British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
22A

Venue Selection

OK folks, a simple query.

The British GP is always at the Mill Stad.

In recent years we've hosted World Cup semi finals at Peterborough and King's Lynn and this year the Final itself will be staged in Manchester.

What are the criteria for deciding which track hosts prestigious events; is it track length, ground capacity, ease of access for spectators, or a combination of such factors please?

In recent years we've hosted World Cup semi finals at Peterborough and King's Lynn and this year the Final itself will be staged in Manchester.

What are the criteria for deciding which track hosts prestigious events; is it track length, ground capacity, ease of access for spectators, or a combination of such factors please?

Money ;)

• Like 2

Not sure what the present criteria is but tracks had to conform to FIM track measurements (width in particular) of which there were/are just a few in Britain.

Edited by steve roberts

One main criteria of course is a track actually has to want to host a prestigious meeting.A lot just don't want to even if they meet other criteria

This year's British SGP will not be held at the Millennium Stadium, rather the Principality Stadium - which I believe is fairly close by and, the way things are going, I wouldn't hold my breath on the SWC being staged in Manchester - although it may be that it will be the new Grand Opening Meeting there - depending on the delivery and installation of track covers.

Bspa shared eventd are doled out to whoever is flavour of the month , rather than any proper criteria .

This year's British SGP will not be held at the Millennium Stadium, rather the Principality Stadium - which I believe is fairly close by and, the way things are going, I wouldn't hold my breath on the SWC being staged in Manchester - although it may be that it will be the new Grand Opening Meeting there - depending on the delivery and installation of track covers.

The millennium stadium and the Principality are one and the same its just a change of name .

The World Cup semi and final are financed by those running the World Cup.

They hire the stadium and are fully in charge

So obviously they decide where they want it.

The millennium stadium and the Principality are one and the same its just a change of name .

That's a Mighty Whooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

End of an era! The Millennium Stadium is no more as iconic ...

www.walesonline.co.uk › ... › Rugby › Rugby News › Millennium Stadium
26 Nov 2015 - The Millennium Stadium sign has been taken down ahead of its reincarnation as Principality Stadium.

Oh dear, and still a Whoooooooooooosh.

Bspa shared eventd are doled out to whoever is flavour of the month , rather than any proper criteria .

Fim events I do not think are the same as bspa shares
  • Like 1

Coventry got the ELRC because its the last season at Brandon but also the track surface improved immensely last season. Of course it probably has the best facilities in the country apart from BV.