British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars Unfortunately the decision was taken out of our hands and we shall release more information if and when we are able to.

From KL's Facebook page.

I think you hit the nail on the head to be fair. Somebody has to give the fans an explanation as to why Sky have pulled again. Its not fair on the fans nor the clubs involved..

As I posted earlier I cant buy its just because of a iffy weather forecast, something the Kings Lynn track will face virtually on a weekly bases, had there been weather warnings, fair enough but to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been leaving me to believe there is more to this than certain people are letting on.

As I posted earlier I cant buy its just because of a iffy weather forecast, something the Kings Lynn track will face virtually on a weekly bases, had there been weather warnings, fair enough but to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been leaving me to believe there is more to this than certain people are letting on.

Agree.Don't seem right.

A lot of people have sky for the speedway, can see a few cancelled subs at this rate.

I was one of those people who subscribed to Skysport purely to watch speedway. However, I found with so many cancelled matches, and those that got half way through, only to get rained off, it just wasn't worth it. For the last year or two, I've used the Now TV Day pass. Its not cheap at £6-99 for the one day, but at least I can pick and choose which match I watch, and check the weather before I part with my money. I only watch the occasional match by this method now, but also get some speedway on Eurosport as part of my basic Sky Entertainment package. I'm curious to see what BT do, as I get BT Sport 1 as a BT Broadband customer, but I suspect they will put any speedway on one of the other BT sport channels that I have to pay for!

Can't believe tomorrow's meeting is cancelled. It's only the third week of the season. Every year we struggle to fit all the meetings in and have to run them in the bad weather at the end of season. What the hell is going on?

Agreed, the forcast isn't bad at all, which leads you to believe something else is up..

A lot of people have sky for the speedway, can see a few cancelled subs at this rate.

I was one of those people who subscribed to Skysport purely to watch speedway. However, I found with so many cancelled matches, and those that got half way through, only to get rained off, it just wasn't worth it. For the last year or two, I've used the Now TV Day pass. Its not cheap at £6-99 for the one day, but at least I can pick and choose which match I watch, and check the weather before I part with my money. I only watch the occasional match by this method now, but also get some speedway on Eurosport as part of my basic Sky Entertainment package. I'm curious to see what BT do, as I get BT Sport 1 as a BT Broadband customer, but I suspect they will put any speedway on one of the other BT sport channels that I have to pay for!

Sadly for you there is no "suspect"-it`s on BT sport 2

What I can gather it will be BT Sports 2, same as MotoGP

As an existing customer you should be able to get the full sports for £3 month extra atm.

Sorry do not understand what you mean by that, please elaborate?

Just doesn't feel right you posting on here about your Dad's business. OK let's try something else, why don't you ring him on his mobile and ask him what's going on, then report back to us on here, your fellow Kings Lynn Speedway fans .... put everyone's mind at rest 😆

Just doesn't feel right you posting on here about your Dad's business. OK let's try something else, why don't you ring him on his mobile and ask him what's going on, then report back to us on here, your fellow Kings Lynn Speedway fans .... put everyone's mind at rest

Probably because like many on here who know and talk to riders and promoters, what's said is a private conversation and not for publishing on the Internet.

Of course You could go to Young Stars on Wednesday and ask Buster and report back to us all ;)

Edited by Star Lady

As an existing customer you should be able to get the full sports for £3 month extra atm.

Thanks Danny, I'll investigate that. There are so many permutations of Sky/ Eurosport / BT and in the past Bet 365, however you can't beat watching it live. Oh....I can't do that tomorrow as its cancelled!

Probably because like many on here who know and talk to riders and promoters, what's said is a private conversation and not for publishing on the Internet.

Of course You could go to Young Stars on Wednesday and ask Buster and report back to us all ;)

So why come on here when he knows exactly what's going on but saying he hasn't been in touch with his Mum and Dad for 2 years? All a bit odd .....

And that is correct. But really and truely fans need to be put in the picture from somebody in authority why Sky have pulled again.

• Like 1