British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Bees V Stars 11/4/16 19:30

If this goes ahead then can See a Godiva win by 8/10. Great to see Lambert (paid max) and Rose amongst the Points in The Toon, But Wilko's form at Scunny Must be a cause for concern.

• Like 1

One thing that the promotion does well is they give the meeting every chance, some fans don't like that and prefer an early decision.

And then when we have a early call off (some clubs calling off 48hrs before) the same people also moan. You can't please some people can you.

And then when we have a early call off (some clubs calling off 48hrs before) the same people also moan. You can't please some people can you.

No and the way the forecast is today I don't think they have much choice but to wait and see. Even the rain at 6 is supposedly light, if it was due to absolutely hammer it down then possibly you could argue for an earlier postponement. I always say postpone when the track isnt rideable and not before but I'm not the one paying wages etc.

I think a track should be waterlogged before it's called off but can understand early decisions as can cost away fans and clubs a lot of money to wait and see.

• Like 2

But we are one of the weaker sides :sad:

With Niels out you will be, that's why you need to get points on the board while he is here!

£17 for 10 heats at the best, and they will be a farce if the rain that is forecast arrives.

Very true, I got caught out in the Poole meeting last season, it won't be happening again.

• Like 1

£17 for 10 heats at the best, and they will be a farce if the rain that is forecast arrives.

Yes, and how many students will have managed to get their required letter of confirmation since fridays announcement?. So £17 for most of them too I would imagine.

Edited by Dave Jones

Yes, and how many students will have managed to get their required letter of confirmation since fridays announcement?. So £17 for most of them too I would imagine.

If I were them I wouldn't bother given the forecast.

I think they will give it time to see if the forecast changes but if it doesn't then they will make a decision. Heavy rain from 8pm light rain from 5pm. Looks highly unlikely to go ahead let alone getting to ten heats.

They should really enforce that criteria for the next meeting to be honest.

I think they will give it time to see if the forecast changes but if it doesn't then they will make a decision. Heavy rain from 8pm light rain from 5pm. Looks highly unlikely to go ahead let alone getting to ten heats.

They should really enforce that criteria for the next meeting to be honest.

If there was anyone in charge with half a brain that would have been announced on Friday too. ;)

It's a real pleasure to look in on Coventry threads these days. What a load of negative miseries. :)

......lisa-collette......I think a track should be waterlogged before it's called off but can understand early decisions as can cost away fans and clubs a lot of money to wait and see.

I think it's more to do with the riders vision so the track doesn't necessarily have to be waterlogged before being called off. Rider power and all that. :wink:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

It's a real pleasure to look in on Coventry threads these days. What a load of negative miseries. :)

With a view on things, just like yourself :D

Yes, but thank goodness I'm not a miserable old sod.......yet. :lol:

Yes, but thank goodness I'm not a miserable old sod.......yet. :lol:

The day isn't over... Yet :D