't get by anyone but when he did he won by a mile and rode absolutely beatifull (and equalled the track record).

Sometimes you have to be bold and make decisions others may not. I have seen Poland use their youngsters in top class meetings and the youngsters ride to good effect. Let uk do the same with Lambert. Make sure he has a bike times and set up correctly, give him the chance, and of he takes it then his confidence will be at 110%, which will give him a boost for the future and also boost other uk youngsters who will see the opportunity is there for them also.

Lambert in the team for me.

• Like 1

Cook is better than Watt ever was

Thats where you are very wrong old son. But lets not get away from the Poole bashing eh... ;)

Thats where you are very wrong old son. But lets not get away from the Poole bashing eh... ;)

give it a rest. Your lack of intellect means that your stick answer is 'Poole bashing' it's a tad boring

I think Cook should go up a notch or two now he has a large track for a home.

give it a rest. Your lack of intellect means that your stick answer is 'Poole bashing' it's a tad boring

No you are a tad boring old son.

Are you watching the same Lambert as I am, the one that is putting in good scores in PL or EL alike. He is good enough to be in the team proper both for the now, where he will gain experience and for the future.

Tai and Lambert are my main picks for the next five years, Lambert is a real talent Cook also would be in my team the other place up for grabs for me.
  • Like 1

Tai and Lambert are my main picks for the next five years, Lambert is a real talent Cook also would be in my team the other place up for grabs for me.

Yep id also have Cook on the strength of it being at BV. I would probaly stick with Nicholls because of the above.

No you are a tad boring old son.

can you please let the adults chat. Good debate about Cook and Watt then you come along with your Poole bashing crap. Now run along

I think Cook should go up a notch or two now he has a large track for a home.

Quite agree. Many have forgotten the story in the SS telling what he has gone through with dud Ash engines in Poland, and has now switched to Peter Johns engines. Watch him go now. Remember how well he used to ride Brough and when he won the PLRC. He is no mug.

What was up with the Ashtec engines?

Cookie was flying on Ashtec motors late last season.

What was up with the Ashtec engines?

Cookie was flying on Ashtec motors late last season.

He found they were just not working this year, and he mutually agreed with Ash to try elsewhere. He was using them early in Poland, and they didn't work for him, hence the lack of interest for in Poland.