British Speedway Forum
Speedball

British U21 Final - Sheffield 14 April

Clean Cut Sports were supposed to have filmed it, but no, no it wasn't.

Apparently Sky stopped anyone from filming the live action according to Sheffield management???

Don't see why Sky should have had anything to do with this as obviously they weren't going to show it live on TV anyway? Bloomin April and we've only seen one Sky meeting....

Following on from the British U21 at Sheffield on Thursday, GB's representatives for the World U21 qualifiers (semi-finals) have been announced:

Friday 20 May - Pardubice, Czech Republic: Adam Ellis

Saturday 21 May - Pocking, Germany: Josh Bates

Saturday 21 May - Belle Vue, Manchester: Robert Lambert & Max Clegg (Meeting Reserves: Nathan Greaves & Jack Smith)

Jack Parkinson-Blackburn is ineligible to compete due to his age and Zach Wajtknecht & James Shanes are committed already to international meetings on the semi-final weekend.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30299

Edited by macca56

The semi / final method has been around since before most of the kids in ls night meeting were born. Its how all the big meetings are settled. The riders who know how to rise to the occasion will win the big events in the future and need to learn how to do it now. Josh Bates has won the event twice now and both times apparently he wasn't the best rider. Sorry but history will show he was.

Spot on!!!! On the night the young lad won it fair and square.

No one will remeber who won the u21s anyway. It means nothing about being a top level rider

No one will remeber who won the u21s anyway. It means nothing about being a top level rider

Fortunately for Josh and his sponsors the will remember it twice 😜😜🤔

• Like 3

Speedway riders ought to see every win as something special, we all know why ......

Apparently Sky stopped anyone from filming the live action according to Sheffield management???

There's a statement on the Clean Cut Sports website, but the decision not to film was absolutely nothing to do with either Sky or GoSpeed, both of whom continue to be excellent partners to SpeedwayGB

Edited by ballinger
  • Like 1

There's a statement on the Clean Cut Sports website, but the decision not to film was absolutely nothing to do with either Sky or GoSpeed, both of whom continue to be excellent partners to SpeedwayGB

Do they bo***x

• Like 1

Do they bo***x

I have never believed a poster who 'Likes' his own post, so I wouldn't be holding much credence to 'ballinger's' post.

Apart from televising the allotted number of matches, Sky have not, in my experience, proved to be an excellent partner to speedway. They have had opportunities to promote the sport - for example, a highlights package of the U21 Final would've been ideal, but have failed to deliver.

I am not a great fan of BT Sport so far, but from viewing their trailer for the coverage of their first SGP, featuring Suzi Perry on a speedway bike at Arlington, I can envisage BT doing a far better job in this than Sky have.

• Like 1