British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Danes Threaten Boycott Of Gp Quali

Yep, but even if they had, only one rider could have got the seeded place. It should be there in case a good prospect is injured, not because they want to go off and ride somewhere else.

Yet only two applied and 18 others signed a petition.

It's DMU's business, stupid argument and a case I rather have not even known about.

Well at least Holsted seem to be seeing the funny side, judging by the competition they've just posted to win two tickets to the event in Esbjerg. :D

But by Junes post everyone had the chance to apply!

Sure, sounds reasonable in theory but honestly do you really believe that they would have given the wild card to lets say Mikkel Michelsen or Mikkel Bech over MJJ or PK?

I would think that they wouldn't have done that. What if Mikkel Michelsen or Mikkel Bech would have become injured or sick and thus unable to ride in the Danish qualifiers?

Then they would have been without any chance of participating in the SGP/SEC qualifiers this season just because SK/DMU decided to give the wild card to someone who

preferred to ride in an foreign league meeting instead of the qualifiers. They should keep the wild card but to be eligible for it, the rider would have to enter the qualifiers unless

becoming sick or injured but in that case he would not be allowed to ride for two

So have the qualifier first, then based on the qualifier results, hand a wild card to anyone of those who missed out.

• Like 1

Sure, sounds reasonable in theory but honestly do you really believe that they would have given the wild card to lets say Mikkel Michelsen or Mikkel Bech over MJJ or PK?

I would think that they wouldn't have done that. What if Mikkel Michelsen or Mikkel Bech would have become injured or sick and thus unable to ride in the Danish qualifiers?

Then they would have been without any chance of participating in the SGP/SEC qualifiers this season just because SK/DMU decided to give the wild card to someone who

preferred to ride in an foreign league meeting instead of the qualifiers. They should keep the wild card but to be eligible for it, the rider would have to enter the qualifiers unless

becoming sick or injured but in that case he would not be allowed to ride for two

So have the qualifier first, then based on the qualifier results, hand a wild card to anyone of those who missed out.

I dont know and I dont know. DMU's business and I will never know what exactly has happened.

ALL my posts on this thread are based on an assumption that all riders had a chance to apply to be given a chance to skip this quali. Only two had apparently applied. why did not the rest of them apply?

If everyone has known the procedure early enough to act, then DMU is right. Someone will ride in the quali's on DMU slots even if the 18 riders refuse.

I'm looking this also from a federation side. If someone wants to blackmail the federation, let him. He'll lose as someone else (especially in Denmark) will take his place.

Personally I think it should have been up to MJJ whether he rode in Denmark or Poland, but that he should suffer the consequences of not turning up - be that loss of income in Poland or forfeiting his place in the qualifiers.

But it's gone past that, and it's not fair to take the wildcard away from him at this point..although not doing so denies a rider who does turn up the final qualifying place. So what would others see as a satisfactory outcome now?

Personally I think it should have been up to MJJ whether he rode in Denmark or Poland, but that he should suffer the consequences of not turning up - be that loss of income in Poland or forfeiting his place in the qualifiers.

But it's gone past that, and it's not fair to take the wildcard away from him at this point..although not doing so denies a rider who does turn up the final qualifying place. So what would others see as a satisfactory outcome now?

MJJ becomes Polish.

Change the date and nobody gets the wildcard ....

From memory this is what has happened in the past under Secher and possibly under Stekkers as well.So you can understand riders thinking this is what would happen again.As for Secher,well I am sure he feels his authority has been undermined and he probably gave his word to riders the usual practice would continue and that is maybe why only 2 riders applied for the wc.

From memory this is what has happened in the past under Secher and possibly under Stekkers as well.So you can understand riders thinking this is what would happen again.As for Secher,well I am sure he feels his authority has been undermined and he probably gave his word to riders the usual practice would continue and that is maybe why only 2 riders applied for the wc.

So someone is either undermining or overstepping it. End of.

Will be a lot easier for the rest if the Danish places are with a few old boys riders...

Will be a lot easier for the rest if the Danish places are with a few old boys riders...

Sure would be.Haven't checked just who would be in this meeting if all those who signed boycott,but it would hardly be a world class line-up and Esbjerg have sold tickets for this already.......

Off topic,but I see Svemo have nominated that Finnish bloke with the long name :P

Edited by iris123

Sure would be.Haven't checked just who would be in this meeting if all those who signed boycott,but it would hardly be a world class line-up and Esbjerg have sold tickets for this already.......

Off topic,but I see Svemo have nominated that Finnish bloke with the long name :P

Good for him... Another case I've had enough of.

KL should work for him, Timo Lahti will go to Slangerup.

Easy option is for MJJ to decline the wild card.

The easiest thing is DMU to say you to MJJ or any other rider(like the SCB/BSPA/ACU)should with TW if you don't ride in the qualifiers or final if seeded of your National Championship we will cancel your licence.

The easiest thing is DMU to say you to MJJ or any other rider(like the SCB/BSPA/ACU)should with TW if you don't ride in the qualifiers or final if seeded of your National Championship we will cancel your licence.

I don't think a federation can withdraw the riders' license just for not showing up but they can temporary suspend the rider(s) (like with the Russian SWC riders last season) and like

THJ was by Svemo a couple of years ago. So if they don't ride next Friday then they might not be allowed to ride in Poland two days later but I don't think that DMU can permanently

ban any rider who entered the national qualifier but failed to show up. A rider can become injured or sick and then it would be very harsh to permanently withdraw their license

but as said above, DMU can temporary suspend any rider failing to show up, to prevent them from riding elsewhere instead of the qualifier.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Looks like there's more to it, and that other club managers are annoyed by perceived favouritism towards Slangerup. It's been reported that Slangerup have received a greater share of the TV money, and that they were given priority over other clubs when being asked to host GP qualifying rounds.

I should say I made a mistake with one of my earlier comments in that Stefan Kristjansson isn't on the board of the DMU, rather he's head of the Sports Commision that works directly under the DMU, so apologies for incorrectly writing that.