Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
george.m

Glasgow V Edinburgh - League Cup 3pm, 3rd April

Strange arguament this, in essence all of the No7s are NL riders, some with a bit more experience than others. It is a massive leap between PL and NL and most would be out of their depth if it was not for the new format. The lad needs a chance let him get it, it's seems more to be a bit of one upmanship between Tigger fans and Monarch fans.

• Like 2

There are 2 or 3 sensible posters on this thread and that's not including me and jenga.

• Like 2

I wish Bewley all the best and I'm sure he'll develop into a fantastic rider. Premier League exposure will do him the world of good

Glad to sift these words out of a series of very scornful posts aboutt Dan Bewley.

As a matter of interest, who would you prefer Edinburgh had chosen as their No 7?

• Like 1

As a matter of interest, who would you prefer Edinburgh had chosen as their No 7?

Mitchell Davey :rolleyes:

Glad to sift these words out of a series of very scornful posts aboutt Dan Bewley.

Mitchell Davey.

Great minds think alike just beat me to it . :t:

While Bewley may or may not be ready to take on the PL, I have no doubt that given some time and encouragement, he will improve.

After quite a few years of never getting any better, I'm afraid the same can't be said of Mitchell Davey.

I know who I'd rather have at number 7. A rider who potentially can improve. Not one who definitely can't.

What a sad, sad view of things.

Edinburgh should be congratulated? I spent £17.50 to watch Glasgow compete with what I assumed were the Premier League defending champions, but instead I saw a side pieced together half-heartedly. Bewley is not ready for the Premier League, Etheridge caused two stoppages en route to scoring nothing, Clegg only beat Bewley and I'm almost certain Ryan Fisher's mind was on what to watch on Netflix when he got home, therefore I reserve the right to an honest opinion in which I won't dance around reality like a fairy and attempt to fluff it up.

Aye, well done, Edinburgh. While I'm at it, I'd like to pass my congratulations on to Aston Villa, too. Here's a shout out to Dundee United, as well.

And we've payed £15/16 to score 50 home and away against you for the last 3/4 years?So whats your point?

You stated earlier you've not been going over the last few years smell a bit of glory start attending again. You've won one meeting and you seem to think the leagues over.

• Like 1

And we've payed £15/16 to score 50 home and away against you for the last 3/4 years?So whats your point?

You stated earlier you've not been going over the last few years smell a bit of glory start attending again. You've won one meeting and you seem to think the leagues over.

It is for your lot anyway ;) .

We haven't raced any league meetings yet!

I know over before its even started but always next year ;) .

Ah Weymouth.

The memories come flooding back.

The downfall of many a poor boy.

He's not the only one Gaz.

Not the only one.

;)

I was in Weymouth on Tuesday................shame there is no racing there at the moment but there is a group trying to revive the track...........

First attempt to share with the football club failed...........they are now looking at a couple of possible other sites...........

RP

• Like 1

Jesus, I wish I hadn't mentioned the cost. Do you have an inability to read? I already explained that I mentioned the price because, as a paying customer, I'm entitled to an opinion.

I'm not glory hunting. I said I haven't been regularly over the past five years, but I have been sporadically and I don't intend on going to Ashfield every week. Even if I was glory hunting, how can that be used against me?

I haven't mentioned Glagsow's win or even the league campaign once in this entire thread. I've simply raised concerns over Edinburgh's team building which, let's be honest, has been car crash material and that was reflected in Sunday's performance.

I don't have an alternative and certainly not a preference.

Again, I don't know how often I have to reiterate this, but my issue is with the Edinburgh management's close season performance. Bewley was a last minute, rushed, panic signing and it showed on Sunday.

A more organised and structured team building exercise would have prevented that. I refuse to believe that five months isn't long enough to build a team; that is a luxury not afforded in many other sports.

My understanding is that all their eggs were put in Mitchell Davey's basket. School boy error.

• Like 3

There are 2 or 3 sensible posters on this thread and that's not including me and jenga.

just got your self on the birthday and christmas card list .. :D

• Like 1

Obviously!

• Like 1