British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plc Friday 8th April

It's not the Showground, it's the new H & S crew that Panthers put in place

It's nothing to do with the speedway club it's a Showground requirement for using the grandstand and Ged Rathbone said exactly that on the tannoy last night.

It was a very disappointing evening, I expected better from the Panthers. Tigers were by far the better team and deserved to win. The starter was pernickety and irritating from the beginning. Overall a dismal first home meeting of the season for me. I hope for better at Scunny on Sunday.

Also, I sympathise with the people who wish to stand on the back straight and see nothing wrong with them complaining about it. They are Panthers supporters and deserve better than having their wishes ignored and being rudely spoken to by H&S or security men who don't give a damn about speedway or Peterborough Panthers. The comments from some about "it's not worth being concerned about" or "get over it" are both patronising and insulting. They should have more respect for their fellow Panthers supporters.

H&S impose a lot of restrictions everywhere, I visited Sheffield last week and the back straight is still closed after decades.

As for rudeness their is no excuse but people needed telling several times and people didnt move until Ged Rathbone went on the microphone.

A week of rain had seriously affected the track, that said Tigers rode it better than most of my team so no complaints, you win some you lose some and you occasionally draw some, hopefully it was just one bad result.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

Rules is rules.

What's not to understand.

If you don't like the rules go elsewhere.

End of.

• Like 2

Just seen the statement on Panthers site...

It looks serious...

We need our speedway.......

Will be interesting to see how the new health and safety regulations apply during Truckfest on May 1 & 2. Perhaps someone who goes could report back. I'd guess that it's a speedway only problem. Having said that, just sit down or stand elsewhere, it really isn't worth getting upset about. I'm sorry if that sounds patronising or disrespectful (not aimed at you spencebel) but in the bigger picture of Peterborough Speedway this really is chicken feed.

• Like 3

Rules is rules.

End of.

Precisely , I am a smoker and i have to adhere to the rules around smoking in public places , i used to love to sit down in a pub enjoy a pint and have a smoke , i don't like the ruling but i have to agree to it , so i prefer to drink at home and seldom go to the pub anymore. unfortunately in this day and age it's health and safety gone mad, Not so long ago i received a file note at my works for putting a barrier in place before a fork lift truck operated in the area , my crime it was the f/t drivers responsibility not mine to put the barrier in place, sounds stupid doesn't it. That's what health and safety is all about,

I agree in this case rules is rules and there is no mileage in resisting. Some rules are seemingly daft but there you are.

I was once required to carry out a "crowd accumulation" survey for Public Liability insurance for a team that played in the local park, and had few if any spectators.

Great result away from home and a solid performance.Its good to see we keep getting points across the team.Dimi has been very impressive so far and doing a good job at number 2.We need hally to be more consistant home and away.The acid test will be on the smaller tracks where we might struggle.Good luck and well done to the team and management last night.

Will be interesting to see how the new health and safety regulations apply during Truckfest on May 1 & 2. Perhaps someone who goes could report back. I'd guess that it's a speedway only problem. Having said that, just sit down or stand elsewhere, it really isn't worth getting upset about. I'm sorry if that sounds patronising or disrespectful (not aimed at you spencebel) but in the bigger picture of Peterborough Speedway this really is chicken feed.

Your first point is a good one and is on the agenda.

• Like 1

Your first point is a good one and is on the agenda.

I shall be looking at the local press with interest and scanning any stand shots for infractions, of which I expect will be many. At the end of the day we know that it's been the case now for about 15 years that the EoES says jump and we ask how high? However, with their tough new stance on H&S I'd imagine that we're within our rights now to ask for a safety net.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Rules is rules.

End of.

Said with the self-centred, egotistical attitude of the truly arrogant. As I wrote in my original post, there are some members on this site who lack consideration and respect for their fellow Panthers supporters. Thank you for for so clearly demonstrating that.

Are you on a wind up or just a bit dim?

Genuine question.

For a start I am most definitely not a panthers' fan so count me out of the "fellow panthers supporters" jibe.

But I have no wish to see the club shut down because a few think they are above the regulations. In fact I put in quite a few pounds last year to try to avoid that.

But Ged has stated publicly that standing is not allowed at the back of the stand and there is a risk to the future of the club if people do not adhere to this.

So what is your logic for calling me self-centered, egotistical and truly arrogant?

Sounds like you are throwing your toys out of the pram because you can't get your own way. Time to grow up I think.

• Like 3

How many times did some people at the back need to be told to sit down?

Club may not have communicated rationale as well as they could have but what wasn't there to understand from initial announcements?

Most were like kids in a playground after being asked to move - didn't move, big I ams with smug grins on their faces. Unfortunately most were "grown" men 30+.

To all those who did move without fuss - thank you!

• Like 2

Are you on a wind up or just a bit dim?

Genuine question.

For a start I am most definitely not a panthers' fan so count me out of the "fellow panthers supporters" jibe.

But I have no wish to see the club shut down because a few think they are above the regulations. In fact I put in quite a few pounds last year to try to avoid that.

But Ged has stated publicly that standing is not allowed at the back of the stand and there is a risk to the future of the club if people do not adhere to this.

So what is your logic for calling me self-centered, egotistical and truly arrogant?

Sounds like you are throwing your toys out of the pram because you can't get your own way. Time to grow up I think.

Thank you again for so petulantly demonstrating your your self-centered, egotistical arrogance. As you say you are not a Panthers fan and obviously incapable of understanding anyone with an opinion or view contrary to yours.

How many times did some people at the back need to be told to sit down?

Club may not have communicated rationale as well as they could have but what wasn't there to understand from initial announcements?

Most were like kids in a playground after being asked to move - didn't move, big I ams with smug grins on their faces. Unfortunately most were "grown" men 30+.

To all those who did move without fuss - thank you!

Well I'm one of those people..and I bet you didn't have the bollocks to voice them views in person ?along with Scotsman of course...alot easier on here ay? The reason I liked standing at the back of the stand is because its a good view and I have a back issue..plus the fact that we have stood there for over 20 years with no issues. I actualy didn't wanna move even more because of the way them idiots spoke to me. I know it is chump change in the grand scheme of things but I do know people who will now not come again because of the way they were treated by them idiot jobs worth's.. My particular favourite was the "chief" h&s officer who's people skills were pathetic...anyway topic done to death now but that's my view on it all..we move on. Edited by Lukas