British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Swindon Robins, Weds 13th April 19:30, Sky Meeting..

Rosco's Red Roobins weren't rockin' tonight...one of the poorest Swindon teams this century(apart from the 2 seasons BIG RON was manager), changes need to made otherwise Doyley is carrying too many...step up to the plate you Aussies. Darcy Ward type riders aren't available, at this rate they'll wish they kept Bratch, need to be winning at places like Leicester.

With no new stadium and a poor line-up crowds will be down up on Blunsdon Hill, so get it sorted Roscoboy.

The track was slick . The forecast was for rain at 6. It missed us it was belting it down only 2 miles away. I had packed it down hard so the the rain would run off.

So with no rain ,Hard track and late watering it was slick for the first part of the meeting.

Glyn

Although some people would think it's wise to prepare a track in view of the expected forecast their is another chain of thought that perhaps tracks should be prepared to entertain and provide actual racing. After much anticipation in the alterations I was hoping the Leicester track would have been much better.

Despite the rain no show the meeting itself was dire with little or no racing, after 8 heats I had had enough and switched over and watched something else. I do hope this sent going to be the norm for sky meetings this year.

The track was slick . The forecast was for rain at 6. It missed us it was belting it down only 2 miles away. I had packed it down hard so the the rain would run off.

So with no rain ,Hard track and late watering it was slick for the first part of the meeting.

Glyn

It's pleasing to see you come on and explain track conditions. Appreciated :t:

Too true. The Belle Vue management could learn a lot from you Glyn - in more ways than one.

• Like 3

Too true. The Belle Vue management could learn a lot from you Glyn - in more ways than one.

They are still not telling anyone about the BV - Poole meeting on 27th which is likely not to happen. I wonder if they are selling tickets for it and more importantly is anyone buying them?

I imagine they may not be able to call off officially until close to the date for legal reasons. I'd also say anyone who buys tickets in advance for that date has either been living in a bubble the last few weeks or is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Like 2

Glyn

Thanks for the explanation.

On a normal night when prepared without threat of rain do you think the new track shape will produce good racing with over taking

Backed Swindon to win - Just couldn't gate until too late in the meeting ....

Certainly think reason that Rosco let riders know the situation in the pits was that 4 points dropped by Swindon. Lions look like a team of 2nd strings and two decent reserves.

Backed Swindon to win - Just couldn't gate until too late in the meeting ....

Certainly think reason that Rosco let riders know the situation in the pits was that 4 points dropped by Swindon. Lions look like a team of 2nd strings and two decent reserves.

I actually like both the young pole & Hougaard.

Glyn

You did the right thing. Don't let anybody tell you different.

No one has said Swindon are good & are at best in a fight for the 4th play off spot but don't let that stop you!!

I don't think they will get it as they needed another heat leader.

Six of the Robins rode in the Premier League last season & Rosco will need to make a change which he will do.

A loss at Poole is expected but can't see many wins on the road unless Rosco goes rabbit hunting.

Exactly right.

• Like 1

Glyn

Thanks Glyn. Informative as ever. Perhaps the Lion's management could come on here occasionally and be as forthcoming.

Glyn

Irrespective of that, it looked as if it would be difficult to pass on it however it was prepared. With weather predictions it was understandable that it was slick but people tend to think of it as a poor passing track anyway, even last nights commentaries tended to support that view.

• Like 1

In my opinion it was a match like most others.....a few decent races and the rest being from the gate, it's very rare to get more than that.

I get fed up of other supporters and managers saying there is no passing at BP...well I think it has improved immeasurably from last season...yes last nights racing wasn't super dooper but Glyn has been good to tell us the reasons why.

I get peed of by Mardy Arsed losers like Rossiter telling us 4 or 5 times on Sky Tv that there is no passing at Leicester..how would he know,does he watch every Lions home meetings?

Rossiter and some other managers have a holier than thou and childish attitude toward Leicester..."my track is better than your track na na na na na"...Plonkers!

• Like 2

In my opinion it was a match like most others.....a few decent races and the rest being from the gate, it's very rare to get more than that.

I get fed up of other supporters and managers saying there is no passing at BP...well I think it has improved immeasurably from last season...yes last nights racing wasn't super dooper but Glyn has been good to tell us the reasons why.

I get peed of by Mardy Arsed losers like Rossiter telling us 4 or 5 times on Sky Tv that there is no passing at Leicester..how would he know,does he watch every Lions home meetings?

Rossiter and some other managers have a holier than thou and childish attitude toward Leicester..."my track is better than your track na na na na na"...Plonkers!

That's Roscoe for you. If he wins he goes round crowing about it, if he loses there's always some excuse, never his fault.

• Like 1

That's Roscoe for you. If he wins he goes round crowing about it, if he loses there's always some excuse, never his fault.

Of course it isn't his fault, he isn't riding.

He never blamed the track. He blamed his side's gating, saying it's hard to pass on this track.

Last night's meeting certainly didn't do much to prove otherwise. I only recall one decent race.

• Like 2