Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Swindon Robins, Weds 13th April 19:30, Sky Meeting..

For Leciester meetings at Lynn and vs Lynn next Thursday and Saturday Paul Starke will be in the 1-5.

Thought the Tier 2 rider remained at reserve all season, or is this another rule I've misunderstood?

Thought the Tier 2 rider remained at reserve all season, or is this another rule I've misunderstood?

I think that was the original interpretation from the initial announcement....

Tier one riders could swap I believe was the thought...

Looks like it has changed..

Mind you, it is only 08.35 as I type so maybe it will change again by the time match starts this evening....

Edited by mikebv

The bspa have cocked the rules up again and now that it seems that some of the FTR riders are better than the riders in the positions 1 - 5, in some cases both FTR riders for a club, so it will not be long before riders who started in the top 5 will be a reserve. It looks like D Watt for Poole will soon be a reserve, followed by Chris Holder if he carries on scoring like he is at the moment.

More importantly the weather for tonight looks good with a bit of rain due about 3pm, COYR.

Edited by A ORLOV

17.5.1 Only one EDR (the one with the highest MA) may move into a Team’s top 1-5.

• Like 1

The bspa have cocked the rules up again and now that it seems that some of the FTR riders are better than the riders in the positions 1 - 5, in some cases both FTR riders for a club, so it will not be long before riders who started in the top 5 will be a reserve. It looks like D Watt for Poole will soon be a reserve, followed by Chris Holder if he carries on scoring like he is at the moment.

More importantly the weather for tonight looks good with a bit of rain due about 3pm, COYR.

Holder has one bad meeting and suddenly he is going to be reserve! 😂😂
  • Like 1

Apart from the fact that both reserves cannot be in the 1-5, (see post #34 above), I wouldn't mind a spell with Chris at reserve - if only for all the upset it would cause all other clubs' fans!! ;-)

In Poole's case it is still likely to be Brady that drops to reserve, as Davey's rolling average will keep him higher initially I think when Poole complete their 2nd away meeting at Brandon next Friday 22nd, which will come into effect 7 days later..

PS. I've emailed the BSPA again this morning for clarification on the EDR rules.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Holder has one bad meeting and suddenly he is going to be reserve!

You didn't buy one of the BSF crystal balls then? I understand they're readily available on the dark Web.

Well, the weather looks good. Will be great to finally see a sky meeting and hopefully they get a good turnout and it's a good advert for Speedway.

Leicester 28

Swindon 62

• Like 1

Holder has one bad meeting and suddenly he is going to be reserve!

Apart from the fact that both reserves cannot be in the 1-5, (see post #34 above), I wouldn't mind a spell with Chris at reserve - if only for all the upset it would cause all other clubs' fans!! ;-)

In Poole's case it is still likely to be Brady that drops to reserve, as Davey's rolling average will keep him higher initially I think when Poole complete their 2nd away meeting at Brandon next Friday 22nd, which will come into effect 7 days later..

PS. I've emailed the BSPA again this morning for clarification on the EDR rules.

Leicester 28

Swindon Poole 62

Another thread hijacked by Poole. :wink:

• Like 1

Tonight will be a test of Norrie Allan's managerial skills. I think that you can put Jason down for a 15 point maximum. All that Norrie has got to do then is to make sure that Lions get a 3-3 in all Jason's heats (easier said than done!) and then knock up some heat advantages in the remaining 10 races. Can the Lions stop Swindon's other six riders from getting more that 31 points between them? If they all ride to the averages that they have got for Elite League meetings at Leicester they could just about do it. However if the Lions pull up their socks ride to their potential they could just about scrape a win. Norrie will have to be quick on his feet to make sure that Lions make the most of their reserves and have some tactical riding in those heats where they ought to get a heat advantage i.e. 2, 4, 5 7, 8, 9 12 & 14.

And there we have one of the key factors why Poole Speedway has such an appalling reputation outside Dorset. What an attitude to have!

Edited by rmc

And there we have one of the key factors why Poole Speedway has such an appalling reputation outside Dorset. What an attitude to have!

He is joking! Are we not allowed to have a sense of humour!! Not like we can control what Matt does is it?
  • Like 1