British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Lakeside Hammers 6/4/16

They are announcing at the parade that anyone caught streaming with Periscope will have a permanent ban from all speedway stadiums. No more filming.

There was an announcement about that on the Speedway GB website last week.......does not surprise me in the least........

RP

They are announcing at the parade that anyone caught streaming with Periscope will have a permanent ban from all speedway stadiums. No more filming.

It's so pathetic, what us wrong with filming a few races?

Brilliant racing tonight. Passing and repassing in virtually every heat. Heat times are slower but some fantastic action.

• Like 1

Pity they don't apply it retrospectively!

• Like 1

Brilliant racing tonight. Passing and repassing in virtually every heat. Heat times are slower but some fantastic action.

Don't tell Gavan, it is supposed to be boring at Poole with all our huge wins! :D
  • Like 2

Lakeside keeping it close so far. AJ sounds like he is flying 👍🏻

More fantastic racing in heat ten. Every heat has been top notch. I kid you not when I say this has been some of the best action I have seen in a long time.track is slow but producing the type of racing we all hope for. With the exclusion of Watt who has been rubbish.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

On speedway updates the texter is having kittens over Kurtz beating riders he should and Newman passing that top draft rider Robert Mear for what he believes a huge 5-1! Calm down mate Newman should be half a lap ahead of Mear!

It's also irrelevent how Watt rides as Poole have 5 heat leaders anyway so I'm sure a drop to reserve wont harm him. Holder has 5 from 3 and even with 2 riders struggling it's comfortable. Sounds like Lakeside making starts and Poole toying with them to try and provide entertainment.

Lakeside keeping it close so far. AJ sounds like he is flying

And Bridger has soon got back to his regular form.

Will be stunned if Poole dont hit 60 in this one

So Poole have failed to reach 60 and Elite League expert Gavan is stunned.

For my part I am relieved. It could have been a lot worse. To put it in perspective Lakeside did better than Swindon. That's nothing to crow about but they came away without the sort of mauling that saps a teams confidence. There will be probably be plenty of other teams going to WR this year and not doing any better. It seems from what Shovvy says that the Hammers at least got stuck in and put up a bit of a fight which is not always the case away to Poole

Good to see Lewis Kerr getting into the action, and Swid getting a win to keep his confidence up. Work in progress for LBR and Rob Mear it seems. Most importantly they all came through unscathed.

Watt happened to Dave Watt ? Did he think he was still riding for Lakeside or is Father Time catching him up ?

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Watt happened to Dave Watt ? Did he think he was still riding for Lakeside or is Father Time catching him up ?

He's just not a heat leader any more. Did the vast majority of his scoring at second string last season, struggled in his few meetings as a heat leader then too. He'll be fine once he drops to second string.

Poor performances from Bridger and Mear. Hope with KT on board we will make changes this year when riders are not performing. I wouldnt make any changes yet too early in the season but if scoring particularly away from home does not improve in about a months time we must act quickly and make changes.

• Like 4