British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Chris Holder Sky Interview

Its raining and I was bored so just watched this.

He's not very well informed is he? He thinks they have only had a few races on the new Belle Vue track and that Sky are going to be showing BV vs Poole on April 27th. Yeah right :D obviously doesn't read BSF :P

Never thought I would say I missed Woffy, but I did. Woffy at least comes across as articulate and interested. Holder just came across as a laid back Aussie :P

I guess it filled a few minutes on Sky Sports News.....how does anyone watch that carp? but IMO it will do absolutely nothing to advance the cause of speedway, let alone British Speedway. Oh wait cos it won't .....it's Sky :P:D:rofl:

As I said I'm bored :party:

EDITED to add, I watched the facebook one, from pics on twitter looks as if there were two interviews.

Edited by Star Lady

Yes, watched both too and the Facebook one was slightly better than the one on SSHQ.

Link to the Facebook interview here:

https://www.facebook.com/SkySports/videos/vb.10911153761/10154099640288762/?type=2&theater

As you say, it made Tai look ultra professional and on a par with other top-line motor sports men, which to be fair most of the time he is, but I suppose Tai would struggle to answer questions on current speedway in Britain. (Holder: 'He's British, and er sort of'.....)

SSHQ (Sky Sports News) really can rot your brain if you watch it for too long.

Just me then,

I thought for what time he was given both interviews were ok

• Like 1

I guess it filled a few minutes on Sky Sports News.....how does anyone watch that carp? but IMO it will do absolutely nothing to advance the cause of speedway, let alone British Speedway. Oh wait cos it won't .....it's Sky :P:D:rofl:

Was it a fishing programme? :o:drink:

• Like 2

Oh dear oh dear.................

Everyone knows that Aussies will tell it as it is...............does it ever occur to any of you that Chris Holder may just be right................the sport in this country is lagging behind the times.................and we need to move with the times...............

Oh but of course he is a Poole rider so that makes him wrong............oh dearie me forgot that.................

The whole sport needs to move with the times.........we are way behind Poland, Sweden and for that matter even the Australians in how we bring the next generation of riders through...................that is why we are lagging behind so much at international level...................

We need to be in the 21st century but the BSPA/SCB want to live in the past in the hey day of the 1970's and 80's.............until they start moving forward and looking at the real world the sport is going to decay even further than it is now..............

RP

• Like 1

Um.. I don't think that anyone said holder's views were wrong? Except for his comments about belle Vue that were factually incorrect. And being less articulate than tai. But don't let that stop u having another defensive "everyone hates poole" rant...

• Like 3

i think chris holder came across ok....the problem with these live sport interviews is that most sport stars come across as very bored and not interested...or sometimes looking like they wished they werent there

good exposure can do more good than what bad exposure can do bad....

the belle vue track when sorted will be the best track in the uk!

• Like 1

Everyone knows that Aussies will tell it as it is...............does it ever occur to any of you that Chris Holder may just be right................the sport in this country is lagging behind the times.................and we need to move with the times...............

Oh but of course he is a Poole rider so that makes him wrong............oh dearie me forgot that.................

The whole sport needs to move with the times.........we are way behind Poland, Sweden and for that matter even the Australians in how we bring the next generation of riders through...................that is why we are lagging behind so much at international level...................

We need to be in the 21st century but the BSPA/SCB want to live in the past in the hey day of the 1970's and 80's.............until they start moving forward and looking at the real world the sport is going to decay even further than it is now..............

RP

Cant help but to make yourself look silly can you, no one has said he wasnt correct just that he didnt come across very well, ive always liked Chris but Tai in general is far more camera friendly

• Like 3

Oh dear oh dear. Usual ill-judged, incorrect and totally biased RP rant = :oops: & :icon_smile_clown: .

Now, now, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

• Like 1

General question , when Chris says "less meetings" (and sure this is the reason other european & GP riders don't race UK too) would attract more riders to the elite league , do Poland Sweden Denmark just ride domestic league meetings and not cup competitions? is league racing just what we want??

is league racing just what we want??

Judging by the turnout by the fans in many cases yes it is what we want. Now the FA Cup is a different ballgame!