British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plc Friday 8th April

With the way our team is built we should always have a high scoring reserve.. unfortunately that didnt happen tonight and it cost us big.

Well done to Sheffield, looked more up for it than the panthers in first half of meeting and deserved to win.

Hopefully this result will make the team realise they need to put maximum effort in as some looked like they couldnt be bothered tonight.

• Like 1

Wasn't aware of any changes to where I could stand when I bought a season ticket...so much for going unbeaten all season at home...2 matches more like!

• Like 1

In Panthers case you are right beaten by a much better side but I don't understand what you mean about fiddlers perhaps you would like to enlighten us.

sorry , i cant explain what i type . its just the way i am ... once again sorry if its not what you want to read from another non Peterborough supporter . ( see, spelling it correct as well . maybe thats the end of the borr0342s name i call you guys ,) but i doubt it . have a good season panthers and stay safe . J ..

Wasn't aware of any changes to where I could stand when I bought a season ticket...so much for going unbeaten all season at home...2 matches more like!

Standing at the back has been an issue for a few years although seemingly ignored and not fully enforced. A new season and a new push on the issue. Wouldn't most speedway fans give their right arm for a free seat, right next to the action in a 2200 seater stand? I appreciate that some people like to stand but there are plenty of other options to do that. It's not a big issue going to cost you anything so why should it part of the season ticket T&Cs. If you're a regular you'd know about the situation. If not you'd just sit down or stand elsewhere. More often than not officials are jobsworth types so you have to allow them their power trip.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Standing at the back has been an issue for a few years although seemingly ignored and not fully enforced. A new season and a new push on the issue. Wouldn't most speedway fans give their right arm for a free seat, right next to the action in a 2200 seater stand? I appreciate that some people like to stand but there are plenty of other options to do that. It's not a big issue going to cost you anything so why should it part of the season ticket T&Cs. If you're a regular you'd know about the situation. If not you'd just sit down or stand elsewhere. More often than not officials are jobsworth types so you have to allow them their power trip.

I can only agree and it really is not worth getting worked up about.

• Like 1

Well done Sheffield, better team on the night by far. Who is the idiot start marshall this year ? Constantly walking in front of the riders when they are ready to race to call another rider forward.

Well done Sheffield, better team on the night by far. Who is the idiot start marshall this year ? Constantly walking in front of the riders when they are ready to race to call another rider forward.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that, yeah call them forward but bugger me so picky come the end, pulling riders forward a couple inches, pathetic. Don't help the ref was holding the tapes for ages in first few heats!

• Like 2

Do they not have the extra start line which the front hubs must be above?

The health and safety ruling is something the Panthers have to agree to it's showground landlords who are imposing the rule and threat of violence will only get you thrown out or possibly banned.

It's not the Showground, it's the new H & S crew that Panthers put in place

sorry , i cant explain what i type . its just the way i am ... once again sorry if its not what you want to read from another non Peterborough supporter . ( see, spelling it correct as well . maybe thats the end of the borr0342s name i call you guys ,) but i doubt it . have a good season panthers and stay safe . J ..

God there was me thinking that you had thought Panthers fiddled the result so we could lose and bring back our secret weapon R. Konopka

• Like 3

Who is the idiot start marshall this year ? Constantly walking in front of the riders when they are ready to race to call another rider forward.

The hub of the front wheel should be over the second white line and it's the start marshals job to ensure the riders are in line. Doesn't make him an idiot, it's him doing the job properly.

• Like 5

It was a very disappointing evening, I expected better from the Panthers. Tigers were by far the better team and deserved to win. The starter was pernickety and irritating from the beginning. Overall a dismal first home meeting of the season for me. I hope for better at Scunny on Sunday.

Also, I sympathise with the people who wish to stand on the back straight and see nothing wrong with them complaining about it. They are Panthers supporters and deserve better than having their wishes ignored and being rudely spoken to by H&S or security men who don't give a damn about speedway or Peterborough Panthers. The comments from some about "it's not worth being concerned about" or "get over it" are both patronising and insulting. They should have more respect for their fellow Panthers supporters.

As far as I am aware the health and safety issues emanate from the Showground not the Speedway Promotion( perhaps we could be enlightened)

Annoying as some of these rules and regulations can be it is a symptom of our times when people sue at the drop of a hat and Gladstone Brookes are setting up sub offices on every street corner. It may be that they are sharing the supporters club hut to process compensation claims as the happen.

• Like 1

Hopefully this result will make the team realise they need to put maximum effort in as some looked like they couldnt be bothered tonight.

Listening to the interview on Radio Cambs this morning; "One or two of our riders need to have a good look at themselves after that showing".