British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh Vs Berwick Fri 8th

2 points ain't too bad on paoer but compared to last year winning by 20 something each home match its not good. At least the closer matches will provide exciting meetings.

Why, of why, do Monarchs' fans keep emphasising the statements "don't care" and "not bothered"?

You haven't simply lost two meetings because Glasgow are a good side, three and-a-half Berwick riders were familiar with Armadale or because the law of averages dictates that the defending champions don't defend well.

You are rubbishe because your management carried-out what can only be described as an absolute shambles in team building.

I've just seen that Bewley and Etheridge failed to register a single point, again. Did Etheridge cause any stoppages? Did Bewely manage to fully slide the bike?

I presume you mean "Why, oh why" and have been contributing to the BBC's "Points Of View" for many years.

Yep. That's pretty much exactly what happened.

On this one I agree with you 99%. It might have been 100% but I follow Redcar, not Edinburgh, so a bonus point knocked off!

A final childish, pathetic comment.

I'm reacting to this because in your early post(s) you sounded like a decent balanced human being. What went wrong?

• Like 1

Big bonus tonight for me was that given the crap weather, we got a full meeting with some decent races despite the soggy conditions.

Both sides played their part in entertaining everyone and Berwick were deserved winners at the end.

We've had a good run since 2003 and no team or it's supporters, has a god given right to always be at, or near the top.

I've been there, along with many other Monarchs fans when we've ended bottom of the pile, and anyone who endured the Tom Cook era is well equipped to accept that situation when it's our turn

Unlike some on here, I reckon Bewley is a raw talent who will develop rapidly at number seven, the more opportunities he gets

Etheridge will find scoring points more difficult as he will remain at number two for the foreseeable future, but he has a decent style and expect him to start scoring some points at the Dale soon.

Too early to predict after 2 matches how this season will go, but for me, I'll settle for watching good racing, win,lose, or draw.

• Like 2

Thing is, this victory over a rubbishe Edinburgh side will get the Berwick spin merchants into overdrive ...dont know which is worse

Oh come after many times being on the wrong end of a humping at Armadale surely Berwick can celebrate this one.

The best wins are normally the unexpected ones and this is certainly one of those, well done to Berwick.

• Like 6

Well done for calling me a twit Dekker nice to lower the tone. When I suggested Edinburgh were weak before a wheel was turned I got abuse. When I said they were weak after Glasgow I was told I'm judging them on 1 meeting. Well I'm not they are crap. And where is Blobby??? Crowd when they win and hides when they don't

• Like 1

Act like a twit i'll call you one, the difference is - are they crap - will take a month or more to tell.

A great win for Berwick, it's been a long time coming, but worth the wait.

As Eric Boocock said to me when Hull won the league, the right place, the right time and lots of luck thats speedway. It was the best opportunity to take advantage of, the weakest Edinburgh team in a very long time, combined with Berwick 3 riders that ride THE DUMP well. Lets hope Berwick has a few more opportunities like this.

WELL DONE SCOTT AND ALL THE LADS, including Anders who hasn't had the best start, still believe he will come good though

• Like 3

A good result for Berwick highlighting the reduced strength of Edinburgh compared to last year.

Hopefully , some of the Edinburgh lower ranked riders will show some improvement and better team results for Edinburgh.

• Like 2

A good result for Berwick highlighting the reduced strength of Edinburgh compared to last year.

Hopefully , some of the Edinburgh lower ranked riders will show some improvement and better team results for Edinburgh.

In early season matches there is always a surprise result or two, and last night at Edinburgh was certainly one of those. Time will tell if the Monarchs aren't quite as good as some thought and Berwick not quite as poor as some thought. Whatever, it was certainly an impressive and welcome win for the Bandits and will do wonders for their confidence.

• Like 2

Well done for calling me a twit Dekker nice to lower the tone. When I suggested Edinburgh were weak before a wheel was turned I got abuse. When I said they were weak after Glasgow I was told I'm judging them on 1 meeting. Well I'm not they are crap. And where is Blobby??? Crowd when they win and hides when they don't

thats thought of yours is football talk . as for speedway talk they are there in out win lose . as we speak just look at plymouth we all enjoy our speedway

And where is Blobby???

Away watching Hearts beat Aberdeen last night.

Opps, forgot, he claims to be a Hibee. :rolleyes:

thats thought of yours is football talk . as for speedway talk they are there in out win lose . as we speak just look at plymouth we all enjoy our speedway

Can someone translate into English please?

I'm here don't panic.

Congrats to the bandits on the win, deserved it.

The track was very wet and gating was the aim of the game last night on what was a very difficult track to pass on. The bandits were far quicker out the gate and thats all she wrote I'm afraid.

Sam was in a class of his own. Max deserved his paid 10 great effort from him. Erik, Kevin and the fish were all far to inconsistent hopefully it's just lack of riding and that inconsistency will disappear. Jye and Dan were far more competitive last night and are improving all the time which is good to see.

Can see another defeat next week with our friends from the west coming through.

• Like 1

I'm here don't panic.

Congrats to the bandits on the win, deserved it.

The track was very wet and gating was the aim of the game last night on what was a very difficult track to pass on. The bandits were far quicker out the gate and thats all she wrote I'm afraid.

Sam was in a class of his own. Max deserved his paid 10 great effort from him. Erik, Kevin and the fish were all far to inconsistent hopefully it's just lack of riding and that inconsistency will disappear. Jye and Dan were far more competitive last night and are improving all the time which is good to see.

Can see another defeat next week with our friends from the west coming through.

Hang on..................did I read an admission that Glasgow will win at Edinburgh next week there..................

Oh wait...............its one of Blobby's predictions so anything is possible............

RP