British Speedway Forum
Speedball

British U21 Final - Sheffield 14 April

Thinking of making the trip up to Sheffield as there should be 4 Stars/Young Stars representatives in the final. Has it been confirmed that Robert Lambert is taking part? Think it all depends on what licence he is riding on this year.

Seeded riders:

Robert Lambert, Adam Ellis, Josh Bates, Max Clegg, Zach Wajtknecht, Oliver Greenwood.

Qualifiers from Kent semi-final:

James Shanes, Connor Mountain, Josh Bailey, Danny Phillips, Ryan Kinsley, Nathan Greaves, Ellis Perks, Danno Verge, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn

From the line up Lambert, Ellis & Bates on his home circuit look the 3 to beat with my money on the latter however for my outside shout for a podium place im going for Josh Bailey.

• Like 2

The full draw is as follows –
1) Oliver Greenwood 2) Danny Phillips 3) Josh Bates 4) Ryan Kinsley 5) James Shanes 6) Robert Lambert 7) Nathan Greaves 8) Josh Bailey 9) Jack Parkinson – Blackburn 10) Zach Wajknecht 11) Adam Ellis 12) Danno Verge 13) Ellis Perks 14) Jack Smith 15) Max Clegg 16) Connor Mountain

Reserves:
17) Alfie Bowtell 18) Danyon Hume

• Like 1

some of us are coming from Bordeaux for this !

• Like 3

Bloody hell, why on a Thursday!!!!! Why not a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon

Why don't we make any big meeting available for all fans fgs!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 3

Bloody hell, why on a Thursday!!!!! Why not a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon

because that would be much to sensible.

• Like 2

Any different from Monday night?

• Like 1

Any different from Monday night?

You what? Saturday/Sunday different to Monday?

A weekend makes no difference to me as I work most of them& I do not see why the mon- fri workers should think it is there right to get every weekend off.I will be going to this as it is my day off but if it had been a weekend I would not be able to go unless the meeting started later.

Danyon Hume now in the meeting.

Both Reserves, Alfie Bowtell (Mildenhall) and Danyon Hume (Birmingham) have been promoted into the meeting, replacing Connor Mountain, following his crash at Mildenhall on Sunday, and the unavailable Ryan Kinsley.

Liam Carr {Berwick & Coventry) and Jamie Halder (Coventry) step into the Reserve positions.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

Tough luck on Connor Mountain who was going so well at the semi final. Not sure what the extent of his injuries are following on from his horror smash at the weekend but i wish him a speedy recovery.

• Like 1