British Speedway Forum

Mark Loram messed up filling in a form so wasn't entered. Nobody at the BSPA/SCB thought to contact him and see why he had not filled it in!

Your almost there. He did have to fill out a form but at the time he was struggling with an illness he got whilst snowboarding in the winter so his mind was elsewhere.

He was omitted from the qualifying rounds because of this. They then offered him a route back in but Mark the gentleman he is declined it as it wasnt fair on everyone else..

• Like 1

What were the reasons for Mark Loram and Peter Collins missing the final? Genuine question, I am old enough that I should remember, I just can't.

Pc was offered to be seeded direct to the ic final in 77 rather than racing in the British final, and he accepted.

Rare example of a sensible decision from the powers that be. Not like 84 where England had too potential world champs, one (lee) given a ludicrous ban by the governing body and the other (carter) forced to ride the British semi final with a recently broken leg rather than being seeded.

You'd like to think the bspa this year would have offered woffy one of the two seed slots, but after last year's failure to offer one to robert lambert I'm certainly not convinced they are that sensible...

• Like 1

Pc was offered to be seeded direct to the ic final in 77 rather than racing in the British final, and he accepted.

Rare example of a sensible decision from the powers that be. Not like 84 where England had too potential world champs, one (lee) given a ludicrous ban by the governing body and the other (carter) forced to ride the British semi final with a recently broken leg rather than being seeded.

You'd like to think the bspa this year would have offered woffy one of the two seed slots, but after last year's failure to offer one to robert lambert I'm certainly not convinced they are that sensible...

Cheers for the history lesson, always interesting learning about the sport in decades gone by, especially the late 70s / early 80s when I was a speedway daft little boy.

You would think it would be in the interests of the BSPA to try and get Tai to the final, his being there might put another couple of hundred on the gate.

I suppose trying to put a positive slant on this now, it makes it a more open field.

It would be an open field anyway, with it not being held at his home track.

He only won it last year 'cause Garrity forgot his stabilizers.

• Like 1

It would be an open field anyway, with it not being held at his home track.

He only won it last year 'cause Garrity forgot his stabilizers.

As I mentioned before you are right.

Woffinden is unproven on bigger tracks. I'd love to see him try and win races away from Monmore too. Maybe in Poland, or how about Prague. What about Sweden. Ha! What a joke it would be. Away from Monmore Woffinden hasn't a clue.

• Like 2

As I mentioned before you are right.

Woffinden is unproven on bigger tracks. I'd love to see him try and win races away from Monmore too. Maybe in Poland, or how about Prague. What about Sweden. Ha! What a joke it would be. Away from Monmore Woffinden hasn't a clue.

Glad we agree for once.

I wouldn't say Woffinden is particularly poor on big tracks it's just Monmore has always given him an advantage results wise.

I thought that was just my opinion but I've checked the home and away averages for the seasons before he ditched wolves and it shows his scoring was greater at "home".

Edited by ouch

Glad we agree for once.

I wouldn't say Woffinden is particularly poor on big tracks it's just Monmore has always given him an advantage results wise.

Woffindens results on big tracks over the last few years has been better than small tracks, even the GPs

Glad we agree for once.

:rofl::rofl:

You should go on tour.

Woffindens results on big tracks over the last few years has been better than small tracks, even the GPs

Anyone who has any knowledge of speedway or isn't a troll knows that of course.

Any Wolves fan will also tell you, Woffinden was never brilliant at Monmore, ever. He could ride it of course, he's a world class rider, but he was no expert, especially at overtaking, as the likes of the Karlssons, Lindgren, Ermolenko etc were at their best.

I would 100% give Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and even Craig Cook a better chance of beating him at Monmore than at a bigger track.

I wasn't discussing big and small tracks I was discussing Monmore and a n other - surely you got that?

I amended my original post after checking figures but don't let facts getting in the way of a biased opinion.

Seems the default for this forum now a days. Sad.

I wasn't discussing big and small tracks I was discussing Monmore and a n other - surely you got that?

I amended my original post after checking figures but don't let facts getting in the way of a biased opinion.

Seems the default for this forum now a days. Sad.

If you're talking facts, then you'd realise Monmore isn't his home track.

Secondly, my opinion isn't biased. I would state that the best opportunity that riders such as Nicholls, Harris, Cook and even Garrity would have to beat Woffinden is on a small track like Monmore, one at which both Nicholls and Harris in particular excel at.

At a big track like Belle Vue, if Woffinden brought his GP bikes, they wouldn't get anywhere close.

Edited by BWitcher

:rofl::rofl:

You should go on tour.

Any Wolves fan will also tell you, Woffinden was never brilliant at Monmore, ever. He could ride it of course, he's a world class rider, but he was no expert, especially at overtaking, as the likes of the Karlssons, Lindgren, Ermolenko etc were at their best.

I would 100% give Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and even Craig Cook a better chance of beating him at Monmore than at

Agree with 99% of your post, for me Ward & olsen were the all time masters of coming from the back at Monmore

Not his home track. Pedantic but predictable.

Riders get better results at their home track.

Not his home track. Pedantic but predictable.

Riders get better results at their home track.

Im not a Wolves fan, Im not massively a huge Woffinden fan but you are talking out of your backside.

Most home riders have a knowledge of how to set their bikes up better than their opponents.

If you think Tai was superb at Monmore than you are very wrong.

Put the British Final on a big track and the likes of Harris and Cook wouldnt see which way he went. With it being at Monmore it was their best chance of beating him, only a fool would say otherwise.

• Like 1

Agree with 99% of your post, for me Ward & olsen were the all time masters of coming from the back at Monmore

Too young to have seen Olsen but heard the stories.

Ward was exceptional as well, I wouldn't say he was any more dominant than some of the ones I mentioned were at their best, but was certainly up there.

Sadly Ouch will continue to troll with his nonsense though.

Everyday is a learning day and after decades of following the sport I'm always prepared to learn something new.

Riders don't get better results on their home track. I concede and point taken. Sorry if I came over as a troll.