British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Swindon Robins, Weds 13th April 19:30, Sky Meeting..

I think Swindon have looked reasonable here after a bad start.

You could see a real effort mid-match which led to some falls and some races being stopped with us in front, then being at the back in the re-run.

A bit more luck and we could have been right in it.

I think Swindon have looked reasonable here after a bad start.

You could see a real effort mid-match which led to some falls and some races being stopped with us in front, then being at the back in the re-run.

A bit more luck and we could have been right in it.

Whether they are good enough is open to opinion but they won't lack effort.

Whether they are good enough is open to opinion but they won't lack effort.

Very true. And that's half the battle in terms of improving.

Morris is gonna get a slapped botty off Rossiter me thinks.

This Swindon side it's not the best but it's young and gives 100 % .....in a way it's for the greater good that the Lions gets some wins so not that upset about it .

The track thou still not great is still a lot better than it was .

• Like 2

I'll agree to the comments about precessional racing early on in the meeting, but thought the track and thus the racing improved towards the latter stages. Some good battles and a few passes made it more entertaining later in the meeting. Glad the Lions have their first points on the board, Wozniak looked back to the rider that quickly became a favourite last year!

• Like 1

So in the space of a week my prediction for Poole to go unbeaten and Leicester to fail to win all season both show I don't know as much as I think I do :D

Missed the first thirteen heats and was going to stay up to watch it at 11 on ss2. Doesn't look like it's worth it. What happened to Aaron?

But GLAD to see Speedway back on SKY !!!

Think I would have put Tungate in H15 instead of Morris, more likely to nick a point on that track.

Think I would have put Tungate in H15 instead of Morris, more likely to nick a point on that track.

His number one bike was badly damaged. So Morris probably the correct call.

I enjoyed that meeting with some great value heats.

How bad are the Robins that they can't get nothing from the leagues worst team?

I'm shocked to be honest.

Have to rethink my top 4 claims .

Summers the only disappointment for the Lions who rode well (or against poor opposition?).

So good to see live Speedway back on the box.

• Like 2

I enjoyed that meeting with some great value heats.

How bad are the Robins that they can't get nothing from the leagues worst team?

I'm shocked to be honest.

Have to rethink my top 4 claims .

Summers the only disappointment for the Lions who rode well (or against poor opposition?).

So good to see live Speedway back on the box.

I think this team is reliant on big progress from Morris and Tungate. So far that hasn't happened. Tonight showed that Swindon will provide plenty of entertainment this season and will be good value for money.

Rossiter is right, there will be good displays and poor displays this season. Whether that will be enough to grab 4th place, I'm not so sure. I reckon your team will be that team!

• Like 1

Not a good meeting tonight, nearly got the 1 point but the Robins need to get out of the gate. They may have changed the track but it is still rubbish with first to bend 1 usually won the race, very processional and virtually no overtaking, the size of the crowd even though it was only £10 showed what the locals think of it.

Swindon need to get a bit of practice in tomorrow before Wolves visit.

• Like 1

Well that puts paid to all the Lions wouldn't beat a PL team ;)

Not a good meeting tonight, nearly got the 1 point but the Robins need to get out of the gate. They may have changed the track but it is still rubbish with first to bend 1 usually won the race, very processional and virtually no overtaking, the size of the crowd even though it was only £10 showed what the locals think of it.

Swindon need to get a bit of practice in tomorrow before Wolves visit.

Crowd did look bad never seen so many spaces on the fencing before. A few years back you had to be there an hour before to get near the fence. Worrying times but hopefully a win might interest a few, as for the track it looked better and there was some passing, though not much.