British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Lakeside V Poole Ela. 8/04/16

Well done to Lakeside on thier victory,not a total shock because when all firing they will be a match for anyone.Bottom Two i dont think so.

When you have reserves scoring 17 and you still lose, it shows how bad your top 5 are.

That would be the same top five that done the double over your lot then :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Holder was good against Coventry and Swindon.Shamek Pawlicki or Antonio Lindback for Watt please this is embarrassing.

Oh behave

• Like 2

Holder was good against Coventry and Swindon.Shamek Pawlicki or Antonio Lindback for Watt please this is embarrassing.

This must be the most hilarious post I've EVER read!

• Like 1

Pleased with the result last night from Lakeside. Well done for de-railing the Poole juggernaut.

Pleased with the result last night from Lakeside. Well done for de-railing the Poole juggernaut.

just have to say as a neutral supporter last nights meeting was excellent - I don't watch elite league racing very often BUT last night was a great advert for it - i can not believe some of the negative posts I read about the elite league - bring it on I say

• Like 2

When you have reserves scoring 17 and you still lose, it shows how bad your top 5 are.

Yes they are horrendous! Don't know why we signed any of them.
  • Like 1

just have to say as a neutral supporter last nights meeting was excellent - I don't watch elite league racing very often BUT last night was a great advert for it - i can not believe some of the negative posts I read about the elite league - bring it on I say

Yet people still say it's an awful gate and go speedway track. Glad to see a neutral giving the place some credit.
  • Like 2

That used to baffle me as well. Some diehards were calling for changes after winning one at home and losing one away. I just hope their pleasure would be even greater than mine after seeing a superb meeting like this one. :lol:

• Like 1

That used to baffle me as well. Some diehards were calling for changes after winning one at home and losing one away. I just hope their pleasure would be even greater than mine after seeing a superb meeting like this one. :lol:

Winning two at home and the Elite Shield...............

RP

• Like 1

thats what years of success can do to fans - makes them expect it every week without fail ------ very fickle

as for this win it will give teams a false sense of hope , lakesides huge home advantage is what won this....

What a crock of bull....

• Like 1

Just a shame none of it will be available on You Tube or any other social media.

• Like 3

thats what years of success can do to fans - makes them expect it every week without fail ------ very fickle

as for this win it will give teams a false sense of hope , lakesides huge home advantage is what won this....

To be fair it does not bother me if we win or lose.............having followed Poole through the good and the bad times and believe me some of them were very bad for the last 40 years it would not bother me if we never won another league title.............its a nice thing to do but its not the be all and end all...............

Lakeside with Kelvin Tatum on board I think are going to give a few people a surprise..........would not be surprised if they make the play offs............

RP

Just a shame none of it will be available on You Tube or any other social media.

If only there was a way for those of us who live abroad to pay a subscription and see selected heats / whole meetings. Just think of the interest / money it could bring in, maybe even attracting other sponsors to the sport ?

I have always said its not level that the speedway operates at, its the track and how its prepared.

Yet people still say it's an awful gate and go speedway track. Glad to see a neutral giving the place some credit.

I have always said it is one of my favourite tracks. Those who criticise it are living on the reputation that it built up during the Ronnie Russell era when it was rubbish.

Messrs Douglas & Cook changed all that when they took over.

More's the pity. While I can very much appreciate the BSPA wanting to protect their product, putting Bridger's stunning last to first on the internet is far more likely to get people to go than stop them going.

I would have filmed a few heats on Periscope last night for all to see but the powers that be say they will ban any fan so I am not filming amymore. A shame but thats the way they want it.