British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Rye House V Ipswich Witches 9th April

Agree with HKP. Rye will have much tougher meetings, starting next week when Peterborough come to town. Ipswich (Covatti apart) were bad. Even Danny King looked below par. The heat 15 gift of a 5-1, when Kennett opted out, made the score look a little more respectable for Ipswich. Peter Karger continues to disappoint.

Decent crowd.

I guess you're right if he quits. The rules state no dropping a rider on an assessed average but also that any rider who drops below his assessed average remains on his assessed average. So if you don't want to be sacked, average 4.99 all season :D

Karger is averaging exactly 1.00 from 4 meetings Edited by Shads

Even better if people without correct change allowed in!

There is a separate entrance for debit/credit cards. Most people carry those. Not having change for paying customers and turning them away seems odd though

• Like 1

There is a separate entrance for debit/credit cards. Most people carry those. Not having change for paying customers and turning them away seems odd though

This is something I wish we had at Ipswich.

This is something I wish we had at Ipswich.

We've had the facility at Rye for a few years.

• Like 1

Congrats to Rye on the win but apart from Nico we were pants. Worst Witches performance I've seen at Rye in ages. Have to agree if Rye had a decent number 6 they would have a decent team, looking at him he would struggle at NL level.

Looks like a lot of work has gone on around the stadium but what have they done to the track. The first and second bends is so narrow now that it is a one line track out wide, if you try the inside you go nowhere so its like follow the leader out wide.

Couldn't believe they had a flat track race during the speedway meeting, couldn't that wait until after heat 15.

Shame Edward didn't come out in heat 15, would've like to have seen him against Nico on gate 4.

Kennett was class tonight, but it's a shame he didn't give nico another crack at him. I just love nico's attitude, absolutely flat out chasing of Kennett. Would love to have seen nico make one gate and Kennett chase him down as well. Thought lanham was very solid tonight, totally in control and smooth scoring good points. We have a few riders I'm really not sure about.

Congrats to Rye on the win but apart from Nico we were pants. Worst Witches performance I've seen at Rye in ages. Have to agree if Rye had a decent number 6 they would have a decent team, looking at him he would struggle at NL level.

Looks like a lot of work has gone on around the stadium but what have they done to the track. The first and second bends is so narrow now that it is a one line track out wide, if you try the inside you go nowhere so its like follow the leader out wide.

How on earth did Lanham score all his points? :/

Couldn't believe they had a flat track race during the speedway meeting, couldn't that wait until after heat 15.

Shame Edward didn't come out in heat 15, would've like to have seen him against Nico on gate 4.

Follow the leader on the outside looks a bit better though

How on earth did Lanham score all his points? :/

From the gate

what have they done to the track. The first and second bends is so narrow now that it is a one line track out wide, if you try the inside you go nowhere so its like follow the leader out wide.

Cut back on second bend works, but main passing seems to be on bend 4 Edited by Shads

Well that's a first for me - refused admission to a speedway meeting! "I can't let you in unless you have the correct money as I have no change".

With adult admission prices of £16 and £14 (seniors) it is entirely forseeable that more coins will be needed to be handed out as change that will be collected. First match I've missed at Rye this season. Unimpressed.

This should not happen, all turnstiles and gates had change if not they would of known some was coming and asked you to wait, could you let me know which turnstile or gate you tried to come through.

Made my first visit to Rye for quite some time.

On the plus side,looks like they have all the kit to produce a decent race track.The viewing is great,Rye look solid.

On the minsus side ,no lighting on the way out of the stadium through the car park.!!,can someone tone down the 2 minute buzzer down,its quite loud if you dont expect it right next to you!!!

Nice to see Robert Mear doing about 12 laps trying to sort out his bike problems,who knows can he double up?!!

Trevor Swales was spotted with osterguaard.Must have been on a scouting mission for next week!!!!

Just a quick word on the witches,as others have said Nico looks class,and you have to feel a bit sorry for Paco,he tried 100% even off 15m,Its the first time ive seen him,the amount of flak hes got on here i thought he was very unlucky tonight,and im sure he will come good.

• Like 2

I agree, although I think its the surface rather than the shape as it seems to me there is easily enough room to pass on any of the bends.

The problem was all the grip was up against the fence and apart from Robson's brilliant pass of Risager no-one went through on the inside all night. That meant that if you gated and sat right on the outside you were almost certain to win. As an example, Kennett knew precisely where to ride to make sure Covatti couldn't beat him.

Still, I see no reason why that can't be remedied and, to be fair, there has been a lot of money spent at the stadium and it looks as though there will be a lot more.

I thought Karger tried hard but there will come a point when that isn't enough, Ipswich (Covatti aside) were disappointing and Rye House are a better team than many have suggested, principally due to resurgent Robson and Lanham.

• Like 1

A nice even spread of the scoring for the Rockets, Karger again disappointing. Going to need those kind of scores consistently at home from Lanham and Heeps, even against stronger opposition.

We're one rider (and another learning to gate) short of a half decent side. Surely the promotion have seen enough of Karger now to realise he's not going to be anywhere near that five point assessed average.

A nice even spread of the scoring for the Rockets, Karger again disappointing. Going to need those kind of scores consistently at home from Lanham and Heeps, even against stronger opposition.

We're one rider (and another learning to gate) short of a half decent side. Surely the promotion have seen enough of Karger now to realise he's not going to be anywhere near that five point assessed average.

Quite, but unfortunately he and Rye are stuck with it this season following new rulings:

18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3 5.00

Cat 4 3.00

18.6.2.1 No rider with an Assessed MA, other than the Category 4 rider, can drop below 5.00 at any time during the Season.

16.3.2 Riders with assessed MA’s (other than an assessed 3.00) cannot be removed from a PL Team re-declaration