British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

Just a quick update, this weekend Kyle is not being ambitious in Pila for testing and practice.

I know, he was stomping around saying i don't want to go, his dad gave him a clip and said your going !! :D I have a lot of time for the lad, you really cannot fault his comitment the lad deserves all the success he gets...

I'll make a sizeable donation to the SRBF if Ellis is in the 1-5 a week Friday!!!! :nono:

Very much depends on Wednesday's meeting with Coventry. From what was seen at the Abbey, it looks as tho' both Coventry reserves will be heavily outscored by the Poole duo (Ellis was riding for Coventry). At present Ellis has the highest MA of the Poole duo or are you saying that Uncle Matt will make sure that Newman scores the most points?

Very much depends on Wednesday's meeting with Coventry. From what was seen at the Abbey, it looks as tho' both Coventry reserves will be heavily outscored by the Poole duo (Ellis was riding for Coventry). At present Ellis has the highest MA of the Poole duo or are you saying that Uncle Matt will make sure that Newman scores the most points?

Its actually Friday's meeting at Brandon that matters. Kyle has to score 3 more than Adam to go into the 1-5. I say I to the 1-5 but whichever one moves up will be a heat leader with Kirtz dropping to reserve and Buzz dropping to second string.

No. What I'm saying is that Tier 2 reserves eg Ellis cannot be promoted into the 1-5. Its only for Tier 1 riders or those reserves with the higher starting average at the beginning of the season - which means the Tier 1 reserve in all EL cases I believe.

Unless there has been a change to this rule which I, Newman and Ellis and others are not yet aware of?! If there has been a change, then I stand corrected - and it needs to be made clear to all clubs and their reserves!!

No. What I'm saying is that Tier 2 reserves eg Ellis cannot be promoted into the 1-5. Its only for Tier 1 riders or those reserves with the higher starting average at the beginning of the season - which means the Tier 1 reserve in all EL cases I believe.

Unless there has been a change to this rule which I, Newman and Ellis and others are not yet aware of?! If there has been a change, then I stand corrected - and it needs to be made clear to all clubs and their reserves!!

Apparently it's either but not both.

cannot see any reason why a tier 2 ISNT protected.

I can see why SCB and others are saying what they are saying; they are going by the 2016 rulebook, placing thee most reasonable interpretation of the relevant section.

Oh! I see where they might be going wrong, who in their right mind expects the speedway rules to be in the rulebook :(

My understanding of the rule (having read it) is that only the rider with the highest MA can move up - certainly doesn't say anything about only Tier 1 riders.

We have no meeting Wednesday....................

RP

Where have you got it from that only tier 1 riders move up? Im using the official rule book and that trumps the Bournemouth Echo!

The rule states 'only the one with the highest MA' can move into the 1-5.

Unfortunately it doesnt specify if this means the one highest at the start of the season or the highest of either at any point.

Bournemouth Echo version would mean only the higher rider at the start can move up (badly written in regs if so)

How the regs read if using a literal meaning is that either can but only one (the highest) at a time.

If it was only tier 1 riders moving up then surely it would say tier 1 not highest MA.

The rule states 'only the one with the highest MA' can move into the 1-5.

Unfortunately it doesnt specify if this means the one highest at the start of the season or the highest of either at any point.

Bournemouth Echo version would mean only the higher rider at the start can move up (badly written in regs if so)

How the regs read if using a literal meaning is that either can but only one (the highest) at a time.

The rule states, "17.5.1 Only one EDR (the one with the highest MA) may move into a Team’s top 1-5". If it does only mean start higher average rider it's a shambles of a rule as they have put a bracket in to clarify something whne all they had to write was, "17.5.1 Tier 1 riders may move into the teams top 1-5".

That rule clearly means either one can move up. I think someone has read it wrong, told the Bournemouth Echo that reading of it too.

also,

16.2.7.1 EDR’s will obtain an Established MA when the rider completes 2 Home and 2 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares

If tier 2's can't go into the 1-5 why "EDRs will obtain" and not, "Tier 1 ERDs will obtain"?

Edited by SCB

I've emailed the BSPA offices for confirmation. No matter who is correct or otherwise on here, surely its what the riders themselves understand and have agreed to?!

Edited by Skidder1

Didnt Matt Ford say himself that he thinks Newman and Ellis will get into the top 5 during the season?