British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Three Generations Of Riders

Following on from the thread regarding fathers and sons who rode it did get me thinking of grandfathers who have competed. I can only come up with Charlie (Grandfather), Bob (Father) brothers John & Eric also rode and sons of Bob Martin & Paul Dugard. I remember reading sometime ago that Martin's son dabbled in the sport also...so that would actually make it four generations!

Lubos Tomicek, Lubos Tomicek and Lubos Tomicek!

Adam, Nicky and Guy Allott

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

Allott, Allott & Allott.

All the best

Rob

EDIT: Arnie beat me to it by seconds :D

Edited by lucifer sam

I guess that at a stretch Neil Street being father-in-law to Phil Crump and therefore Grandfather to Jason may qualify? I claim special dispensation for that one!

I guess that at a stretch Neil Street being father-in-law to Phil Crump and therefore Grandfather to Jason may qualify? I claim special dispensation for that one!

No need for special dispensation...

Jason's father (Phil) rode and so did his grandfather (Street) - that's three generations from Jason's perspective!

Following on from the thread regarding fathers and sons who rode it did get me thinking of grandfathers who have competed. I can only come up with Charlie (Grandfather), Bob (Father) brothers John & Eric also rode and sons of Bob Martin & Paul Dugard. I remember reading sometime ago that Martin's son dabbled in the sport also...so that would actually make it four generations!

Certainly is FOUR generations. Martin's son Kelsey was runner up a couple of years ago in the GB Youth Champs and rides in the NL for the Isle of Wight.

Allott, Allott & Allott.

All the best

Rob

EDIT: Arnie beat me to it by seconds :D

In this case, seconds is Allott...!!

• Like 1

There is a full page advert in today's Oxford Mail sponsored by the Isle of Wight Warriors where there squad are all pictured wearing Save Oxford Stadium race jackets(I know they only had one)with comments from the riders. Kelsey mentions his families involvement at Oxford in his piece

• Like 1

There is a full page advert in today's Oxford Mail sponsored by the Isle of Wight Warriors where there squad are all pictured wearing Save Oxford Stadium race jackets(I know they only had one)with comments from the riders. Kelsey mentions his families involvement at Oxford in his piece

Shall have to have a look at that!