British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

British Youth Speedway's Big Weekend

Didn't know clubs could charge for junior events? Hats off to all the organisers and riders for getting these meetings on.

Still think the refs have got a cheek with their generous offer of only changing normal rate. For the benefit of British speedway they should do one each for free (less travelling expenses).

Good luck to all competitors have a fun and safe weekend.

Good to see fans that complain about the lack of young Brits are being so supportive on this thred

Two distinctly different camps surely?

The Pairs meeting is at Northside on Saturday @ 2pm

The line up is:

125cc

Rentruck Ravens – Harry McGurk and Jacob Clayton
Ducksmart Ducklings – Mickey Simpson and Alex Goldsbrough
Trend Titans – Keiron McCoy and Sheldon Davies
KanDysoft Kestrals – Jordan Palin and Corbin Pavitt
Motive Car Marauders – Dan Thompson and Archie Freeman
Speedway Nut Nutters – Nathan Ablitt and Jack Wright
Pairmans Poachers – Sam McGurk and Taya Thirtle
Mitas Tyres Triers – Gregor Miller and Elliot Kelly
Wessex Marine Wildcats – Bailey Fellows and Danny Curl
ATPI Bulldogs – Ryan Morris and Luke Harrison
Fen Signs Wizards – Joe Thompson and Max Perry

500cc
Friends of Speedway Firebirds – Tom Brennan and James Hitchen
PBHS Utilities Pumas – Kean Dicken and Sam Wooley
Nuneaton Supporters Nighthawks – Jordan Jenkins and Alex Spooner
Meridian Lifts Marlins – Lewis Whitmore and Sam Bebee
SRA Seahawks – Kyle Bickley and Carl Basford

The 1st round of the BYC starts @ 3pm @ Glasgow on Sunday.

37 riders now take part. The original 39 announced were:

Nathan Ablitt, Carl Basford, Sam Bebee, Kyle Bickley, Tom Brennan, Jacob Clayton, Danny Curl, Sheldon Davies, Kean Dicken, Jason Edwards, Bailey Fellows, Leon Flint, Alex Goldsborough, Luke Harrison, James Hitchen, Jordan Jenkins, Elliot Kelly, Drew Kemp, Liam Little, Keiron McCoy, Harry McGurk, Sam McGurk, Gregor Miller, Ryan Morris, Jordan Palin, Corbin Pavitt, Max Perry, Anders Rowe, Mickie Simpson, Jack Shimeltt, Alex Spooner, Taya Thirtle, Dan Thompson, Joe Thompson, Lewis Whitmore, Ben Woodhull, Luke Woodhull, Sam Wooley and Jack Wright.

Two distinctly different camps surely?

I know what camp I am in Alan, and I will be there supporting the kids, and especially my two juniors Jack Wright and Archie Freeman.

Weather looking OK now and a class field to watch. If anybody is in the area, get self along and support the future.

Very much looking forward to this today. Great weather for Speedway in Glasgow. Overcast, very pleasant and track should be in good nick. Good luck to all the entrants, should be a lot more racing than our last meeting against Edinburgh :approve:

sounds like a final worth the entrance fee alone. congratulations kyle bickley , commiserations tom brennan what a pair of young prospects we have.

• Like 1

I know what camp I am in Alan, and I will be there supporting the kids, and especially my two juniors Jack Wright and Archie Freeman.

Weather looking OK now and a class field to watch. If anybody is in the area, get self along and support the future.

Unfortunately neither of your two juniors were there. But was at the meeting I would prefer to be at today no Elite or Premier prima donnas to watch just good raw talent. Good to be joined on the terraces by supporters Chris Goulding and Les Drury from Kent. Rreal speedway supporters not like many locals.

• Like 3

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the British Youth racing at Ashfield. I would advise anyone thinking about it to get along to any of the future rounds of these championships. These kids are skillful, brave and well worth making the effort to go and see. 41 races rattled through in less than 3 hours. The future looks bright.

• Like 4

The only losers yesterday were the ones who didn't go. Well done to all who took part. :t::cheers:

• Like 2

Congratulations to all who took part. May it prove to be another valuable step in your developments whatever the results may have been.

On a side note any idea why Dan Thompson didn't contest the 125 final as he appears to have gone through the heats unbeaten?

On a side note any idea why Dan Thompson didn't contest the 125 final as he appears to have gone through the heats unbeaten?

He won the final.

Oh? Scorecard on Speedway GB has it as below?

1st Mickie Simpson

2nd Jordan Pailin

3rd Harry McGurk

4th Joe Thompson