British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Swindon Robins, Weds 13th April 19:30, Sky Meeting..

Well done Leicester tonight, rode well... :t: Bornagainlion, perhaps Sky might have had something to do with that.. Don't you think ?

Chuffed to be off the mark with league points tonight. Doyle aside, I really don't think that Swindon are any better than Leicester and would not expect them to be play off contenders. Highlight of the night was Wozniak beating Doyle. All well and good if Doyle had overlooked on a bend lost significant ground, but he didn't and was always close to Wozniak and to keep a top GP rider at bay for 4 laps was mighty impressive.

• Like 2

Well done Leicester tonight, rode well... :t: Bornagainlion, perhaps Sky might have had something to do with that.. Don't you think ?

Last years Sky meeting was 7 quid in and there were a lot more than tonight at a tenner so partly sky, partly cost but more expectation of another defeat maybe?

Last years Sky meeting was 7 quid in and there were a lot more than tonight at a tenner so partly sky, partly cost but more expectation of another defeat maybe?

Maybe, but by now your riders should be a little bit more used to the re-shaped track. Although im really not suprised you beat Swindon..

I'm a bit confused about Rosco always going on about this being a young team so need time. I thought they were teenagers the way he spoke but Looking at the ages of this year's new riders, they are not much younger than last year's with most being in their late 20s.

Doyle 30, Josh 26, Tungate 26, Sedgmen 24

Young to me is like Lambert(18), Woryna(19), Kurtz (19) Fricke (20) Garrity (22)

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 5

Agree the crowd was a disappointment compared to the same fixture last year, but the atmosphere was far and away the best this season. First half of meeting lacked overtaking, second half much better, much closer racing.

Above all else though, the Lions deserved the win, didn't think I'd say that this year, and just for tonight at least that's good enough.

Marvellous.

That was rubbish. Nothing more to add.

Track was too slick to produce a better meeting but a great lions win.

I thought Leicester wanted it far more than Swindon

Summer's was dire

Very poor crowd again at Leicester

Has Leicester got new floodlights or had sky forgot they said the floodlights were the problem they only visited Leicester once in mid summer ?

Well done lions great win

Swindon were poor tonight....Doyle and 6 journeymen will not get anywhere near the top 4.

2 other poor teams are Coventry and Kings Lynn and obviously I also include the Lions as well.

• Like 1

......Mr Bump..............Agree the crowd was a disappointment compared to the same fixture last year.

I did think it was a bit strange in the build up to the match to use a photo showing what looked like a half a mile queue snaking down the path towards the shopping centre. That would be enough to put me off going not encourage me to attend. I can't comment on the match because I haven't got Sky but pleased to see the Lions won.

• Like 1

Swindon were poor tonight....Doyle and 6 journeymen will not get anywhere near the top 4.

2 other poor teams are Coventry and Kings Lynn and obviously I also include the Lions as well.

Swindon were poor at Poole as well, they are not as good as they thought they were. Dear old uncle Rosco has work to do...

• Like 1

Swindon were poor at Poole as well, they are not as good as they thought they were. Dear old uncle Rosco has work to do...

No one has said Swindon are good & are at best in a fight for the 4th play off spot but don't let that stop you!!

I don't think they will get it as they needed another heat leader.

Six of the Robins rode in the Premier League last season & Rosco will need to make a change which he will do.

A loss at Poole is expected but can't see many wins on the road unless Rosco goes rabbit hunting.

• Like 1

The track was slick . The forecast was for rain at 6. It missed us it was belting it down only 2 miles away. I had packed it down hard so the the rain would run off.

So with no rain ,Hard track and late watering it was slick for the first part of the meeting.

Glyn

• Like 9

The track was slick . The forecast was for rain at 6. It missed us it was belting it down only 2 miles away. I had packed it down hard so the the rain would run off.

So with no rain ,Hard track and late watering it was slick for the first part of the meeting.

Glyn

It's pleasing to see you come on and explain track conditions. Appreciated :t:

• Like 2